Here is my first golem for my vampire counts army.

It is a cadaver collector and will be my 'corpse cart'.

I ordered two flesh golems from reaper and four from two other producers. I have 2 grave golems and the pumpkin golem, but not painted, these golems will be the crypt horrors of the vampire counts. I still need the reaper grave horror. Ah, the pumpkin golem is painted, I must look if I made a foto.

If I need more than 8-10 crypt horrors. I will have two groups, one group of golems and one group of werewolves. I think the group of werewolves will increase faster than the golems.

cadavercollector.jpg

This Flesh Golem 'Cadaver Collector' is a conversion of the D&D mini cadaver collector and the corpse pile of the vampire counts corpse cart. I can remove him from the main base if I need him for other games, even I don't know if I have use for him in another game. The base still need little work, it need grass.

• Like 5

For a DDM prepaint the CC has always been one of my favorites. Love what you did with it.

not a really good picture, must check if i can make better pictures, in the backround is an unready werewolf, I'v made a picture already of the completed version, but the pictures are to dark...

krbisgolem1.jpg

krbisgolem2.jpg

• Like 1

If that cadaver collector came at me on a game board, I would just fall over and die and save you the trouble of rolling. Fantastically frightening.

Here is the Scarecrow Flesh Golem.

I could need little help with him. I don't like the color of the pants. It makes the flesh part less visible. I can't find the correct words for it in english...

(The old toothbrush is for removing old paints) :-)

thescarecrowfleshgolem1.jpg

thescarecrowfleshgolem2.jpgthescarecrowfleshgolem3.jpg

• Like 1

I thought of the scarecow golem, that the maker hadn't the time to get skin over his face, so he is wearing this mask. (Still need to repaint his pants, I hope I will do it soon...)

Here are two other results happend, because the vampire count wanted new golems and wanted them fast. Who would argue with him?

First one is the repainted Skinless Golem from Dreamblade. The Golem Maker didn't had time to get fresh skin over his body. Since then, every skin he tried to give him was fast rotting away:

20130120195152.jpg

20130120195204.jpg

For the next one they didn't had even enough body parts, so he stole from the dogs their meal and made the Gutsoup Golem (from Dreamblade):

gutsoupgolem1.jpggutsoupgolem2.jpg

• Like 4

loving the blood and guts!! If you ever get a squeemish opponent you are sooo going to p0wn his/her @55.

Here is one of my flesh golems, which waited a while to be painted, I put quickshade in the morning on them, so they are waiting...
fg1front.jpg

fg1back.jpg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vulture
      My painting time is pretty limited these days, but I still fit it in here and there. I find elementals to be excellent and relaxing subjects for brief speedpainting sessions; their crude natures are very forgiving for the time-constrained.

This guy is a pretty hefty piece of metal & a nice unique sculpt.
    • By BLZeebub
      This guy stands on a GW base but, according the the local aficionados, isn't.  It's in 5 or so pieces, stands around 10cm tall if I recall, and is molded in a very light but not flimsy plastic--I had to hold it a while to make sure it wasn't resin.  Ideas?

• By Crowley
      As I said on my Saproling's topic, I had today off, so...  I decided that in addition to the saprolings, I'd knock out some tabletop quality ghouls. They were already assembled and primed, so the first thing was to paint the undead flesh. I used Vampire Shadow for their sickly skin. It didn't quite match the ghoul I'd painted before, but it was close enough. I sadly didn't always take good notes...

After that I decided that as these were primarily going to be gaming ghouls, and not for a unified force for Kings of War, they'd each get their own clothing color: Red, Green, Blue, Tan, and Dark Brown. I used Rusty Red, Muddy Olive, Rich Indigo, Desert Stone, and Ruddy Flesh. The eyes were all painted with Walnut Brown, as were the spikes sticking out of them. 

Then I washed them all with a mix of 4 parts sepia wash and 1 part black wash. 

A little bit of highlighting with the base clothing color, then it was time to paint the bases black, and then flock them! Oh, and a bit of watered down rusty red around the mouth.

Oh, and aged pewter on the spikes and the cleaver. 

Looking good for such quick work.  
    • By Painting Miniatures
      I plan on posting something a little more friendly looking very shortly. coughwyrmgeardragoncough but in the mean time I painted this for fun and practice!

Also would take some advice on dealing with small details like a face. On this miniature it was nearly impossible to just paint specific details of the face without smooshing the entire face with paint. I'd wanted to give the figure blood red eyes. That didn't work out and I ended up painting over the face in white to start over again.

I do overall like how this miniature turned out. The bones aren't crispy perfect white, the clothes look like a creature that's been walking through mud and dirt for a long time. Didn't know how to paint the base so I went with some of my extra black wash which worked out as it sort of made it look like it was standing on bone.

Tried a new technique on the scythe. I did the base coat as filigree silver, then I did a paint of dragons blood red, then when that dried i went over it again with the black wash to give it this dried blood effect. A technique that is probably standard but one I personally just learned by experimenting!

• By Sanael
      Six skellies, painted quickly during several lunch breaks, with little intent other than to be available for the table.

Given the state of their weapons, it is ironic that I used them to "knock the rust off" a few of my skills.

Color coded for ease of D&D mook-murder. I had a little fun with some traditional heraldic divisions on the shields.

Paints are all Reaper MSP. Blackened Brown played a large role, as did a lovely fleshy-toned sample paint.

... Pictures are quite bad, actually. I may reshoot at home.
  • Who's Online   37 Members, 2 Anonymous, 254 Guests (See full list)