From Kit:

"Last bit of business. We're having an unprecedented surge in internet orders. Seriously. We're buried. This is a good problem to have, but the gang down in the internet fulfilment station, who pride themselves on a 24-48 hour turnaround on orders, are beside themselves. It's taking us up to 7 days to get some orders turned around, emails answered, phone calls returned, that sort of thing. Please bear with us! We've got some new processes working and we're getting caught up as fast as we can."

I find this great for Reaper, but I'm STUNNED. There is almost no faster turnaround time than from Reaper. I was just getting ready for a Boneyard order with lots of bits too.

Is anyone else in panic mode thinking Bones will take over and metal will go the way of extinction? Is another asteroid coming I don't know about? What's happening?!?!?

• Like 2

I'm confused, why is that an even remotely reasonable conclusion? They've been getting more orders because Bones are cheaper, and therefore result in more product being moved than usual. Metal isn't going anywhere for a good long while.

Nope, not worried about metal going away at all. While I'm sure Bones production will continue to grow its still far cheaper to make the initial release in metal and gauge public reaction before making the financial commitment required for Bones production.Big miniatures will, almost certainly, go immediately to Bones production and may never be available in metal.

I highly recommend rejoicement over fear as a chosen reaction to this news:

We sacrifice a few months of convience for hoards of new goodies to spend our money on. This also encourages us to get off our computers and go buy locally, which supports both Reaper AND our FLGSs. Hell, I'd buy my bones strictly local if the only store in town that sells them could keep them in stock for more than two days at a time.

Personally I could care less about the minor increase in wait time so long as customer service and relations remain at their current standard.

ETA: metal isn't going anywhere, especially after the disasterous results of all of their major competitors trying it.

Nope, not worried about metal going away at all. While I'm sure Bones production will continue to grow its still far cheaper to make the initial release in metal and gauge public reaction before making the financial commitment required for Bones production.Big miniatures will, almost certainly, go immediately to Bones production and may never be available in metal.

I am very okay with this. I have a Nid army that is primary metal and it is not fun dragging that army transport around.

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 1

Is another asteroid coming I don't know about?

Yes, but don't worry; it's made of a proprietary vinyl-plastic instead of iron and rock. It's much lighter and doesn't even need to be primed. ::D:

• Like 1

Could be a lot of people are cleaning out their stock of P-65, which is going away.

Could also be people getting ready for their Bones as well, getting paint (not everyone went in for the paint kits, and there may be shades they want that weren't included), could be getting practice minis, could be a lot of things.

I put an order in on the weekend.

Some metal, some Bones; just stuff my wife and I wanted - no particular rush. It does include a great worm for the Reapercon meet & greet.

Ok, another great worm.

• Like 1

I regret not getting the paint sets now. One of these days when I have a giant pile of money that needs spending I'll just order one of everything that's available. then I'll need a paint rack. who makes that MDF/acrylic paint rack thingy again?

I put an order in on the weekend.

Some metal, some Bones; just stuff my wife and I wanted - no particular rush. It does include a great worm for the Reapercon meet & greet.

Ok, another great worm.

I'll pick up what I want/need while I'm there as far as minis. I've got some metal to trade in and will buy bones in-house.

• Like 1

We wanted to have the worms ready when we got there. I already have one but when my wife learned of the meet & greet she got all puppy-eyed and said she wanted one too. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I'm confused, why is that an even remotely reasonable conclusion? They've been getting more orders because Bones are cheaper, and therefore result in more product being moved than usual. Metal isn't going anywhere for a good long while.

It's only confusing if you take the post seriously, when it's tongue in cheek.

I'm glad the asteroid is in Bones and doesn't need primer!! Ha!!!

It's only confusing if you take the post seriously, when it's tongue in cheek.

I'm glad the asteroid is in Bones and doesn't need primer!! Ha!!!

Ah, yes, I imagine it would be. Sorry, thought you were genuinely concerned by the update. Carry on! :upside:

It's all good. I'm just pondering the giant increase in sales. New customers, or old? I wonder if the Bones kickstarter got many more people into the hobby and they are discovering miniatures and Reaper? It seems like terribly good news to me!!

This also encourages us to get off our computers and go buy locally, which supports both Reaper AND our FLGSs.

I'm not driving over two hours to buy a couple minis.

Jack, the P65 orders are all gone by now.

I'm waiting for my RPG march challenge stuff, I also nabbed a couple extra minis for a possibly diorama (shock!).

• Like 1

I regret not getting the paint sets now. One of these days when I have a giant pile of money that needs spending I'll just order one of everything that's available. then I'll need a paint rack. who makes that MDF/acrylic paint rack thingy again?

Back-to-base-ix makes one. I'll be posting a full review in a week or so when I've had time to break mine in. Short version: customer service good so far. Avoid the modules with drawers.
  • Like 2

Back-to-base-ix makes one. I'll be posting a full review in a week or so when I've had time to break mine in. Short version: customer service good so far. Avoid the modules with drawers.

http://www.back2base-ix.com/

w007! they have some interesting stuff!