Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Tabletop earth elemental oldies

I spent about 2 hours each on the first 2 elementals, they will all be used on the tabletop. I had just bought the 3 Army Painter inks, so I tested them on these. I like the results.

I love this one from Lance and Laser "Elementals - Earth and Water" set. Its partner is somewhere unpainted in our figure stash.

post-4115-0-44728100-1365200281_thumb.jpg

post-4115-0-84114700-1365200283.jpg

Ral Partha elemental from 11-426, very classic pose on this one.

post-4115-0-44478200-1365200306.jpg

post-4115-0-40892200-1365200308.jpg

Here is the complete set, the Fire elemental was painted by my husband around 1990, using enamel paints. Sadly, he doesnt paint anymore ::(: , but he does help me with gluing, assembly and basing :wub: .

post-4115-0-31480400-1365200304_thumb.jpg

The ugliest earth elemental ever is definitely this one by TSR, part of the "Elementals Air and Earth" twopack from 1983. I didn't think he deserved more than an hour of paint time.

post-4115-0-47657200-1365200295.jpg

post-4115-0-63721800-1365200297.jpg

Here he is with his partner Air elemental that I painted in April of 1994, this air elemental was why we bought the set:

post-4115-0-97305100-1365200292.jpg

Group shots are always fun:

post-4115-0-89994700-1365200315_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

The Ral Partha elemental is my favorite, but I actually like the TSR one as well. It seems appropriate for an elemental rock creature. Plus those eyes are too cute.

• Like 1

You should see if you can track down the Elemental Terror of Earth from Clan War, he would be an interesting addition to your collection here :)

• Like 2

what a nice group of earth elementals. i hadn't seen these guys before, and i'd like to see more.

great work for only a few hours total.

• Like 1

ObsidianCrane, thank you for the tip, I will keep an eye out for that mini. A quick search didn't reveal any for sale in the online stores I usually frequent.

The Ral Partha is my favorite of these too. I think they are some good loking elementals and you have done a great job.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).

But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.

Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody!

So last night finally finished this little lady, a very petit mage sculpted by Julie Guthrie in the early eighties.  With this one, I kind of felt that her shoes were so petite that I didn't want to put neither grass nor cornmeal (for dirt) in front of them, as to not completely cover them up, so I just did a super simple base without anything.  

I really like this figure and didn't realize how much detail she has until I got her primed and really started working on her.  I had no idea she had a rose on the top of her staff for example.

and all the bangles she's got on and  with the chains on her left hand, couldn't really appreciate it in her unpainted state.  Before I primed her, she kind of reminded me of the Julie Guthrie Hill Giant I painted recently, where you couldn't be sure how her face was going to really look, but when you got her primed and painted she looked a lot more decent.  

I thought the highlights on the cape were going to pop out a little bit more, but oh well. Next time I'll do deeper shadows and higher highlights!

So hope you all enjoy!
      Mark
    • By 72moonglum
      So it's been a few weeks since I've finished a minis, been kind of busy, but finally got this guy done last night,  another Hackmaster figure that was picked up by Ral Partha, this time a mature-looking wizard with a nice wooden staff.  As always, it took forever to decide colors and with his inner clothing, the lilac, that was the easiest, but after that, took a while to figure out the green in his cloak and blue on the outside.

He has a little potion at his belt, tried to do a liquid effect, when I look at the photo, not so sure how it turned out though.

Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By FireImp
      Here’s my next big project, a 1984 Ral Partha dragon. This old fellow was in pieces when I received him, and painted. I’ve cleaned him up, removed the old epoxy glue, pinned him back together, and tonight realized it looks like he’s rising out of the water. He needs a bigger base, which I have (75x46mm oval). But I have never done any basing, and I’d like to create a base that extends the appearance of water. I have no idea how to do that, so any and all suggestions and illustrations are welcome!

• By FireImp
      Finished another of the gifted old school minis, this one a Ral Partha (sez so on the base). I really like the sculpt on this one, so much detail...tiny shallow detail that would be easy to lose. So I did very little highlighting after the sepia ink wash.  

Now what to do about the base. I’m going to attach it to a larger base, but I’d like to be able to take that off someday in the future A) for RP verification, and B) to build a better base if I ever get into that. I’m wondering if regular white glue would be a good choice?

• Who's Online   48 Members, 4 Anonymous, 120 Guests (See full list)