badocter

02924: Bertok the Anabolic

Yah he is "packin". ha ha

Love the skintones + the red armor goes great as well

(Future consideration.....with the blood on the axe a severed head held by it's hair in his left hand would have been great add on.)

• Like 2

It's the extra abdominal muscles that separate the boys with the 18 strength and the men with the 18/00 strength.

Yeah, skin shading looks good but I really like the gauntlets and the sword scabbard, nice job.

Edited by Spinward Bound
  • Like 3

This guys abs makes it seem entirely realistic that D&D Barbarians get Damage Reduction; that is one thick layer of beef protecting the juicy parts!

Really nice paintjob; he looks awesome!

• Like 1

I vill crush you, girly man! Nicely done on this guy. The colors look great. What did you use for the blood? I really like Tamiya Clear Red. It is glossy and sticky. I'll usually mix it with a bit of black or brown to darken it up just a bit as it dries fairly bright. One minor nitpick--it looks like you had an errant brushstroke on his back from the hair.

• Like 1

I vill crush you, girly man! Nicely done on this guy. The colors look great. What did you use for the blood? I really like Tamiya Clear Red. It is glossy and sticky. I'll usually mix it with a bit of black or brown to darken it up just a bit as it dries fairly bright. One minor nitpick--it looks like you had an errant brushstroke on his back from the hair.

Reaper MSP blood red. I can't remember if that was before or after the black ink wash on the axe. The mini was sealed with Minwax Polycrylic clear gloss, followed by Liquitex Matte Varnish, however I left it glossy on some of the metal bits and the gore.

I don't know what happened with the black mark on the back, because I could have swore the paint was clean before I sealed him, but as soon as the seal dried I saw it...I'll see if I can fix it later.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      I loved painting this. Tre Manor sculpts are some of my favorite minis. I'll probably add some slush to the base.

• By Patrik Strom
      This is a miniature from last year. A NPC barbarian in a game I’m playing in got a two handed sword, which the old miniature used to represent the character of course didn’t have. So it was time for a switch. Overall it went fairly quick to complete the figure and I’m quite happy with the results.

• By Arimaythea
      Hi!  I'm brand new to the hobby and stumbled across the forums, so I thought I'd share my first WIP photos.  I started playing in my first DnD campaign in December and the other players painted their own player character minis, which made me want one of my own (and one for my husband, who also plays in the same campaign.)  I snagged the two LTPKs then started watching all the videos I could find on mini painting.  I have no background in art/painting so it has been refreshing to give it a shot!  However I am also in the rabbit hole now of wanting all the colors, basing supplies, tools.... lol.

The minis in this kit are:
      77018 Skeleton Archer
      77042 Orc Marauder
      77148 Mangu Timur

I pretty much followed the book for how to paint the skeleton archer.  The main differences being that I ordered the kit of Citadel washes after seeing so much praise for them, and I used a few slightly different paint shades (like dragon bronze for the metal bits instead of blade steel.)  I still need to base him (cover that mold line between his feet!) but otherwise I'm pretty happy with him for being my first mini - he could use some weathering and higher contrast, but I sealed him before learning about weathering and the benefits of exaggerated contrast.

My current WIP is the orc.  I still have to do some highlighting passes because I don't think I've got enough contrast in the skin yet.  I need to highlight the metal as well (haven't done that yet.)  I'd like to attempt some weathering on the leather to make it look more worn, and try my hand at rust on the metal bits.  I'm pretty happy with how my attempt at making the shield look wooden turned out (thanks YouTube!)  I also found an oval base I might try to base him on since it fits his wide pose, but he'll be pretty big for using on a standard tabletop grid.

Haven't touched the Mangu Timur model yet!  I also need to get a better setup for photos, I was having trouble getting decent shots of these guys.  

I appreciate your thoughts on my work so far, thank you!  I'm excited to join in.
    • By lazarp
      This is the mini I painted a few months back.

My first try at painting tattoos too :D
      I'm very happy how he turned out, I've used him as a boss in my dnd campaign and people loved him :D

Next to a Mantic Greatax Orc :D

Next to a heavily converted 03197: Thelgar Halfblood :D

• By NyarlaBcn
      Here my project for this past week. A family of barbarians ready for adventure. All the minis are from Hasslefree, and I went with the same scheme for all of them to reinforce the familiarity. 
      Any feedback welcome ^^ here or on instagram, @albertnyarla 

• Who's Online   31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)