239 replies to this topic

#1 recruittons

recruittons

Arch Magi of Figmentia Exchangus

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

http://www.kickstart...-reinforcements

Project is a followup to the western themed Blackwater Gulch game campaign a couple months back. Here, we have large amounts of various gangs of minis.

Sweet spots seem to be at between $100 and $150 (each one gives you different amounts of starter sets, but all give you every single unlocked solo mini)

Points of interest:
$25 add-on for 10 bottles of Army Painter paints. Essential colors.
$10 for 10 scenic bases
$50 for a Battlefoam C4 bag
$60 for 2 Gamecraft buildings and 2 outhouses
$60 for Battleflag bundle of a sheriff's office and a gallows

My Personal Favorites
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
These ones in particular, Tombstone is one of my favorite modern westerns.
Posted Image

#2 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Suppose I should add that all pledge levels include free shipping to the US, Canada, UK, EU, and Australia. That's pretty impressive!
Posted Image

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

King of the North

• Members
  • 3256 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

I expect the Tranquility crew will be popular but I think they should have placed them earlier due to their obvious appeal to more than just Western gamers. 90k is quite a ways to go so theres a danger of.people backing for those then pulling late on if they're not going to make it.
Hope I'm wrong as they look great but as I'm personally going to be backing just for Tranquility I'd be surprised that I'm alone.
The danger of homage figures and stretch goals.

@nocturnerose

Currently procrastinating

#4 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Yeah, no offence to them. The minis look great, but I'm in this for the Doctor Kilmer and the Tranquility crew. (Maybe Kurt Wyatt)
Posted Image

#5 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 5194 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

I've been struggling to keep away from any more kickstarters right now, and I only took a peek at this thread cause I thought I was safe as I already have enough Old West minis thanks to Black Scorpion and Reaper... But then the first thing is see is the Tranquilty crew and I can ready feel my resolve begin to buckle.

So far I've manage to resist going to check out the kickstarter, but I would like to know if any sculptors have been mentioned yet.
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

#6 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Brother Vinni, Patrick Keith, Ian Mountain, Bob Naismith, Pedro Ramos
Posted Image

#7 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 5194 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

Carp! :(

Might as well take my wallet out behind the woodshed right now and shoot it to put it out of its misery.
  • GreyHorde likes this
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

#8 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:12 PM

Yeah, Patrick Keith and Ian Mountain are enough to sell me on the quality we'll see.
Posted Image

#9 dariustad

dariustad

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:17 PM

Carp! :(

Might as well take my wallet out behind the woodshed right now and shoot it to put it out of its misery.

You still have a wallet? I have my paychecks direct deposited into the Kickstarter account, now.
  • CashWiley likes this

#10 dariustad

dariustad

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Okay, these minis I don't really need, but the Colt 45 d6's might be a major must get. I have an ex-army buddy that will most likely make me order some for him.

#11 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 5194 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

@dariustad. Yep. All my hobby money, and a bit more, has been going into kickstarter since April. ;)

Okay. So I went to the site and I do have a few concerns. I see that their previous kickstarter topped out at $21,000. Which leaves me wondering how likely we'll see those $90,000 rewards met. Especially as the kickstarter is only running for 22 days. Over a week shorter than most similar kickstarters I've backed. Add into the mix that this is running pretty close to the Christmas season, plus it seems to me that mini kickstarters in general have been reaching more modest levels lately, and I really have to wonder if they'll reach the sets that I really want.

Won't stop me from backing them completely though. I've been interested in trying out buildings from both those companies that are being offered in the add-ons, and while not a terribly great savings over ordering them direct from the manufacturer, with free shipping of this kickstarter it's worth it to give them a try.

I'll be see'in ya'll over on the Blackwater Gulch kickstarter pardners!
- Pingo's alter ego.

- Deep Thoughts

#12 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Worse comes to worst, I'll probably just end up with the Widowmakers and Kurt Wyatt. Those ladies look deadly-lovely
  • Nocturne likes this
Posted Image

#13 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5509 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Also all the current purchasable stuff is from the first KS and you don't even have the option to buy the new stuff until it hits 10k which means everyone who bought into the first KS has no reason to join in right away.

For doing a KS to get extra starters they really seam to just be raising money as it's 10k until they add 1 and then 20k after that turns me off completely to this.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#14 recruittons

recruittons

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

Well, keep in mind, the 10k mark is their original goal, so until they hit that, they really don't have anything new to offer! The first new set has 5 minis, so that is 2k per mini to launch. That includes shipping, KS fees, potential taxes. Apparently they swam in red ink from the last one, but managed to fulfill. I get the feeling they are just trying to be more realistic, much like the ShadowSea KS.
Posted Image

#15 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5509 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

It's a bit different from the Shadow seas one as what was offered was new stuff, this KS is just selling what they already have. I understand not wanting to be in the red from KSers, it's way to common for first time people to over discount, but this one is totally being presented wrong and just seams like they're using KS as a glorified store front.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: western, cowboys, indians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users