How (if at all) does this impact your contract casting?

AFAIK, it doesn't.

That's an awesome problem to have! Instead of a seasonal downturn, things just kept humming. Very cool. I do hope you get some sort of a lull after Bones fulfilment is complete. Going three months without sleep is unhealthy.

• Like 1

Hmm. My want list from the last few months of Reaper new releases is already up to around a dozen mini's. I think I'll wait till after the Bones ship to place my order.

We don't want the Reaper folks to grow idle after Bones and ReaperCon now do we.

:;):

• Like 2

That's an awesome problem to have! Instead of a seasonal downturn, things just kept humming. Very cool. I do hope you get some sort of a lull after Bones fulfilment is complete. Going three months without sleep is unhealthy.

Three months? You're being generous. I haven't had proper sleep since August! :poke:

• Like 4

I know that in my case, I ordered some Bones because I realised I'd be one of the last people to get their Kickstarter sets, and I wanted to try a few things first. That, and I'm really not very patient when it comes to new toys.

I really should have ordered some paints as well >.>

I wonder how many of the people ordering outside of the normal seasonal pattern were bought in by the Kickstarter? In fact, would the Kickstarter have been worth it purely from a promotional point of view? Certainly, without it I'd have not gotten back into the hobby yet...

We'll never really know where they're from, unless we run a survey somewhere on the site, probably in the checkout process.

But I freaking hate surveys.

So I'm going to have to go with increased visibility after the Kickstarter. That's not an unreasonable assumption.

• Like 1

Can only speak for myself, but it started with the Kickstarter.

Friend was buying in, and we use mini's frequently (though usually the DnD mini pre-painted types). Had bought a single mini from reaper a few years ago to match a pc I was running, but beyond reading a bit about assembly and painting, I never got anywhere with it.

Enter the kickstarter, and all the cool figs coming with that, ended up having my friend add a couple of paint sets and a selection of extra figs for me. I had figured that would be it until March, but as time went on I started to get a few things here and their - brushes, paints, mini's. Several Reaper and miniwargaming orders later, I'm painting mini's and looking forward to my kickstarter stuff to add to it and regretting I wasn't into it enough at the time to take the full kickstarter plunge :)

In the meantime I've been buying metal and bones to try beyond the supplies I've been picking up.

• Like 2

Kickstarter did it for me as well, a couple orders now and I probably never would have found the online store otherwise.

I've been a Reaper customer since 2003, but over the course of a decade I never hit tripple digits as far as my collection of their minis. After getting involved with the KS I'm well on my way to four digits. My painting also got better.

• Like 1

The Kickstarter definitely rekindled my painting desires and has caused me to purchase a lot of new minis. Yay advertising!

The KS kickstarted my passion for the hobby again after nearly 20 years. I also (befor this post) ordered off reaper for some pre bones painting.

Sooo thanks reaper!? (I think)

• Like 2