recruittons

Delayed
Imbrian Arts Kickstarter

706 posts in this topic

I'm still hanging on for the metals.

Ditto. The Ilfrit and Lich are done, but he's only producing resin copies of those figures and doesn't seem to have plans to support those of us who prefer metal any time soon. I don't like resin. I just don't.

I'm not holding out any hope. I'll be happily and pleasantly surprised if this actually starts going places again, but I don't see it happening.

I believe that is because he wants to put the sets in the same mold for metal casting. Pure conjecture on my part. So death knight at least (which I have a feeling will be in his next update) and shadow?

Hey all,

Thanks for your patience. After surviving an assault from a cat and a move, I've come to a point where I'm happy to show you the Death Knight. I may still make some changes to the miniature and I welcome your critiques on the progress thus far. For me something about it could be a little better.

ee987411680585adcfbdf6820048af12_origina

b7ab629dc0a237a9762e00000843b17d_origina

ca0604ff936c69904c2ecae95a594122_origina

43e94c06bee749a9b763039ec5354645_origina

I'll also be creating a resin base for the kit this week, like the ifrit and lich. If we're all happy with the figure I'll bake it and call it done!

In the interest of maximising time for artistic work and getting as much sculpting done as possible this time I'll be sending the figure off for casting after I've made my own resin masters.

On the game front, I'm working on commissioning one of my favourite artists for the summoning circle. All of my efforts to force myself into a different style have been somewhat of a let down and a frustrating waste, it's taking up a lot of time I could have spent sculpting (something I know at least I can do well at)

I'll update you again in two weeks, after I've had a chance to gather everyone's input and finalise the sculpture and have it cast. 

Happy Monday!

Nice to see an update, hopefully this one can get back on track without any other difficulties that have plagued it so far.

I'm a huge fan. Love Jody and his work.

It turned out great. I really like it. Hopefully, Jody will be able to turn it around, because he is an amazing sculptor.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I really hope he can get things moving more quickly too.  There's still a lot to do.  And he really is a great sculptor.

Wow.

Nothing of nothing after more than four years, and yet he's launching a new Kickstarter. 

That is not the case at all.

16 minutes ago, CashWiley said:

That is not the case at all.

Which part of it?  He has not fulfilled on a Kickstarter over four years old, and he is launching a new Kickstarter next week.

2 people like this

I received a reply to a message I sent Jody at Imbrian Arts early this evening about the status of my pledge rewards.

Have to say that his reply was prompt and informative.

It appears my pledge rewards are being held up by one sculpt, The Piper, that still has to be finished. I wasn't given a time frame but it sounded like it could still be awhile.

Jody gave me several options including shipping what was ready now and the Piper later, shipping everything later, or reselecting a different sculpt and having everything shipped now.

I chose to wait until everything as ready. Might seem a funny choice after waiting so long already, I just hope it was the right choice.

So now I'm hopeful but still a bit wary. Will wait and see how this plays out.

3 people like this

@Darsc Zacal Do you think he would have responded in the same way if he wasn't starting a new project? I'm sometimes a little suspicious of these things, but I'm not sure if the suspicion is fair or not. 

41 minutes ago, CorallineAlgae said:

@Darsc Zacal Do you think he would have responded in the same way if he wasn't starting a new project? I'm sometimes a little suspicious of these things, but I'm not sure if the suspicion is fair or not. 

That's why I'm a bit, more than a bit, wary.

CashWiley has had positive things to say about his interactions with Jody, but I know from other personal experiences that sometimes that could be the exception rather than the rule.

As long as progress is continually shown and communications are kept up, I'm willing to wait and see what happens.

2 people like this

The new KS is good for the fulfillment of this KS. Those minis are most of the death set.

The shadow didn't end up working in reality compared to the concept and the bar Jody has set for casting cool stuff. So I think he's going to offer the bat demon in place of the shadow. The shadow is one of my favorite concepts and I nagged him HARD for months to consider making it.

I know it's easy to get pissed at KS project creators, but sometimes in the excitement of early KS things got nuts. After 4 years, some ideas won't work, and he definitely over-promised. Also, he's learning what will sell for his brand and what won't. The new KS is part of that. He's trying to get the brand awareness up and market his (awesome) stuff. Taking part in sculpting groups on FB has been helping some, but it's tough for indie companies (ask Tre, who continually goes back to KS because his store is otherwise anemic despite being filled with amazing stuff).

So I'm still firmly in the camp of sitting it out until the end. But I'm also aware that what was exactly promised isn't what I'll receive. I do think Jody will do what he can to make it right, and given the reality that the money from the first KS is long gone, everything he delivers from here on out is a testament to him trying to be a stand-up guy. And I respect the heck out of that.

1 person likes this

His wife definitely seems much more business minded and organized so perhaps she is making sure they stay on track