ahayford

Completed
Mercs Miniatures Launch Myth Fantasy Game

309 posts in this topic

I don't usually go for the animated look, but these look interesting, especially the blindfolded guy with the hammer.

Not really appealing to me, but I'll keep an eye on it anyway.

*original comment intended for the Ninja Cannon*

I have to admit I actually kinda like what I'm seeing here. Unfortunately I came to the realiziation that I have more minis stockpiled than I could ever hope to paint in a single lifetime. This will have to be a pass.

Edited by Girot
2 people like this

If money was no object, I'd be totally in for this. As it is, I'll watch it and maybe put a couple dollars into lottery tickets this weekend.

They posted up a new video that hints to many of the things to come as well as talking about various aspects of the current game.

It sounds like they have big plans for Myth.

The big draw for me is that it is co-op. I have been waiting for something like this for a while! ::):

Looks like I could even use some of my Bones minis as stand in monsters for when the Darkness begins to overwhelm the Heros.

The skelly minions are now in the game! Some very cool looking skeletons. I think this game has a lot of things going for it as a co-op adventure game.

I like the co-op factor for sure. I may have sounded a bit flippant in my previous post, but money really is the only reason I'm not in on this KS already. I really like what they are doing.

I too like the look of this but it really is the wrong time of year for me, need to be saving for Comic-Con in London.

This is actually chugging along nicely. If they make some more stretch goals this will be a pretty decent package. I'm still trying to resist the co-opiness of it... I may not make it.

Hadn't checked this out until now, but it has a really neat aesthetic, reminds me a lot of Dungeons of Dredmore.

They've changed up the rewards a bit.

Update here...

It looks like they might be trying to sweeting the $150 deal over the $100 pledge by adding some more minis to the pledge level.

I wish it were a touch less cartoony. The game looks fun, I've been trying to do a deck builder-dungeon crawl hybrid for a while, looks like a lot of us have the same ideas. I will probably kick it, but I think I'm gonna wait just a bit so I can justify it better to the wife (more stretch goals is what I'm waiting for, I guess).

Not sure if I'll go in for this, but I actually rather like the look of this with the exception of the arachnids (they're not badly done, just not my thing). I kinda wish they hadn't revealed so many stretch goals so early though. I enjoy revisiting the project through a campaign to see what else has been revealed, but they revealed so much at the start that there hasn't been too much.

New videos uploaded showing off the game in action. It's the first two parts to a six part series, but it should give a better idea on how it will play out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/posts/450756

They've also just started talking about a new class they're working on to add to the game, the Skald (name isn't final, but that's what they were leaning towards the last time I checked). Not much detail has been discussed, but I think a video overview for him was mentioned to be coming soon.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Reaperbryan
      It's not a Games project, but I'm backing it so I'm spreading the signal.

It's an anthology about Time Travel stories.

This is also not the Author's first project, although I am unfamiliar with her writing. Over 20 authors are involved in this, but I'm not familiar with any of them either.

Still, I'm excited enough to give it a shot.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kgrey/singular-irregularity
    • By ForgePrints
      <<<MOD>>>
      Update - This Kickstarter is now live. Link to the project is below:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613044699/foundations-3
      <<<>>>

I wanted to share a preview with everyone of our new Foundations 3 Kickstarter. This is going to be our introduction of Resin products. We are doing all casting in house, we have already purchased all of the Conley Casting equipment, made about half of the production molds as well and all of the master molds.

All of the images in the Kickstarter are from our casts, and represent exactly what you will get minus the paint job. We are pricing this one aggressively to hopefully gain lots of new supporters. If you have the time to check it out, and if you can provide any feedback, criticism, or encouragement it would be greatly appreciated!

Current plans are to launch this by mid next week.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613044699/1557219489?token=392b82cd

Thanks!
      Kevin
    • By dsmiles
      Didn't see this one on here yet:

Awakening - Gaming Terrain
      About this project
      AWAKENING is a project for everyone that loves beautiful models and fantasy worlds.
      With your support we want to create the best terrain pieces available on the market. We aim at amazing design, breathtaking details, affordable price - all cast in best quality resin you can find on the market.

We are Awaken Realms - one of the biggest miniature painting studio worldwide, with a team of over 20 talented artists. After thousand of hours working on various models and terrain we know them more then anyone else. We also had a lot of experience with 3D modeling, print and resin cast.

Spatial, unique designs Up to 0,0025 cm detail level Best quality resin Perfect for taking your table to next level Created from community ideas
      3 thematic sets, 3 compelling stories. Unleash your imagination.
      Prices on the grey area shows how much you can save from retail prices after Kickstarter.

Kickstarter is an amazing way not to just sell the product, but to create it with the community. In this project we want to fully exploit this amazing opportunity.
      We would love to hear your ideas on the terrain you would like to have. We will be choosing best ideas from the comments and make a voting on them - then we will create terrain liked the most by the community and add them as a stretch goals!
      You are a part of this project and we hope you will help us fulfill mission of creating best terrain available! How far this project will go depends on you.

We are expecting to fully ship rewards within 6 month, with the first rewards send after 2-3 months. Those estimations can change depending on the amount of unlocked stretch goals and overall interest.
      Quality is our first priority at Awaken Realms. We perfectly understand that to success, we need to provide people who trusted us with great product.
      Below you can find some of the comments by backers from our first Kickstarter project - The Edge (we have shipped over 50% of rewards, currently finishing the production). Although it took a little longer then expected, our backers ended up with more components than initially planned.

We will add full effort to ensure your satisfaction as well!

Shipping prices will be calculated after the Kickstarter, based on the total weight of your order and exact location. It is impossible to do it within Kickstarter, so we will use our pledge manager system after KS.

Whole process of production - from modeling and 3D print to resin cast will be done by Awaken Realms, to ensure the final quality of every single model. No third party company will be involved in the process.

Risks and challenges
      Biggest risk factor is time of delivery of the rewards. Depending on the final size of the project, there can be maximum few months delay. It must be noted, that whole production process will be done in-house, not relaying on third party companies, which makes planning way easier. We also will give full effort in order to meet the deadlines - but in the end, devotion to quality will be always stronger then to keep the time frame.
      (Sorry, folks, took out the animated .gifs.)
    • By Teskal
      Link to the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/dungeon-saga-the-dwarf-kings-quest?mobile=0

Some postings from the Mantic Forum:
      For me End of July is to early to start with a new KS. :-(If they start it so early, I think I will be part of the KS with only $1+few Addons.
    • By Chrome
      I know I'm not the only GI Joe fan around here. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/supermouse/venom-assault-0

• Who's Online   26 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)