buglips*the*goblin

(SPLIT) Great Bones painting race of 2013

...Chronoscope. I might use them as chewtoys for a dog or two, but not paint em...

=/

Ya know what? I will hand make you a dog chew monkey fist/line in exchange for your Chronoscopes.

...Chronoscope. I might use them as chewtoys for a dog or two, but not paint em...

=/

Ya know what? I will hand make you a dog chew monkey fist/line in exchange for your Chronoscopes.

But does he know what a monkey fist is?...

As to the seriousness of the challenge, I think of it as something akin to Top Gear. Friendly, often ludicrous, and mostly arbitrary.

I still think I'll be done first, but I have no intention of concentrating on my Vampire package to deliver the win. Instead, I'm going to paint everything to the same standard I currently employ and try to get all of it done first.

That's close on 500 minis. That's a ludicrous goal! Can I do it? Am I insane? Does Richard Hammond dye his hair?

The answer is yes.

Yes this was all in good fun. Buglips is a bit quicker on the brush, but I have an airbrush which means if I go with a majority color scheme I can knock out figures pretty quick too. Also when I'm not dawdling and screwing off on the interwebs I'm pretty quick. I'm trying to motivate myself to do this holy crap giant shipment of figures.

• Like 1

And an airbrush (which I don't have) might make a critical difference when it comes to C'Thulhu, Nethyrmaul, or Kaladrax.

I don't imagine I'll get either of those done in three hours.

• Like 1

Welllllllllll if I can crank out the speed on used on the first two weeks when I was getting into the Ashardalon figures, I should be able to do 10 a week at a playable standard, so that's only about six months or so.

But should I slip back into the painting speed and overall time of Castle Ravenloft, that's 40 per two years so I should be able to be done by about 2030.

I like Inner Geeks of being a timed event not a finished first event.

As far as judging goes. Everyone gets a score once they cross the line, two settings, Worth It® and Not Worth It® as in if you rush and they look terrible, you're only hurting yourself and your players :D

bull crap Buglips. Your bones have all come out looking quite well and good. Certainly game table quality. Besides, if we where waiting for folks like, oh say martin "that guy" this contest would be full of beautiful pieces, but we would be waiting longer for the end, then we waited for the Bones in the first place.

It would seem likely the most fair way to "race" would be to somehow document when you start and finish. Then it doesn't matter when the minis arrive, only the time you spent on them. Maybe a shot of all your bones pre-paint with a newspaper or something in the shot to document the date?

I was thinking the same thing. Staggered start times. And mandatory check ins, so we can track progress.

Maybe a shot of your box of minis and then every week a shot of what you've finished or worked on that week.

• Like 1