Thank you so much! I painted them about a month ago stripped them and then painted them again. I was so happy at first, but as I worked on other figures I started to become very unhappy with them. The hound went from a craft store orange spice color to reaper ice blue. I shunned the fancy paints at first, but they seem to really make a difference and are easier to use.

I am working on dioramas for other figures I finished before these that I hope to post soon. I also practiced on a ton of plastic minis from board games.

Very nicely done for a guy who was petrified.

You do know your wizard's staff got bent in packaging and isn't supposed to be that twisted, right?

• Like 1

You do know your wizard's staff got bent in packaging and isn't supposed to be that twisted, right?

Aw, it looks cool anyway.

That's a very nice start, ML. People do get weird about eyes. I have wondered for a while if miniature eyes could work just solid black or brown, and it looks like yours do.

Welcome and happy painting.

• Like 1

Aw, it looks cool anyway.

That's a very nice start, ML. People do get weird about eyes. I have wondered for a while if miniature eyes could work just solid black or brown, and it looks like yours do.

Welcome and happy painting.

I worked on unbending that sword for a long time.

I didn't know his staff was bent too! lol. Well, a gnarled stick is a gnarled stick :)

but thanks both of you.

• Like 1

I believe this is the second mini of yours I've seen posted here now. You've obviously a skill, looking forward to watching it develop. ::):

About the eyes. One thing that I've noticed over my years in the hobby is that certain painting techniques fall in and out of favour and then back in again. My point is for you to paint the mini in the style and to the standard that suits you. If you do want to try something new or different this is a great community to ask questions in.

• Like 3

Like the knight I commented on earlier, very smooth painting. You are doing well at the beginning and that is something to be proud of, since a lot of us could not say our first jump into this newer era of miniature painting went as well. Keep up the good work. As for the eyes it is personal preference, especially if you are painting up gaming pieces. I would say if you are planning on contest painting then you might want to work on the eyes in more detail.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now