Adrift

Bathalian: Bones vs. Metal challenge

Which one is Bones?   282 members have voted

1. 1. There are two figures - one is Metal. One is Bones. Which figure in the pictures is the Bones miniature?

• The one on the Left.
    • The one on the Right.
    • I cannot tell.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

128 posts in this topic

:blink:

Nicely done Adrift! As I had originally thought when you posted the idea of this tread.... There would be no visual ques to determine the difference between a painted BONES and Metal figures. I can't tell the difference.

2 people like this

very hard to tell any significant detail differences at that distance and size of picture.

They are very close

Ièm gonna guess the metal one is the left one..simply because the staff looks straighter and I assume the metal one would be easier to straighten vs the plastic. but thats really more meta thinking than based on any discernible difference

4 people like this

Well unless it's a badly bent metal mini I think the one on the right with the curvy staff is the bones one as that's the kinda curve I've come to expect from plastic with spears and things.

Having said that, I can't see any other difference, they both look good and it makes me much more excited for the BBoB coming soon. Although I've painted a bit of plastic now and once painted, you really can't tell the difference between plastic and metal, anyone that says there's a difference is smoking the peace pipe.

3 people like this

Very nice paintjob on these two figures. Having not seen either in metal or bones other than pictures, I would speculate the the bones is on the left and the metal is on the right. I did not post my reasoning to let others have a fair shot at figuring it out for themselves.... and hey, I have a 75% chance of being wrong! Why 75% and not 50% you dare ask? You should ask Murphy why he treats me so badly on coin flips...

1 person likes this

I'm going to guess that the Bones mini is on the right, only because the sculpt of the bottom of the robe has slightly more rounded edges than that on the left. They basically identical though, which is incredible. Very, very nice paint by the way! Are those the 1' round wooden discs from Michael's btw?

1 person likes this

I think I'll agree with consensus here, but like everyone else, the bendy staff is the only cue I can pick up on.

I would have to vote for the mini on the right being the Bones. Also because of the bend. But otherwise I could not see a significant difference between the two.

If that is the case, I would have tried to curve the metal staff (should have been easy) to match to avoid the tell.

Granted, I would have been an evil SOB and either painted two metal or two Bones just to screw with people. :devil:

5 people like this

I'm saying Bones in on the right as well, the staff is way more curved and I know you would have straightened that out if you could have.

My vote is with the majority and for the same reason. Paint looks similar. Lower right hem looks less detailed on right mini than left, but back ve on right is better than left. All in all a wash. It was just slight changes due to two figs being painted vs the material. Good job!

1 person likes this

I'm vote Bones on the right because of the bent staff, as well, but also because the curve on the bottom of the robe on the left looks less rigid. The guys on the left's robe is stiff and very straight while the guy on the right has a distinct wobble in it.

I would say that the one on the right is the bones.

But I cheated.

2 people like this

I'm going to guess that the right one is the bones miniature as well because of the bend and it's missing a "squiggle" at the top. Fun thing is while both are beautifully painted, I think the right one is the better of the two. Smoother and more distinct.

1 person likes this

Bendy staff aside...There appears to be sharper detail on the left model. The points on the back and the collar. There appears to be damage to the top back of the staff and the left collar on the right model, possibly from cleaning slicey bones. But the thing that made me pick the right model as Bones is the mold line inside the left hand.

That said, other than the damage to the model I mentioned and the bendy staff, both look great and it's really minor stuff that wouldn't matter at all to gamers.