Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alberonn

Tengu / Kenku mini - anyone have any beyond the WOTC ones?

10 posts in this topic

I have a couple of Kenku from the WOTC line, but would love something a little different from these. Any suggestions (preferably with pix) would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Alberonn

Ral Partha made Kenku for the TSR line, but that means eBay and possibly a lot more than you're looking to spend.

Helldorado had a kenku assassin type that I dug the look of. Unfortunately, I can't get a pic up due to being at work. Sigh.

Darksword makes a "hawkman" that is pretty cool. I bought one to use as a possible Tengu miniature, but I don't have any pictures yet. The product number is DSM-1307.

There is a company that is making Japanese-inspired figures that has a bird-person in their line. For the life of me I can't recall the company...(& I put a link to them on here a few months back!!!)

RM

Impact Miniatures had a tengu in their recent Chibi Adventurers Kickstarter (should be in their store in a month or so)

I struggled with finding a good mini and settled on this one, it's 32mm and on that base it's a hair taller than the rest of the mini's we use but isn't too far out of scale.

at this point I don't remember what website I got it from but it shouldn't be too hard to find, the book wasn't part of the mini btw.
http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/46303-enigma-miniatures-lox-jarg-wings-of-dishonor/

This fella, "Jakaw Razorbeak", showed up in a box of Paizo Pathfinder "Skull & Shackles" randomized prepaints I added to an Amazon order in order to get free shipping.

For prepaints they are pretty nice, but I hate the randomized part.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mutilatedlips
      My samurai Tengu Warrior. I could not figure out what was sculpted on his shoulder armor. My wife and I looked under a magnifying glass and decided "Cartoon Troll With Big Nose" and " Exploding Chicken Head On Fire"
      They are both different looking and neither is pictured in Reapers stock photos. Tough paint, because I could not find any painted examples online for reference.
      The static grass I ordered really helped break up all those browns.

• By Mutilatedlips
      I was really surprised with this model. A friend picked it out and I painted it for him,  I don't think I would have looked twice at this model otherwise.
      I searched, used some google fu, but I could not find a single painted version of it to use as some kind of reference (which sort of worried me because sometimes I can't figure out what something is on a model.

I love the staff with the face carved at the top (or maybe it was real, cut off and mounted on top? looked like part of the wood to me, but somebody could easily painted it that way) I never even noticed just skimming through Reapers model pages.
      I was unsure about the stance he is taking, but once it is painted, I thought it was really cool and looks like he is casting something wicked.
      The color combinations: personally I feel like I took a lot of chances, a couple of different color wash experiments, along with the blue/purple highlights and the cosmic stars in his cloak. Never did any of that before.
      I had a hard time with the base, but I tried to keep it in the fall theme as the other Tengu I painted only this one I made a little muddy and a little more leafy.

• By Mutilatedlips
      A friend requested this one, hope he likes it. I didn't realize the model had "rogue" in it's title until I went to post tonight. I get creative control which is the best part though.

I should have started painting on models like this one. A lot of fun, not overly complicated with details or crazy flowing garments. Just an elegant sculpt.

Hope you enjoy :)

• By slowbro
      I painted this kenku today. I would have liked playing with other colors for the beak and feathers, but my players will be meeting their first wereraven in Curse of Strahd next week so I went with boring black on black. I was picking between this model and the owl bear from reaper bones. The owl bear has that fierce lycan look, but it was more expensive so the kenku won out. This is actually my first non-bones miniature to paint which added to my decision process. I used a grey brush on primer for it because I've been having problems with the humidity and the spray primer I usually use. This is my first time flocking a base as well. It turned out ok, but I'm sure there is a much better way to go about it. I'm going to clean the flocking up a bit once it completely dries. I was considering using a brush on sealer on it. My tests on the flocking show that the sealer completely ruins the snow look and makes it just look like slush so I'll probably just leave it be.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)