Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShawnDood

Kickstarter Sophie pictures

14 posts in this topic

Just got my Sophie, comes in six parts: front wheel, front of bike, back of bike, Sophie's main body, and the two wings - should be easy to green stuff in the wing slots if you just want a "biker girl."

Sophie04.jpg

Model looks great, but there is a fairly large gap where the wheel part meets the front of the bike part that will need some green stuff to fill in so that the tire segments line up correctly.

Sophie02.jpg

The model can stand without a base even if you use just the bike and Sophie body without wings (but the wings help).

Sophie01.jpg

You might need to gently push the handle bars around a bit to get Sophie into the proper seating position. Overall, a great model, can't wait to start painting it!

Here is a size comparison:

Sophie03.jpg

4 people like this

yah I noticed that with the front wheel as well. Nothing major.

Looks great.

Woo! Did you get a t-shirt/hat with yours or was that a solo item? I'm attempting to gauge how much longer I'm gonna have to wait for mine to show up.

I'm STILL waiting for my "urban legend Biker Sophie" that was due back in.....Sept??? yet today I got a notice my 'bones Ghost' figure was being posted???? HUH????

I'm STILL waiting for my "urban legend Biker Sophie" that was due back in.....Sept??? yet today I got a notice my 'bones Ghost' figure was being posted???? HUH????

As Bryan posted in another thread they are about 50% of the way through getting all the Sophies shipped out. Logistics on getting the t-shirts and hats that are also part of this initial shipment for some of those levels seemed to have caused the delay.

I have no idea what your second question is even about. Did you order something else from Reaper? You are certainly not the only one that has not received your Sophie yet. A little patience is all that is required, your turn in the shipping line is based on what might also be included with your UL Sophie. There is quite the logistical puzzle to solve when shipping out this many miniatures in a very short period of time.

1 person likes this

yet today I got a notice my 'bones Ghost' figure was being posted???? HUH????

Might it by any chance be the "Ghost" kickstarter pledge level, aka Urban Legend Sophie?

I didn't order a shirt, so that may have sped up the process for me. I was also one of the early backers, so if they are shipping in batches chronologically, that might be why I got mine earlier.

I noticed her fingers are on the handlebars pretty good. Am I mistaken or are they pre-molded on and you have to glue her wrist to her arm socket? That's what it's looking like.

Looks like her arms and the handle bars are one piece.

Her arms, no. Her hands, yes. The join is at the wrists.

Her arms, no. Her hands, yes. The join is at the wrists.

rock on. those mold lines on her waist look pretty brutal though. any issues getting rid of them?

I just got home and mine was waiting for me - so here is a pic of the pieces (click the picture for the full size shot)

sophie-parts-thumb.jpg

Excellent. I was thinking of doing the same thing when mine showed up, lol.

I've been test fitting my Sophie, and yeah it's gonna take finangling to get her set right. I was a bit disappointed that she didn't come with the normal beveled base. I'm going to have to figure something out.