Metalchaos

Bridge of Sorrows

The wings are beautiful! Does the bridge have a support underneath? It looks so heavy. I like how you "dated" the stone! nice!

• Like 1

All these years of seeing that particular piece/artwork & I just noticed the woman under the wyvern. ha ha

Funny how that happens.....

Awesome coloring on the wyvern. Great work!

RM

• Like 2

Very awesome, almost makes me want to take mine out of the box, but then I remember the boneami in a month....

• Like 1

Your 18 years ago destroys my 2 years ago. You've been doing amazing work for such a long time!

• Like 2

Wonderful work. The wings of the wyvern really gives me an idea for a certain flying reptile staring down at me over my desk. Your color choice for the centaur's shield is great as well. Nice blending.

• Like 1

Having done that piece many years ago, I can appreciate just how difficult it is to do correctly. You did an OUTSTANDING job with the Beasty. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So just finished this figure last night.  This is part of a set of four Shadowrun figures that I've been painting recently, the biggest and most time-consuming of the quartet. He didn't have lots of metal, but he's such a big figure the sword and the arm brace kind of are very obvious, so hope they turned out well.  I think they're a little too blue, but that's just the way they turned out.  Anyhoos, enjoy this little Cyclops and his murderous ways!

• By Kangaroorex
      yet another dragon.  this one is an old piece i had most of and decided to go with what i had rather than trying to find the basket.  A fun little piece that I tried to do up as a sky dragon.  My first attempt at a starscape on the back of the wings to give them some interest.  Hope everyone enjoys!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello again!
      another figure from the Hackmaster line just finished yesterday, a female half-elf barbarian.  Not sure who the sculptor is, but enjoyed painting her up, pretty simple figure. I also liked her body type, lithe but muscular, not exaggerated chest features, even though  probably not the best armor with which to go into battle.

anyhows, another fun model to paint up, kind of old schoolish, sculpted around 2003 probably, still in this century, but older then a few of you that read these forums.   I see tons of flaws on this one, but you can go discover those as you see fit!

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening all!
      So here's my last Hackmaster endeavor, another Jim Johnson figure (really enjoying painting his sculpts), an Elf Magic User with a staff throwing a fireball. I think he was sculpted around 2003 like the previous female elf magic user, and the figure it all kinds of fun.  As always I didn't know what colors to use. I ended up making him blonde, after deciding on lilac for my female mage, and then started painting him from the inside out. I grabbed his shirt as a bright yellow, pants orange, and then I started thinking more autumn colors so red inside of his cloak and the cloak itself an earth brown.

Pretty straightforward figure, didn't have lots of dingly Dangley items going on.  Hackmaster figures either have a lot going on or they are simply elegant.  With them as well, they are larger figures, not the classic 25 mm from early Partha, but this is a line that they acquired not too long ago and in itself was sculpted in this century so a bit of size creep will have occurred. You can see the size difference in these and other figures Jim Johnson sculpted for the Partha brand. 

Did a green flame, now I've done a couple magical green flames instead of just normal fire color, and I'm still way too chicken to do OSL.  Maybe someday. In the meantime, hope you enjoy him!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all,
      here is another Hackmaster figure I completed a few nights ago, a Female elf mage, sculpted back in 2003 by Jim Johnson. This is the first time I can recall I've taken an elf and given her an "alternative" hair color, so I hope she looks okay.  This was actually a pretty fun and straightforward figure to paint, not too many hanging, dingly-dangly extras going on.

She's one of the many Hackmaster/Kenzer and Company figures that Iron Wind Metals acquired a while back.  I'm really enjoying painting them up!

Anyhoos, enjoy!

• Who's Online   13 Members, 2 Anonymous, 212 Guests (See full list)