CashWiley

60129: Chelaxian Infernal Binder (Ororo)

That trim on the cloak turned out great. I like everything about this mini, it's amazing, and when I pinch the picture to its actual size on my iPad, it's gets more amazing.

Edited by Spinward Bound
  • Like 1

That's an awesome Storm, you should put her in the Feb Challenge Contest thingo. I love her eyes, they really seem to glow and look amazing.

• Like 2

Stop pinching Ororo! She's a respectable woman!

Well, there was the whole Morlocks/mohawk thing, but still.

Thanks for the nice words everyone, it means a lot to me as I struggle to improve. This one is going to be an important mini in my collection, the first time I came really close to executing the vision I had for the model. Foxfire, the RPG contest was the inspiration and reason for painting it :) Thanks RPG!

Not into latex, eh? :devil:

Not personally, however looking at reference from when I have tried to render it on minis suggests that those specular highlights are off.

It's like you have a single light source that is only reflecting on the breasts in those 2 spots... It's hard to describe.

• Like 1

Wow that NMM gold is amazing. You're 2 for 2 and cannot complain anymore when I mention how good you are.

I took what worked on Anduriel and tried to improve on that. It's a work in progress, so to speak. But I agree I'm improving. Still quite a few rough spots and some bad angles. But it mostly works :)

Great rendition! What's the recipe for the skin tone--that's excellent!

Just the dark skin triad taken up just a bit lighter for the highlights by adding some Linen White to the Dark Highlight. It's a pretty subtle effect, next time I'll start a bit darker before working through the triad. I was also torn for highlighting it because African-American skin can have a sheen to it that Caucasian skin doesn't, I decided not to mess with that.

• Like 2

I like this. A lot. Really. Great execution in in realizing your vision for this miniature. I wouldn't (didn't actually) have seen it but it is perfect. The skin and and the NMM are the strongest features, but the everything just ties together so well. Bravo.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/sep/11/len-wein-wolverine-swamp-thing-dies-aged-69-neil-gaiman-x-men

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So my friend has decided to run a Legendary Marvel Deckbuilding Games Organized Play event has his new opened store to help advertise his store and to show off the new X-men expansion for Legendary.  As he is newish to the game itself and to running events, I have been tapped to help come up with the format.  I myself haven't run any Upper Deck Organized Play events, but I have run and played in several other similar other events.  For those who play I would like feedback to see if I missed anything, or if anything is unclear.  I any one local (or semi-local) wants to play, let me know and I can post the information.

The most important thing to my mind was to make sure that the scenarios were balanced but still allow the players to have agency and be able to show off their skill.  As such, I have designed 3 scenarios (Scheme, Mastermind, Villains, and henchmen) and will be allowing the players to draft their own Heroes.  Normally all of these factors are determined randomly, which can result in games that can range from simple to practically impossible.  Since there will be exclusive cards up for grabs, I wanted to make it fair for everyone.  Additionally, as the theme of this Organized Play event is the new X-men expansion, I restricted all choices where possible to the cards provided in that set.  I also eliminated the "Driven Mad by Power- Phoenix" card from play as it will potentially break the game.

Link for the scenario and rules are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z9RIBps8TxOlmgRBKb8L-n3SSVOLbyfhFD9O5eKllD4/edit?usp=sharing

• By robinh
      Below is my spring exchange sent to Fanguard "the god of exchanges" so the pressure was on.  he wanted something,, and I quote

"Maybe something inspired by "Fairy Tail" the anime/manga"

So after doing some research and watching a number of Anime shorts online, I selected one of the main characters to emulate along with  a background character.  Of course I did not choose one of the "good" "guys", instead I went for one of the bad girls!

Using 60129: Chelaxian Infernal Binder as the mini I give you

Minerva Orlando of the Sabertooth guild!

I tried to imitate her power build up magic vortex in her casting hand, which always happens just before she casts a spell.  The colors overall are loosely based on the character including her signature whites scarf.  I , of course, had too add my own signature color (orange) as well.

Then I added the background Palace guard character.  The guards show up in the series in the last episode I watched,,, just cause!
      here is 14407: Crusader Templar Ironspine as the guard in his dress palace colors!

I hope you enjoy and all feedback is appreciated!
    • By Dilvish the Deliverer
      So I'm playing in the Kingmaker PbP run by Vil-hatarn.

My character is an exiled Chelaxian noble (well, he's been disowned so I guess that's former noble), and because I like to rationalize my mini purchases (it's not a disorder damn it!), I am trying to find a figure to paint up to represent him (as characters that have painted minis roll better).

Alexi Dromange  is Shelaxian as I have said but has been training to be a Aldori Swordlord (fighter type).  His main weapon is the Aldori Dueling sword (a curved longsword) and he does wear armor.  He doesn't normally use a shield or a second weapon in his off hand.  He tends to be well dressed.  I havn't decided on facial hair, most likely clean shaven (if bearded a neat goatee or trimmed beard).

I ideas I have had so far:

2144 Eric Swift Blade: Pros Curved sword, clothing could be fancy.  Cons: no armor (but maybe his about town wear?) and I'm not digging the 'do rag.

2186 Alfred Redlute: cut out the lute, curve the sword, could work

3065 Kellen, Nobleman Adventurer: cut out the dagger, paint the armor fancy maybe (Alexi will most likely wear heavier armor but could come close)

3556 Ashlan Fell Thrush: Looks great except for the shield.  Cool guy why do I not have him?  Added to wish list.

60119 Andoran Steel Falcon: Is the shield on his back a separate piece.  If so a weapon swap and he can work.

60127 Hell Knight Captain:  Ohhh, this could be the one.  No conversion needed clean cut (as long as I don't paint stubble).

60148 Sandru Vhiski another useable figure

So what do you guys think?  Anyone I over looked?  I'm fine with other manufacturers as well, I'm just more familiar with Reaper.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 171 Guests (See full list)