Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kay13

Does anyone know where to find male "cheesecake"

51 posts in this topic

The closest I've found in Reaper is this:

http://www.reapermin...on/latest/03086

I've always thought that's a bit taller than a regular person and now you've mentioned i've no idea why as I've never seen him next to another figure.

If you scroll down on that page you can see a picture of the body which is next to a 'ruler'.

He's about 2 inches/5 cm tall.

Wow that mini is cool. Very little adjustment needed to make that one work... Except for the height (and the sword - but thats easy to remove) that mini would be perfect!

Oh, there's the male starting survivor from Kingdom Death who even has the bedsheet he's had to steal to cover himself with, but current availability would rule that one out.

I am getting that one, thanks for reminding me... So I do have something lined up its just going to be a while.

Hehehehehttp://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=kevinicus~hfh041&category=miniatures~fantasy-humans

Edit: this is a sculpt of a naked guy! (Sorry Pingo;)).

Thanks for finding this one... not quite suitable for what I had in mind, but its interesting to know they make them....

Oh, that's Hasslefree. Kev is more equitable than some with the nudity. He does both male and female, although to be honest his nude females are definitely more numerous and more enthusiastically done.

And sometimes the nudity is a bit of a surprise. I ordered a set of demon children, and one little boy hadn't a stitch on. On the site the picture of him was cut off at the waist and a single figure of him available separately had had a little loincloth added.

There is a charmingly beefy and rather terrifying nude Oberon figure there (nudity alert: http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=oberon~hfx015&category=miniatures~fantasy-daemonettes%2Ffaerie ), but not really anything suitable for a high charisma Lothario caught in his drawers, or out of them.

(As a side and irrelevant note: My little sidebar up there says Kay13 "liked" my posts in this thread, but there is no sign of that in the posts themselves. I suspect this has something to do with the forum blinking in and out of existence over the last couple of days.)

2 people like this

By the way, thanks to concern over yesterday's elections in Italy and the recent downgrading of the UK's credit rating, the current exchange rate of dollars to pounds is more favorable to the US than it has been in a long time. At the moment a pound equals only about $1.50.

So if you are in the US and would like to buy some minis from Hasslefree in the UK, right now the exchange rate is pretty good.

At the moment a pound equals only about $1.50.

NNNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

I ink you're supposed to put a nudity advisory on that.

Besides, that's not cheesecake, that's naked guy.

At least it wasn't the Christmas version - complete with little bow, in a fashion that reminded me of the song

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
2 people like this

I tried "male pirate" in the Reaper store, but had no luck.

It doesn't seem fair. While there are pretty and plain female pirates, some sensibly dressed and some pure eye candy, the male pirates haven't got any swashbucklers even, let alone a bishi shirtless hero.

There a quite a few shirtless male pirates, but they're all either going all yarrgh aggression or looking gnarly and unappealing. There are two or three more or less attractive male pirate figures, but they are completely covered ears to toes.

A loosely shirted smiling rake in the tradition of Erroll Flynn or Douglas Fairbanks would be a useful addition to the line.

In fact, I think I'm going to go post this on "minis we'd like to see."

It doesn't seem fair. While there are pretty and plain female pirates, some sensibly dressed and some pure eye candy, the male pirates haven't got any swashbucklers even, let alone a bishi shirtless hero.

There a quite a few shirtless male pirates, but they're all either going all yarrgh aggression or looking gnarly and unappealing. There are two or three more or less attractive male pirate figures, but they are completely covered ears to toes.

A loosely shirted smiling rake in the tradition of Erroll Flynn or Douglas Fairbanks would be a useful addition to the line.

Try "swashbuckler". "Young Male" brings up a few as well. Though not everyone qualifies....

03212_G.jpg

One of my players wants Fabio the Barbarian....

The Auld Grump

Try "swashbuckler". "Young Male" brings up a few as well. Though not everyone qualifies....

03212_G.jpg

One of my players wants Fabio the Barbarian....

The Auld Grump

It's Roger Daltrey!

I dunno what it is, but there is just not a fabulous vibe for most male miniatures.

Edited by Pingo

Hey, it's a catboy. You actually found a catboy!

Aye, he's on my short list of things to buy, once my wallet recovers from kickstarters.