ahayford

Completed
Mercs Miniatures Launch Myth Fantasy Game

309 posts in this topic

I don't usually go for the animated look, but these look interesting, especially the blindfolded guy with the hammer.

Not really appealing to me, but I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

*original comment intended for the Ninja Cannon*

I have to admit I actually kinda like what I'm seeing here. Unfortunately I came to the realiziation that I have more minis stockpiled than I could ever hope to paint in a single lifetime. This will have to be a pass.

Edited by Girot
2 people like this

If money was no object, I'd be totally in for this. As it is, I'll watch it and maybe put a couple dollars into lottery tickets this weekend.

They posted up a new video that hints to many of the things to come as well as talking about various aspects of the current game.

It sounds like they have big plans for Myth.

The big draw for me is that it is co-op. I have been waiting for something like this for a while! ::):

Looks like I could even use some of my Bones minis as stand in monsters for when the Darkness begins to overwhelm the Heros.

The skelly minions are now in the game! Some very cool looking skeletons. I think this game has a lot of things going for it as a co-op adventure game.

I like the co-op factor for sure. I may have sounded a bit flippant in my previous post, but money really is the only reason I'm not in on this KS already. I really like what they are doing.

I too like the look of this but it really is the wrong time of year for me, need to be saving for Comic-Con in London.

This is actually chugging along nicely. If they make some more stretch goals this will be a pretty decent package. I'm still trying to resist the co-opiness of it... I may not make it.

Hadn't checked this out until now, but it has a really neat aesthetic, reminds me a lot of Dungeons of Dredmore.

They've changed up the rewards a bit.

Update here...

It looks like they might be trying to sweeting the $150 deal over the $100 pledge by adding some more minis to the pledge level.

I wish it were a touch less cartoony. The game looks fun, I've been trying to do a deck builder-dungeon crawl hybrid for a while, looks like a lot of us have the same ideas. I will probably kick it, but I think I'm gonna wait just a bit so I can justify it better to the wife (more stretch goals is what I'm waiting for, I guess).

Not sure if I'll go in for this, but I actually rather like the look of this with the exception of the arachnids (they're not badly done, just not my thing). I kinda wish they hadn't revealed so many stretch goals so early though. I enjoy revisiting the project through a campaign to see what else has been revealed, but they revealed so much at the start that there hasn't been too much.

New videos uploaded showing off the game in action. It's the first two parts to a six part series, but it should give a better idea on how it will play out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/posts/450756

They've also just started talking about a new class they're working on to add to the game, the Skald (name isn't final, but that's what they were leaning towards the last time I checked). Not much detail has been discussed, but I think a video overview for him was mentioned to be coming soon.