• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 chaosscorpion

chaosscorpion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1241 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:39 PM

Just booked my flights and rooms. Notifying the boss Monday for the dates.
  • dispatchdave likes this

Life is Chaos... So Enjoy Life

ks_banner_bones_2_core_set.gif

#2 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1930 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I have a friend who works for an airline that is going to be getting me a free plane ticket and likely a good deal on car/hotel. I guess I need to get on this, huh?
  • Girot, morari, Last Knight and 1 other like this

#3 chaosscorpion

chaosscorpion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1241 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:55 AM

Sure do Adrift, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.
  • Adrift likes this

#4 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1930 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

Libations for all!
  • Last Knight likes this

#5 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12432 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hoping to go next year. I really should try & buy my plane ticket early. Last time I looked it was around 266 for a round tripper from Boise to DFW. Cheapest ticket price I've seen in awhile for me.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#6 dispatchdave

dispatchdave

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1345 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

We'll be driving the 900 miles to Reapercon. And somehow I convinced my wife to come along too!
  • flygyrl, xanderhook and Argentee like this

Be a gentleman. It is charming and infuriating, respectively, to exactly the people you want it to be.

My brain is not sick, my brain just is. And sometimes I need a little help to function in a society not designed for my cognition.

-http://wolvensnother...-the-brain?og=1

Hirst Arts Molds: 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59, 61, 80, 85, 201, 202, 230, 235, 240, 245, 250

#7 fanguad

fanguad

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

I'm thinking about going to ReaperCon for the first time, but haven't made up my mind yet. Do I need to worry about tickets/hotel rooms selling out?

#8 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5828 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Since its taking place in April this year I don't think you need to worry about hotel rooms selling out, at least under normal circumstances. I have a feeling that this may be a really big ReaperCon though so early is better. I'm not sure if there is a limit on the number of convention badges there hasn't been in the past but there is certainly a limit on the number of tickets for classes. You won't be able to do anything about that until more official announcements are made and tickets go up for sale. I'm guessing that will happen sometime in February or March.
  • Last Knight likes this
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#9 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12432 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Yup, the "official" hotel of RCon is usually the Best Western @ Lake Dallas. Allot of Con-goers stay at this one & while the room fill up quickly, previous years thou RCon was at the same time as area school graduations. If anything you can always try & find a roomie. I've done that last 2 years & wow what difference in the cost of the room is because of that. If it was possible heck I'd tried to get 2 people to share. Which would mean someone would be on the floor & that wouldn't make for a good weekend thou........

Still you can always book your hotel now (bestwestern.com & look for the Lake Dallas one, not the Denton one).

#10 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 1974 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Also if you miss the hotel, there are others in the area and the rates won't be dramatically higher. Some people bargain shop and stay elsewhere. While some folks who are friends from previous years do hang out a bit at the hotel, the vast majority of the action is at the con itself. There aren't hospitality suites or conference rooms at the hotel or anything like that. Of the six or seven (or maybe more, I'm losing count) of cons that I've attended, I think there's only been one or two times I've done anything other than eat breakfast, sleep and shower at the hotel.

#11 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 3697 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

Yup, the "official" hotel of RCon is usually the Best Western @ Lake Dallas. Allot of Con-goers stay at this one & while the room fill up quickly, previous years thou RCon was at the same time as area school graduations. If anything you can always try & find a roomie. I've done that last 2 years & wow what difference in the cost of the room is because of that. If it was possible heck I'd tried to get 2 people to share. Which would mean someone would be on the floor & that wouldn't make for a good weekend thou........

Still you can always book your hotel now (bestwestern.com & look for the Lake Dallas one, not the Denton one).

I'm not going to make it this year, but for general reference as long as I'm not paying the same rates as the guys who get beds I am totally cool with sleeping on the floor. I have a sleeping bag. :-) A lot of hotels will also provide cots, too.
  • Girot likes this
Happiness is just a word to me
And it might have meant a thing or two
If I'd known the difference
Emptiness, a lonely parody
And my life, another smokin' gun
A sign of my indifference...

-Seatbelts, "Gotta Knock A Little Harder"

I pretty much agree with everything that Last Knight said.

#12 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12432 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Well this year's RCon ('12) was overbooked so it would have helped people that were out of a room.

Also I almost forgot there is anther hotel that is up the street from the BW. A Comfort Inn. It's relatively new but since I've stayed at the BW every year besides '05 & '06, its kinda like a 'home away from home" so to speak + Sunny & his staff are top notch in my books.

#13 fanguad

fanguad

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 810 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

Ah, I guess I didn't pick up that the convention wasn't at the hotel. Google Maps to the rescue! So the convention is in that warehouse-looking building I can see from Street View? Guess that necessitates renting a car.

#14 Last Knight

Last Knight

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Bones Supporter
  • 3697 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Ah, I guess I didn't pick up that the convention wasn't at the hotel. Google Maps to the rescue! So the convention is in that warehouse-looking building I can see from Street View? Guess that necessitates renting a car.

That warehouse would be Reaper. ::):
Happiness is just a word to me
And it might have meant a thing or two
If I'd known the difference
Emptiness, a lonely parody
And my life, another smokin' gun
A sign of my indifference...

-Seatbelts, "Gotta Knock A Little Harder"

I pretty much agree with everything that Last Knight said.

#15 chaosscorpion

chaosscorpion

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1241 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Well, I'm a little farther away than those recommended, but can't complain. My wife donated her Hilton points to my cause; bringing the price for 5 days down to $100. Woohoo! So it will be a grueling 12 minute drive. ::):
  • Dr.Bedlam, Girot, Adrift and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users