Girot

Wargaming Wounds

49 posts in this topic

Great paladin story that I definitely cannot top. I've just had numerous small scalpel cuts. I think the event that drew the most blood was placing my hand on a unit of 4th edition wh fantasy battle plastic goblin spearmen. Those spears were incredibly pointy

Surprisingly, you guys have me beat pretty handily.

I figure every tool I have and most brushes must draw blood at some time early in their tenure. So far I've been right. I've got a few scars from jewelers saws and stuff, and spilling superglue on my hand is no longer a notable experience. I've glued myself to my desk before, but not as badly as Reaperbryan has.

I did drop a wood-burner on my leg once though. That was unfun.

4 people like this

Surprisingly, you guys have me beat pretty handily.

I figure every tool I have and most brushes must draw blood at some time early in their tenure. So far I've been right. I've got a few scars from jewelers saws and stuff, and spilling superglue on my hand is no longer a notable experience. I've glued myself to my desk before, but not as badly as Reaperbryan has.

I did drop a wood-burner on my leg once though. That was unfun.

i like my frogs fried not burned

3 people like this

Speaking purely out of selfish motives, I prefer neither.

1 person likes this

Why is bryan gluing himself to your desk?

2 people like this

Worst I have ever done was swapping an X-Acto blade out. While tightening the new blade in, my hand slipped and went into my finger. Sharp enough it didn't hurt, which was good. But the 5 stitches they ended up putting in was worse than the injury itself.

1 person likes this

You know you should never cut towards yourself. I know that. But when I was about 17 I was doing it anyway. Sure enough, the blade finally cut through the item I was cutting and continued on through my thumb along side the bone filleting it. I had to call a relative who lived nearby to drive me to the hospital as I couldn't stop the bleeding and drive at the same time. The result was 9 stitches in my thumb, 4 of which had to go through the nail. Awesome scar, but it ruined my dart game.

1 person likes this

through my thumb along side the bone filleting it

ARGGHHH

AAAARGGGHHH

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!

... and then I read the rest.

1 person likes this

In all my years in this hobby, and doing scale models as a kid I have never cut myself or drawn blood with an Xacto knife.

The 8 inch Santoku knife in the kitchen however has drawn more than a Red Cross Blood Drive.

5 people like this

My worst wound was from trying to remove a dummy engine from an estes rocket. The dummy engine is used to set a ring at the proper depth in the tube that the real engine would rest against and keep it from going right through the rocket when it was ignited. The dummy engine had glue on it and got stuck in the fuselage, I was using a curved blade in the x-acto knife to try and remove it when the blade slipped from the engine and I cut a two inch gash across the top of my thigh. It probably should have required a trip to the ER for stitches but my mom is a farm girl so it got a band-aid instead.

3 people like this

through my thumb along side the bone filleting it

ARGGHHH

AAAARGGGHHH

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!

... and then I read the rest.

+1. Sweet Baby Jesus.

Ouch...

Easy with the pictures though. I don't want the thread getting nuked. Here on on please just link pictures.

Was a model horse...not a mini. Sliced my finger almost to the bone with teh exato knife. After that I really under stood all the various phases of...Shock. Of course I just slapped a band aide on it. I don't do hospitals and I don't do stitches. ;p

1 person likes this