Thes Hunter

02955: Krokuta, Gnoll Cleric

15 posts in this topic

So in preparation for my Bones kickstater order to come in, I have been painting a lot, and I mean A LOT this past year. Here is one I think turned out well.

post-4341-0-80471500-1363796003_thumb.jpg

post-4341-0-91411700-1363796051_thumb.jpg

post-4341-0-30369800-1363796083_thumb.jpg

post-4341-0-75649100-1363796099_thumb.jpg

post-4341-0-59335700-1363796018_thumb.jpg

(And please don't tell me I need to base my figs, I know I do, I just haven't decided what I want to do for figs I plan on using just for D&D enemies.)

I'm going for decently quick minis that look impressive as enemies our player characters can fight. So no golden demon here, but I think she turned out well. :blush:

I'll be posting a few more and maybe even create an album somewhere so I can show off more and not spam the forums here. Since I got some considerable butt in the chair time in since the Kickstarter, and have more finished minis than I ever dreamed I would have. ::D:

19 people like this

only 'complaint' if you want to call it such, is that the bedroll seems too close to the fur colour, and kinda blends in a bit. Otherwise a superb looking Gnoll

Great work! Glad to see someone else preparing for the Bones onslaught... although you're probably way ahead of me hehe.

Splendid. I would not want to get woofslapped by that flail.

I have a gnoll all primed and ready to go at the moment, It is going to be tough to paint because I like yours a lot.

@Shadowraven, it's not a complaint, I have thought that as well. It got painted dark brown because when I did my planning for the mini I thought it was a log of wood. Why did she have a log of wood strapped to her back? I didn't know, I thought maybe she wanted to be able to start a fire at a moments notice. Maybe she's all like "Maybe you didn't start the fire, but I did!"

It wasn't until I started highlighting that I realized that it was a bedroll and I could have punched the color a bit. But since I have promised myself to not paint and repaint, and paint again my minis (because that is where insanity and the shelf of shame/unfinished minis lay) I left it as is. She's a gnoll preistess, maybe she has taken a vow of poverty or something and only has a coarse brown blanket to sleep on. I don't know, I don't judge. :;):

@Atramagus - It's not the number painted, it's not even the percentage, it is the fact that one more mini is ready for whenever it may be needed in any upcoming games. There is one more potential mini to bring color and excitement to the gaming table. It's not about winning, or whoever has the most done, it's about getting 1 more done. :blush:

@Monkeysloth - Thank you!

@JoshuaSlater - I don't know if I want to know what woofslapped is... whether it's by that flail or not. :lol:

@Mutilatedlips - Totally rip me off then! Picasso said thief was the highest form of flattery! And I am sure whatever you do it'll look great! I wanna see it, so paint her (or him) up!

Gnolls didn't start the fire, the dungeons been burnin since the...ah, never mind.

I thought the reddish tone set it off nicely, I've used that same tint to set off a case on the back of Anduriel.

1 person likes this

Nice work. I especially like the detail in the face.

Thank you Cashwiley, I am glad someone got my reference, and I wasn't being too obscure and unfunny. :poke:

Spinward Bound and Bikerdrew, I like one side of her face more than the other. I went in a little too hot when I went back in the re-establish the midtone after shading, and she looked a bit off. Also I feel like her face is a good demonstration on how I need to push my highlights a bit more sometimes. But I am glad to hear I'm being overly critical of my work. :lol:

But I am glad to hear I'm being overly critical of my work. :lol:

Join the club!

Wow - the details you've accentuated in the face are amazing. Excellent work!

My only quibble is the color choice for the paw on the shield. The yellow seems a bit out of place.

Nevertheless, I really love this paint job!

I really need to up my gnoll collection . That model is fairly sick . I must put that on my list . Along with a million other things . Really she turned out nice .