Bones: Preparation (Glues, Putties, Mould Lines, Etc.)

I would like to add that January 6 2017 we are releasing Bones Super Glue. Works on Metal and Plastic (Bones) and, because it's cyanoacrylate super glue, works on other things too, just like any super glue you'd buy would.

The cap includes a pin to prevent/reduce clogging at the aperture, and it's a nice large .7 oz (20g) bottle so it'll work on hundreds of models.

It has a near-instant cure on Bones material, slightly longer for metal models, and (I learned the hard way) adheres models to skin painfully easily.

Sounds like it will close cuts from the hobby knife quite readily too!

• Like 5

On 7/3/2013 at 2:16 PM, werehawk said:

I found filing/ sanding mould lines much easier if the figures are dipped in ice water put in freezer for a few minutes. This makes the figures less rubbery and more like traditional resin cast figures. Sanding and filing much more like what I was used to doing.

Appreciate the post.  I have much trouble with shaving/sanding Bones mold lines ... I get a sort of clumpy, rubble-like finish.  Because they are so soft.  I'll try this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jonaas33
      Painted up this minotaur over the weekend for an upcoming adventure. I might go back and add some highlights in the future, but I've been pressed for time lately and have just been trying to churn figs out. 
      His eyes are supposed to be plain white, he's a blind minotaur working for a Rakshasa that steals eyesight from unlucky adventurers.  He'll be using those big weapons to chop veggies and prepare a meal for the Rakshasa, but if the party can't sneak through the kitchen they may end up on the menu.
      Critiques and advice welcome as always!  Please note that I'm not even going to attempt making a base for this one.  I'm not confident enough in my painting yet, and want to get that down before I move on the next step of building up those cool bases that I see all over these forums. Thanks in advance!

• By Schirf
      Ok, here is my first NMM paint job. I'm not sure if I dislike the technique, or just picked a bad mini to try it on first. I found it a bit fiddly and frustrating with all of the dully cast spikey bits. I did a pretty quick TT quality job on everything not NMM, so I know there are a lot of places to improve there. 
      Also, I feel like the photos make it look better than it really is. I'm pretty happy with how the front of the armor turned out, but the shield and shoulder pauldrons were frustrating.

Would truly appreciate any feedback on improving the quality of my NMM!
      I'll be doing Mangu next and tracking in the same WIP thread.
      Wip thread here:
    • By KruleBear
      This guy was always intended to be toy box level painted. Basecoat, dry/damp brushing, and a light wash of Army painter mid-tone. But I actually really like the way he turned out.

• By KruleBear
      I was using this to try a different skin color which I like and I believe I was going to do a bit more detailed TMM but got side tracked. After several months of no work on him, I decided to get him "done" to tabletop level. Here are some shaky iPad photos. C&C welcome. 

• By KruleBear
      This guy was to experiment on achieving realistic light colors on a fairly smooth surface (the apron in this case). After several different tries I was happy with the result...then like normal he sat on the paint desk for months. So I decided to finish him to low tabletop level and wash him in ArmyPainters midtone shade which led to a big tied mark. But he is good enough for my sons toy box. C&C appreciated.

• Who's Online   42 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)