• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dks
      Here is my painted rendition of the tengu wizard -- the last of the 3 tengu figures that I sculpted for Reaper.
      (The other 2 figures are the rogue(ninja) and the warrior(samurai).  Click those links for my Show-Off threads.)
      My idea when I designed the figure was "Since crows like to collect shiny stuff, maybe a tengu wizard can work magic using shiny stuff."  Hence, the preponderance of jewelry -- rings, a bracelet, an anklet, and a big octagonal pectoral.  I sculpted the clothing smooth and simple so the painter could add freehand and shininess.
      Someone here on the Reaper Forum (sorry, I forget who) suggested that male and female tengus probably look the same to a casual viewer ... so although I hadn't thought of the wizard as female before, now she is!
      The colors of this zany old bird's feathers and eyes are not as bright as those of the other 2.  Her left eye is clouded over.

And here's a group shot:

I have a few more photos to share, but I won't make you click through to a separate WIP thread.

Before I started painting the figure, I didn't know what colors I would use, whether to harmonize with the cool colors of the other two tengus, or use more contrasting colors
      After applying a coat of black brush-on primer, I painted a careful monochrome value study, using Brown Liner as "black", plus the Shadowed Stone - Stone Grey - Weathered Stone triad.
      I spent about 3 hours on it.
      I forgot to photograph the result, but it was something like this.  (This is a full-color work-in-progress photo that I converted to grayscale electronically.)

To get inspiration for the colors, I looked through a few Spectrum art collections on my bookshelf, and chose a painting that was mostly rosy purple and salmon-pink, with some accents of blue, green, and red.
      After about 5 hours of painting colors over the grayscale study, this is how the figure looked (with a blue paper background instead of the gray that I used in the photos at the top of this post):

I paused here so I could do some electronic "painting" for the freehand, and see whether the pants would look better green.

Then I spent about 4 hours painting the freehand, glazing, texturing, and touchups. 
      One more hour to make the base, and an hour to paint it.

Enjoy!
      Derek

• By wickedshifty
      First Post! Hard to see in the pictures but his eyes and beak are done in a shiny varnish. 

Im pretty proud of him and might base him at some point. 

Any Critique is welcome! 

• By Lovejoy
      Edit - project is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/oathsworn/heroines-in-sensible-shoes-3-miniatures-for-rpgs

Starting on Monday, for probably 14 days, Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3 - Not every heroine is human.
      Teaser pic, as there's only five minis sculpted so far! I'll be sculpting at least 7 more throughout the project, taking input and suggestions from the backers...
      So far, there's a firbolg druid, tabaxi and kenku rogues, a minotaur barbarian, and a hobgoblin eldritch knight.

After consulting with our previous backers, the the most popular suggestions are - another tabaxi, probably either a monk or wizard; a tiefling wizard, and a tiefling paladin or cleric; another kenku (probably a magic user of some sort); a dragonborn paladin; a tortle (no ideas on class or equipment yet!); and finally a human barbarian, heavy, powerful build, but not lean.

I'm open to suggestions though, so if you have any, please let me know!
      cheers
      Michael

• By Lidless Eye
      My most recently complete project is the lovely ladies of Oathsworn Miniature's "Heroines in Sensible Shoes 3" Kickstarter.

As always, they are a joy to paint.  They have nice, bold details but without being overwrought.  They definitely look like a bunch of starting adventurers!  The theme this time was more exotic races, notably a bunch from "Volo's Guide to Monsters"

The ladies ascend the mountain:

The Kitsune.  She could be a lightly armored Fighter, a Rogue, or a Ranger.

The Kenku (or Tengu) Shaman.  Or Wizard.  Or Sorcerer.  Or whatever.  She's got a bone to pick with you!

The Kenku or Tengu Rogue.  I went with oranges for them to continue my previous work on the Bones Tengu...which were also dressed in orange to match the official D&D pre-paints.

The Dragonborn, could be a Fighter or Paladin.  The decision to make her red was regrettable...with that pointy face and dreads, I kept thinking of Ugandan Warrior Knuckles.  Stupid memes getting in the way!

Tabaxi or Catfolk.  I tried to go with more of a Ranger color scheme than the intended Rogue.

The other Tabaxi/Catfolk from the set.  I liked the intent of this sculpt...she could be a spellcaster, a Monk, or a Bard!

The Halfling Knight.  

Her mount was painted after my own painting gremlin, Hershey.  He would be much smaller to scale, though.

The Tiefling Paladin.  I really like the pose of this one, though I questioned the hooves, as 4E and 5E Tieflings of this design have human feet.  I may wind up greenstuffing her into boots at some point.

The Firbolg Druid.  As far as I know, this is the only miniature of a 5E style Firbolg.

The Minotaur Swashbuckler.  I bet you were expecting a cow joke here.

The terrain:

• Who's Online   23 Members, 6 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)