• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Mistwalker

Mistwalker

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 332 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

I like the binder in the background at the 3:20 mark.

Kickstarter Sophie binder
  • Metalchaos likes this

#17 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 3235 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Um yeah. If I ever get laid off from my current job I'll be on your doorstep with my paint kit and a resume!

[EDIT: awkwardly huge picture removed.]
  • Exwilly and Last Knight like this
Active Events: Lysette | Dragons 2013 | Bad Boys | TMBG 2014 | WX14 | RC Songs |
Click this link to my gallery! I need the hits! ::P: | 2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 23

#18 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8642 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:34 AM

I like the binder in the background at the 3:20 mark.

Kickstarter Sophie binder

We use those to track projects. Each part of KS Sophie had a page in the binder, and each page kept running tallies of how much was cast, how much was QC'ed out, how much was kept, and how much was still needed. In over, over 14,000 Sophies were made. To give an idea, over 260 pounds of tin was required just to cast the chassis of the motorcycle. We needed 60 pounds of each wing.

We would have the casters cycle various parts on and off of their line, if one part was clearly having more produced in a day, they'd pull one or more molds and replace them with whichever part was getting the least per day, so the idea was that on the last day of casting, every part needed roughly the same number of spins, and would finish all at once.
  • Girot and Last Knight like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#19 Hibou

Hibou

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

That was great. Definitely makes me want to attend a Reapercon in the future.

I need to show this to my brother. He can sit and watch "How Its Made" all day long. He would love to see how and where our minis are born.

#20 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3198 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

0:21 - 0:29 Diablo action figure and clear plasticrack in reaper's lair. I wonder if the heroclix were used for getting ideas on how to model clear bones.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#21 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

It's wonderful to get a glimpse into how things are done at Reaper HQ! :D

I would have re-shared this on Facebook & Google+, but right at the end, there are those shots of the nekkid painted female minis (and I have a few relatives on Facebook & Google+ who probably wouldn't react well to my sharing something like that ;) ).

#22 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1363 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Did I miss it, or was there an "artisans" credit and Martin was not listed? What is it he really does there???
  • Reaperbryan and Exwilly like this

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#23 klawzie

klawzie

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Someone has to pose for the sultry figures.
  • Adrift likes this

#24 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

Darn tootin' I pose for those sultry figures. My girlish frame is a perfect reference for the more demure of the female minis.

I think I made myself throw up a bit in my mouth with that one...
  • bkjohns96, Girot, klawzie and 1 other like this
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#25 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Honestly, I don't think they ever got my name to begin with. No harm, no foul.
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#26 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8642 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

What is it he really does there???

we will let you know when we find out. :)
  • bkjohns96, buglips*the*goblin, Sanael and 3 others like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YouTube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users