Darkstonelich

30 New Bones for KS Bones?

And bones now has a good range of 'generic' heroes. I'll paint them up for the games I run at cons. I've always just used paper maps and tokens before now, but Bones is a game-changer! Soooo excited!

Well, you have replaced the tokens with Bones, now what can we do to help you replace the paper maps with Castlemolds (aka Hirst Arts) builds? I know several folks who enjoy the building process and get rid of their extras relatively cheap!

• Like 1

No firm numbers have been quoted that I recall, but molds for metal casting cost around $100 to make a mold (made out of silicon rubber, usually). A plastic injection mold (made out of steel) costs around $15,000 (for a cheap one).

-DD

I'm not sure how to find his quote but I'm sure that Bryan said that the Bones molds cost between $18,000 and $44,000 (I may have those number slightly wrong but that was the ball park). Note though, that you can get more than one of the standard sized minis per mold, typically 4 or 5, and some of the big minis like the dragons might have 2 molds.

Yes, but the latex molds also cast multiple metal models, if I recall right.

And bones now has a good range of 'generic' heroes. I'll paint them up for the games I run at cons. I've always just used paper maps and tokens before now, but Bones is a game-changer! Soooo excited!

Well, you have replaced the tokens with Bones, now what can we do to help you replace the paper maps with Castlemolds (aka Hirst Arts) builds? I know several folks who enjoy the building process and get rid of their extras relatively cheap!

I'm backing the Dwarven Forge KS for now. Those things seem as hard to hurt as Bones! I'm not sure cast plaster would survive in my luggage.