• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hibou

Hibou

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

I have been thinking about adding a faction of wererats for my players to fight in my Forgotten Realms 3.5 campaign. I like to have everything represented my minis. I have looked at Reapers were rat minis and I like them. The issue i have with them is I need a small army of them in a variety of poses and would rather stick with Reaper metal than GW plastics.

There are currently only 4 models from reaper that are labeled as wererats in the online store. This has led me to take a good hard look at the mouslings for use as sewer dwelling villains. I like the mouslings and even own a few. What i am afraid of is having the fear and tension I hope to create with my NPC baddies undermined by overly cute minis.

What do you folks think?

#2 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

The cuteness is just a distraction from how EVIL they actually are !!!
  • Girot likes this

#3 Girot

Girot

Drunk Bacon God

• Bones Supporter
  • 4412 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:44 AM

I concur. You totally need to use mouslings for this.

2014 Painted Miniatures/Models: 42

Bones II:  #7355

#4 vutpakdi

vutpakdi

Knight-Errant

• Black Lightning
  • 2825 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

"Whew. It's just cute mouselings. We don't need to worr-" <urk> <gurgle> <thud>

Ron
  • haldir and dispatchdave like this

#5 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15140 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

You can make them less cute by paint. Crazy eyes. Greasy looking fur. Dirty/bloody clothes, etc.
  • Girot and Last Knight like this

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#6 Hibou

Hibou

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Qwicksilver, not sure about that. My zombie mouslings still came out pretty cute. I think I am gonna pick up the mouslings heroes set. I can always get a campaign of MouseGaurd going to further justify the purchase.
  • Last Knight likes this

#7 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1258 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

With the title I was thinking there was going to be a diorama idea of Mouselings versus wererats. Sounded like a pretty good idea if you ask me, scurvy nasty wererats against cute and cuddly little mouselings.
  • Last Knight likes this

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#8 Hibou

Hibou

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

With the title I was thinking there was going to be a diorama idea of Mouselings versus wererats.

That's a good thought. I may have to give that some additional consideration.
  • Last Knight likes this

#9 redambrosia

redambrosia

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3331 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

I would like to tentatively suggest you check out MegaMini's line of ratfolk. http://stores.ebay.com/MegaMiniatures
They're minis are great quality, and suplament my stock of (mostly unpainted /sigh) minis nicely.

Reason #412 on why not to multitask and paint....dipped my brush in salsa @_@

I have terminal figmentia. :huh:

My DeviantArt
"Cure for an obsession: get another one." Mason Cooley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users