Leopardpixie

LP's Wips

Ive told my self every year, that i am going to need to paint more of the minis that i have sitting around or in drawers. I am trying to stick to my guns and paint as often as i can. Here are the 2 that i was working on over the week end. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Seems that i get a model about 80 % done and i lose interest. Im trying to not let that happen. Lets see how this goes.

post-2477-0-41194900-1360031623_thumb.jpg

post-2477-0-85416800-1360031635_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

80% done is when I really start enjoying the painting the most! :) By then all my obsessing over color choices are mostly over and as I start finishing areas it makes me even more excited for other areas.

Nice job on the sorceress, the dress looks great. The other one is a little hard to see though, its really dark.

Same light, same back ground. Only difference is the black primer coat vs. white.

I'll work on getting another picture up. These were with my cell phone. I need to find the camera cords again. Those things have legs and always disappear on me...

I'll be working more on these tonight hopefully.

Used 2 part apoxie last night on the base of the sorceress, and stuck a few pieces of baked scuplty on. I'm not a fan of broccoli bases but at least you can build around them with some apoxie.

Primed 2 more minis, cursed at the missed mold lines. Worked on getting rid of those and lightly primed again.

Looked at shelf of shame, lamented working on one of many already started and decided to read the forums and make dinner instead.

Oi! im very slow at taking pics on what Im working on. Currently adding 1-3 minis a week to the shelf of shame 80% finished. Started on 2 last night. Photos taken with my phone and Im having a heck of a time up loading them. Will try to finish 4 some time later today. Most of my basing material is missing...... *cries* i need my static grass! (ignore the messy craft table in the background)

30 min later still cant load the other pics. Heres one for now will post agian later. ><

post-2477-0-71653200-1360525136_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leopardpixie
  • Like 7

I have the same problem once I get about 90% finished but instead of just not finishing them I rush the rest. I'm not sure what is worse. Now I do this because I'm tired of working on the same mini for, sometimes, weeks on end but I've found that taking a few days to a week off and working on something else really helps.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with brights. Paint what you like, not what you think will get you more points at CMoN.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha Ive given up on the point system @ CMON. It seems biased to Gw models and space marines for decent scores. Sorry, Im not much of a fan of Scifi so i don't really like painting them. i <3 the fantsy the reaper miniatures has. I forget theres somewhere on the forums on cmon of many people mocking the scoring system and what earns you points.

• Like 1

CMoN is weird in that there's a group of people that sway votes there. A little over a year ago anything from Redbox games got down voted to like a 6 for no other reason outside of probably trolling Tre. I don't post thing there, never will, as I really don't care what random people think of my stuff. With this forum it's different as there's a community.

• Like 1