Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

... And Justice Was All He Had To Give

Well since no one else is asking - how the heck did you make that log??! It looks great!

I love the colour scheme you choose for this. The blue and brass really compliment each other.

• Like 1

Excellent work. Nice smooth trim on the clothing and the basing is very nice. The armor really has a very realistic look to it as well. One Question though; did you leave black base unpainted?

• Like 1

I'm a person who loves basing almost as much as painting the miniature, and you nailed this warrior and also the base. Great job! I think what really stands out to me is what a great job you did with the gold metals, a bold choice that you executed really well.

• Like 1

What did you use for the ground/dirt on your base? It seems to have a more varied texture than any of the stuff I have.

Well since no one else is asking - how the heck did you make that log??! It looks great!

I love the colour scheme you choose for this. The blue and brass really compliment each other.

I found a good size stick in the backyard and used a Dremel in the most safe way possible, by holding the stick in my hand while boring a hole through it. I drilled on both sides until they met and then drilled a hole in the top. Then I painted the log with some browns and greens.

Excellent work. Nice smooth trim on the clothing and the basing is very nice. The armor really has a very realistic look to it as well. One Question though; did you leave black base unpainted?

Thank you very much :) Yes, I left the black base unpainted. Do people normally paint them? They were Malifaeux? bases 50mm.

I'm a person who loves basing almost as much as painting the miniature, and you nailed this warrior and also the base. Great job! I think what really stands out to me is what a great job you did with the gold metals, a bold choice that you executed really well.

That is funny, I was telling my friend the other day that I actually like the basing part more than painting. I gotta paint just to get to the fun basing stuff! Thanks for the compliment. Bold is good.

What did you use for the ground/dirt on your base? It seems to have a more varied texture than any of the stuff I have.

Medium gravel I think, it was from Michaels in a little bag. It may have been woodland scenics, but it was very close to the Galeforce 9 medium basing grit I saw in a hobby store.

Thank you everybody. I don't have any friends who do this stuff. It is nice to know I am on the right track and others have fun looking at some of what I have worked hard to make! :)

• Like 1

Great base! The highlights on his tabard are very well done too.
Did you add a wash over the golden armor? It look very realistic.

• Like 1

Looks great, I really dig the black legionnaires. Hope some come out in Bones at some point.

That log on the base is seriously nice, though. Can't wait to see what else you do with bases!

• Like 1