Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Pezler the Polychromatic
Alright, boys and girls! Due to some acquisitions during Christmas, I've come into possession of some older figures. While I could probably slog through all the internets to figure out what they are, I believe it to be far faster to harness your collective smartiness to ID them: Here are the figures in question:
What we have here is a 1979 Ral Partha, one unknown, and one 1984 Grenadier. I have absolute faith that the lot of you will be able to identify them. Feel free to ask questions about them if it'll help you. Time starts....*clicks stopwatch*....Now.
Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs
Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.
After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.
I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
Haven’t painted in a few months but here is my 3rd attempt at any mini’s. This is the Yeti from the D&D Icewind Dale collectors series. I started with a grey primer, then white base coat. Washed it with nuln oil then dry brushed a light blue and white over the whole thing. I need to add horn detail still and base detail. Any tips on painting realistic horns would be greatly appreciated as well as any other feedback! Sorry, in advance for poor lighting/picture quality.
Here's my rendition of the tengu warrior (or samurai) that I sculpted for Reaper.
You can see my very short WIP (final adjustments, really), here: link to WIP thread.
He is a much flashier dresser than his "brother", the tengu rogue, but I still used a mostly cool-color palette to go with the green-purple sheen on his head feathers.
In case you were wondering what's on his shoulders...
They're different kinds of tengu!
I found this image in the entry for "sode" (shoulder armor) in George C. Stone’s A Glossary of the Construction, Decoration and Use of Arms and Armor in All Countries and All Times (1934) ... "Iron plates embossed with tengu heads". I changed the shapes a bit.
I've sculpted 3 tengu figures for Reaper -- a rogue, samurai (warrior), and wizard -- but until recently I had painted only the tengu rogue, and that was 2 years ago (July 2015).
I had an idea to paint the warrior and enter both the rogue and warrior as a combined entry into the Open category of the painting contest at ReaperCon. They would have been "Tengu Twins", because the samurai uses the exact same head and feet as the rogue, but with a new body.
I started painting him on the Thursday of the con, but managed to finish only the head and set him onto a base. On Friday, I GM'd a game of Pathfinder Society and taught a class in the afternoon, and had only an hour to paint in between. I blocked in some jade green on the armor, and purple-brown for the cloth -- dark colors like I had used on the rogue -- but they weren't working well.
So I set the warrior aside and put the rogue into the contest by himself.
One night in the hotel after ReaperCon, I watched 3 episodes of the blade-forging reality show "Forged in Fire".
In one episode, the smiths had to put a hamon (wavy line) on the knife they were forging, so I knew should add a hamon to the tengu's sword.
Back at home, I was walking around my neighborhood when I noticed the tiles on a nearby apartment building, in ultramarine blue and turquoise. Inspiration for the armor!
I painted for several hours last Sunday and Monday and was nearly finished but wasn't sure of the last few moves: freehand on the cloth, and maybe some color shifts.
I paused and took photos:
And I sketched over it in Photoshop:
So I went back to the painting table for a couple of hours....
Who's Online 19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)