Sign in to follow this  
manyik

SPLIT: Road Trips, TARD EX, & Goats without hockey

Should we start a collection to ship a few (hundred) cases of energy drinks to their warehouse on friday? (Not that shipping will start then, just so they can have them on hand for the mini-pocalypse.) As a person who constantly works any and all shifts at a 24 hour store I can say energy drinks let you accomplish amazing things! Just expect about 3 full days of sleep after crunch-time. ;)

cant agree more. im in management it is so much fun and gots to love some energy drinks

• Like 1

Since it's still February in the civilized world*, Woot!

^_^

* For some value of "civilized" that doesn't include China, Japan, Australia, etc., but does include Oakland, Denton, and Buglipistan (Buglipsistan? Transliterating foreign place names is a fraught subject.).

If you must know, the name of my glorious country is the Free People's Democratic Representative Liberated Non-Denominational Congregational Alliance Grand Republic of Buglipsia.

And it is also still February here. I invite you to examine our official diplomatic notice of Neener Neener.

FPDRLNDCAGRB for short

• Like 1

I'm glad we agree. I was afraid you were using the Big Julian calendar or something.

* True, btw.

Is it bad that the first thing I think of when you say "Big Julian" is Big Julie from Robert Asprin's MYTH series? Anyone else?

Oh no, you're certainly not the only one. Though I was confused for a moment, trying to place where the parody character was from. As soon as you said Asprin I was like OHOFCOURSE.

Well, I'm pretty sure that character was shamelessly lifted from Big Jule in Guys and Dolls, so no:

Big Jule: "I had the spots removed for luck. But I remember where the spots formerly were."

Nathan Detroit: "You are going to roll blank dice and remember where the spots were?"

Big Jule: "Detroit... do you doubt my memory?"

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. The author lifted from a great many places (as you well know). I really should find my collection and read them again. I know I had them all out about this time last year and put them aside and they seem to have hidden themselves.

Edited by klawzie
  • Like 1

I'm glad we agree. I was afraid you were using the Big Julian calendar or something.

* True, btw.

Is it bad that the first thing I think of when you say "Big Julian" is Big Julie from Robert Asprin's MYTH series? Anyone else?

Oh no, you're certainly not the only one. Though I was confused for a moment, trying to place where the parody character was from. As soon as you said Asprin I was like OHOFCOURSE.

>Well, I'm pretty sure that character was shamelessly lifted from Big Jule in Guys and Dolls, so no:

Big Jule: "I had the spots removed for luck. But I remember where the spots formerly were."

Nathan Detroit: "You are going to roll blank dice and remember where the spots were?"

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. The author lifted from a great many places (as you well know). I really should find my collection and read them again. I know I had them all out about this time last year and put them aside and they seem to have hidden themselves.

Yes, I have all of 'em up to 8? 9? I dunno, I missed the last few. I also have several as audiobooks, but I don't care for the narrator.

I'm hoping the land in the mythical sweet spot of late March, just after hockey ends and before it is warm/dry enough out to start mowing our 5 acres of lawn, when I might actually have some free time...

Goats are the answer.

ps. Interestingly, Google estimates that the phrase "Goats are the answer" has been used "About 394,000" times on the internet. :blink:

• Like 1

* True, btw.

W

ell, I'm pretty sure that character was shamelessly lifted from Big Jule in Guys and Dolls, so no:

Lampshaded in Myth INC in Action, when Guido and Nunzio mention having done the play in college.

I'm hoping the land in the mythical sweet spot of late March, just after hockey ends and before it is warm/dry enough out to start mowing our 5 acres of lawn, when I might actually have some free time...

Goats are the answer.

ps. Interestingly, Google estimates that the phrase "Goats are the answer" has been used "About 394,000" times on the internet. :blink:

As I keep telling my wife, "It's my garage, NOT a barn."

I actually raised goats when I was a kid (no pun intended) and showed them in 4-H and such. Long story starting with my testing as allergic to cow's milk....

So NO, NO goats.

I am confused you speak of a time without hockey? When would this torture begin?

Wasn't this recently the case, and I believe that it was called a "strike".

I am confused you speak of a time without hockey? When would this torture begin?

Ah, let me clarify. I'm speaking of the glorious time of the year when my kids don't play hockey.

Not the troubling times, often fraught with talk of "football", when the millions can't decide on how to split up all the money we throw at them...

Goats are only the answer if they are possessed.

Warning: Not for the faint of heart.

Goats are strange.

We had one that spent a summer thinking it was a cow. Got into the cow pasture and just hung with them all summer...

Man did we ever get off topic. :blink:

The Bones must flow, he who controls the Bones controls the universe.

I will enter a bones trance.

Edited by Dadcubed

Goats are only the answer if they are possessed.

Warning: Not for the faint of heart.

That's the funniest thing I've seen all day - I could watch it for ages.

The wife however... she doesn't not enjoy the were-goats.