• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zoroaster100

zoroaster100

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 842 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a miniature, Reaper or otherwise, that might serve as a female stone giant if painted appropriately?  I'm going to run the D&D adventures Against the Giants (4th edition version) and need to find female giants to paint as hill, stone, frost and fire giants.  I've found some (could always use more different sculpts) but not any yet that seemed suited for a female stone giant.

#2 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 7882 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Not sure about this one, but I have always liked Skaadi, Dwarf Goddess:

http://www.reapermin...rd/latest/14615

I built a boat. Spelljammer pictures here.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

"All alternate histories produce zeppelins."
-- Ken Hite's Law

#3 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Don't know but way back when I put a suggestion in for one to be sculpted under "what miniatures would you like to see" forum topic.

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#4 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 7882 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

I can't find any info about whether female stone giants are bald, like the males (in which case I think there's no hope), but otherwise Frulla, female giant isn't too bad:

http://www.reapermin.../sku-down/65122

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.
-- Terry Pratchett

"Therefore, O Painter, make your smaller figures merely indicated and not highly finished, otherwise you will produce effects the opposite to nature, your supreme guide"
-- Leonardo da Vinci

-- Ken Hite's Law

#5 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 7882 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Impact! Miniatures has some female ogre sports characters that are in the more grotesque direction, and not bad for smaller giants:

http://www.impactmin...file&id=WM_FOGR

-- Terry Pratchett

-- Leonardo da Vinci

-- Ken Hite's Law

#6 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1183 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

In the newer/newest monster manual, there is a picture of a stone giant chick, and I think she's depicted either bald or with really short hair.

Reaper, sweet Reaper, help us with a lucious stone giantess!

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#7 czak

czak

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 141 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

In Paizo's art, female stone giants are bald (Conna the Wise who shows up in the Rise of the Runelord's AP).

#8 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1373 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hmmm, I suspect that the best way to get a female stone giant right now involves adding secondary gender characteristics with green stuff.

The harder part would be adding the clothes to cover the breasts up again - the Reaper Stone Giant is on the 'Skins' team when playing football. The lady would most likely be a 'Shirt'.

Reaper has been re-imagining their giants for a while now - I look forward to seeing what a more primal stone giant will look like. I too would like to see male and female of all the giants. So far Fire and Frost have been redone - and each has a female character model.

The Auld Grump

Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#9 Pingo

Pingo

Godlike

• Members
  • 7882 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

My last hope was to seek a 54mm scale female Shaolin monk, or a female golem.

Even something like that terrific earth elemental in the Bones Kickstarter, only ... sort of ... female.

Astonishingly, I had no luck.

Ah well. You may have to kitbash something after all, Zoroaster (assuming I've used that word correctly).

-- Terry Pratchett

-- Leonardo da Vinci

-- Ken Hite's Law

#10 zoroaster100

zoroaster100

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 842 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Thanks for the responses.  It looks like there are no large sized bald females, whether stone giants, monks, golems, etc.  Hopefully Reaper will make one some day so we can have female giants for all the core D&D giant races.

#11 Loim

Loim

Sir Stupidly Special

• Bones Supporter
  • 2924 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Given the popularity of Rise of the Runelords I'm kind of surprised there aren't any female stone giant models out there.

En Taro Tassadar, Executor. - Artanis

In the house of upside down

Cellar's top floor, attic's ground

Laughing cries, and smiles frown

Found is lost, and lost is found

SHAZAM! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users