Photo

Just got my kickstarter Sophie, and she looks great - but how are her hands supposed to attach to the handlebars?

ReaperKickstarter Dark Heaven Sophie

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 chris_valera

chris_valera

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Like the thread title says, I pledged the Reaper Miniatures kickstarter campaign (one of the most successful in kickstarter history) at the "Vampire" level, and I just got my Kickstarter Sophie the succubus in the mail. Sophie the Succubus is a bonus limited edition figure available to donors who donated at the "Vampire" level and above.

I opened it up (maybe that was a mistake, not keeping it in mint condition...) and it's a great little figure, let down by some unfortunate assembly quirks.

On the good side, the figure is very characterful. The wings fit very snugly, and want to stay even without glue, although obviously you'll need to glue it to join them to the body permanently, but the join is very snug.

Some complaints though; the point of contact for the wheel to attach to the bike forks is frustratingly small, and there's no good point of contact. I don't think the wheel will stay glued to the forks, You're going to have to glue this model to a base, it's not staying together any other way.

Sophie also doesn't seem to have a set point of contact to sit on the bike. I mean, you can make a good guess, but it's not exact. A small peg and hole to join the two parts would have been helpful.

Finally the handlebars. In a word, they stink. Sophie is waving her hands in two different directions, neither of which is conducive to getting her to grip the handle bars. It's not a question of turning the handlebars either. Either you have to bend her arms, or the forks, or something, Very disappointed.

A very good limited edition figure, let down by poor assembly.

What about you guys, how are your Kickstarter Sophies coming along?

--Chris
www.chrisvalera.com

#2 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12416 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

Got mine today as well. The box was kinda mangled thou which resulted in the bubble package being flattened but it appears Sophie & her bike are still safe. I haven't taken her out of the package yet.

Curious thou, is the bike the same one as the one in Chronoscope or at least a re-design? I thought about picking it up in the Boneyard this year during Rcon but the body was out at the time of my shopping.

Glad I went with getting Sophie vs trading in for credit!!!!
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#3 Tranquil Ape

Tranquil Ape

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

whee whee number three!
-------------------------------------
Formerly known as "D"rayla

My CMON gallery

#4 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 2545 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Arrival in San Antonio this afternoon. No complaints!

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#5 Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1192 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I belive from what was said during the KS that the bike is based on the chronoscope one with some modifications (not sure if it was just by adding stuff, or if any of the original bike got resculpted)

#6 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12416 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Well I'm sure the skull was added but the way the wheel connects to the forks is defiently pulled from the Chronoscope one. I don't recall the bike since that part wasn't in the bins.

Looking at the bike I see the designs on the gas tank (wings) might have been added & maybe the spine on the rear fender perhaps (both look like something for a demon would have on her ride)

#7 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12416 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Chris

Did you see the footpeg on the bike? Mine was bent upwards & I had no idea it was there until this afternoon + looking at the painted pic helps in getting her into the way its suppose to be. Best thing to do is clip off the tab & then dry fit her hands/handlebars to her arms & work from there.

Once you put her left foot on that peg, it's pretty easy to see how she goes. She'll have 1 foot (Right) on the ground. Also the wheel only goes 1 way. You can see if you've got it in wrong. The tire won't line up right. Sand/shave both the wheel & forks & it actually fits pretty good.

Posted Image

You can barely see it here but the foot peg is near her heel.

#8 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 997 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Chris

Did you see the footpeg on the bike? Mine was bent upwards & I had no idea it was there until this afternoon + looking at the painted pic helps in getting her into the way its suppose to be. Best thing to do is clip off the tab & then dry fit her hands/handlebars to her arms & work from there.

Once you put her left foot on that peg, it's pretty easy to see how she goes. She'll have 1 foot (Right) on the ground. Also the wheel only goes 1 way. You can see if you've got it in wrong. The tire won't line up right. Sand/shave both the wheel & forks & it actually fits pretty good.

Posted Image

You can barely see it here but the foot peg is near her heel.

that foot peg is a kickstarter >,< Gah don't you know anything about motorcycles? lol I couldn't resist saying something my biker nerd side kicked in when I noticed you called it a peg
  • Foxden Racing likes this

Warning: I am a Noob, Follow my advice at your own risk.  

8667879275_46308a2812_s.jpg

#9 fanguad

fanguad

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 804 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Did you see the footpeg on the bike?

that foot peg is a kickstarter >,< Gah don't you know anything about motorcycles? lol I couldn't resist saying something my biker nerd side kicked in when I noticed you called it a peg

I'm getting a kick out of imagining that it *is* a footpeg. Maybe Sophie likes riding her chopper like a sports bike?

I'm personally hoping to do a conversion to put her on a bike I find more attractive.
  • pocketcthulhu likes this

#10 pocketcthulhu

pocketcthulhu

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 997 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

Did you see the footpeg on the bike?

I'm getting a kick out of imagining that it *is* a footpeg. Maybe Sophie likes riding her chopper like a sports bike?

I'm personally hoping to do a conversion to put her on a bike I find more attractive.

Looks a little too much like a fury to me
Posted Image

Warning: I am a Noob, Follow my advice at your own risk.  

8667879275_46308a2812_s.jpg

#11 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 5803 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

I think its appropriate that a succubus is riding a Fury. ::D:
  • CashWiley and pocketcthulhu like this
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#12 Hibou

Hibou

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:13 PM

Just got mine in the mail. I am tempted to open it up and put it together right now. Alas the army of naked metal on my shelf o' shame needs to get completed before i paint this nude biker demon.

#13 Matbar

Matbar

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Just got mine in the mail. I am tempted to open it up and put it together right now. Alas the army of naked metal on my shelf o' shame needs to get completed before i paint this nude biker demon.

Being part of a board where someone can say "nude biker demon" and not be carted off in an "I love me" jacket rocks.
  • Exwilly and pocketcthulhu like this

#14 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1154 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I now have mine and two friends' Sophies to paint.

Two nekkid, one in a bikini. (My hope for the future - a Sophie in jeans and a leather jacket on a bike - for the Urban Legend version have her leave her blouse off, if you want. I want more clothes, not less.... ::P: )

One is getting tan lines and maybe a Playboy Bunny patch.

The one in a bikini may end up popping a wheelie, legs and arms to be repositioned, a hand cut off of the handlebars, and a hand with a sword added to the appropriate wrist. (I don't want it as a collector - I have... plans....)

The Auld Grump
  • Matbar likes this
Si Tibi Narraremus Te Interficere Debemus

#15 Matbar

Matbar

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 301 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

I now have mine and two friends' Sophies to paint.

Two nekkid, one in a bikini. (My hope for the future - a Sophie in jeans and a leather jacket on a bike - for the Urban Legend version have her leave her blouse off, if you want. I want more clothes, not less.... ::P: )

One is getting tan lines and maybe a Playboy Bunny patch.

The one in a bikini may end up popping a wheelie, legs and arms to be repositioned, a hand cut off of the handlebars, and a hand with a sword added to the appropriate wrist. (I don't want it as a collector - I have... plans....)

The Auld Grump

Well since you have extras to play with, you could always give one of the nekkid ones a tramp stamp tattoo. Just sayin.........
  • pocketcthulhu likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ReaperKickstarter, Dark Heaven, Sophie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users