jaryth000

Great Canadian Mass Shipment Bones Race

Appreciated Greyhaze, but that second thing doesn't work, and hasn't for some time. I tried it when I first joined the forums (early fall) and it was turned off already at that point.

The first was for PAX last summer. Thanks anyway though!

Edited by Baugi
  • Like 1

I'm living in Peterborough, ON, and here is the stuff some crafty person will soon be able to snatch off my porch:

-- Vampire x1 $100

-- Fire Giants x1 $10

-- Frost Giants x1 $10

-- Starter Paint Set x1 $18

-- Figure Case x1 $25

-- Spider Centaurs x1 $10

-- C'thulhu x1 $10

-- Deep Dwellers x1 $7

-- Starter Set 2 x1 $18

-- Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10

-- Nethyrmaul x1 $25

-- Forces Of Nature x1 $15

-- Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10

-- Red Dragon x1 $10

-- Clockwork Dragon x1 $15

-- Demons x1 $15

-- IMEF Paint Set x1 $18

-- Undead Paint Set x1 $18

-- Frost Wyrm x1 $10

-- There Be Dragons x1 $15

-- Deathsleet x1 $10

-- Ebonwrath x1 $10

I'm in Lindsay, ON, so that's not too far a drive to snatch! My order's smaller, since I already have too many things to paint.

-- Vampire x1 $100

-- Mythos Monsters x1 $10

-- Deep Dwellers x1 $7

-- C'thulhu x1 $10

-- There Be Dragons x1 $15

I run a Call of Cthulhu game, so I'm working on finding ways to incorporate some of these into a cool tactical campaign.

Appreciated Greyhaze, but that second thing doesn't work, and hasn't for some time. I tried it when I first joined the forums (early fall) and it was turned off already at that point.

The first was for PAX last summer. Thanks anyway though!

The other point is we're already seeing Vampire packages popping up on Ebay - it seems a number of people bought to resell. I've seen them going for around $280. I'd call that a bit high myself but if you wait till (a) the Vampires are actually ready to ship and (b) the market is saturated you might be able to grab one for ~$200.

• Like 1

By order of complexity (simplest first), sorting by region (US one day, Canada the next, Worldwide), and by pledge manager completion date within the first two criteria. So if you only had one vampire, and filled out the PM first day then you ship early. If you've got a ton of stuff and filled out the PM last day then you ship later.

As to whether Canadians will be through RAFM, or UPS with Reaper assuming broker duties, I don't think we've had a firm answer yet, pending some paperwork.

Aww the snow has stopped falling here in whistler and now I'm patiently (that's a lie) waiting for my bones....

C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon ...

• Like 1

Find me the address of those resellers. Me and my talking stick need to have words with them

I have no issues with resellers on this at all. There was never a pre-determined finite number of Bones in the kickstarter - Reaper would make whatever people pledged for. So it's not like Tickle Me Buglips where people would raid store shelves bare to put up on eBay for double or triple, everybody who pledged has exactly equal opportunity to get the deal.

Anybody who missed it gets a chance at one cheaper than retail, and the seller can make some profit. It can't even be argued that this hurts Reaper by lowering retail demand - because when that argument got raised by storeowners over the Kickstarter itself the consensus was the Kickstarter wouldn't hurt them.

Pretty much, I figure anybody who pledged and received their pledge reward can do as they like with it.

• Like 2

I only have problems with resellers because I haven't got mine yet. If I was typing this from a bathtub full of bones, I wouldn't care, but how dare they have them on ebay when I still don't have mine. It's enough to make a grwon shadowraven cry

• Like 1

But! They could be selling them to ME! Which would have several fantastic benefits, including:

- Baugi happy-dance

- Baugi stops woofing about missing the KS all the damn time seriously enough already

- Peace on earth forever

Edit: Woofing? Interesting auto-edit they've got set up...

Edited by Baugi
  • Like 1

Find me the address of those resellers. Me and my talking stick need to have words with them

I have no issues with resellers on this at all. There was never a pre-determined finite number of Bones in the kickstarter - Reaper would make whatever people pledged for. So it's not like Tickle Me Buglips where people would raid store shelves bare to put up on eBay for double or triple, everybody who pledged has exactly equal opportunity to get the deal.

Anybody who missed it gets a chance at one cheaper than retail, and the seller can make some profit. It can't even be argued that this hurts Reaper by lowering retail demand - because when that argument got raised by storeowners over the Kickstarter itself the consensus was the Kickstarter wouldn't hurt them.

Pretty much, I figure anybody who pledged and received their pledge reward can do as they like with it.

I thought the same thing at first. People who jump on limited edition items to resell at a profit bother me. But for this project they actually do most people a favor. Judging by the amount on ebay already, they could be responsible for for multiple tier unlocks, so that's a win for other customers. Then, people who missed out can still get the package at a fraction of retail. Potentially Reaper loses out on the retail sale, but even at 20% off I don't think Vampire boxes will be big sellers, and Reaper did already sell the box at kickstarter prices, so that's another satisfied future customer.

well, yeah. All valid points, which I accept and agree with, but I still don't have mine, and and...yeah, that's all I've got really. Nothing but envy