171 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
As suggested by @Pezler the Polychromatic and @Xherman1964, and inspired by ultrasquid's design, I present to you all my rainbow landshark...
Soon $kittlez will be sent out to hunt down a party of foolish adventurers in my 5e campaign, but before he does he wanted to stop by the forums to say hello!
By David Brawley
A challenge in the "getting to know each other" thread from this month was to try something in the hobby you've never done before. Well, I've never done OSL. I decided to pick up the Bones Lich to use as the Lich Lord for Frostgrave, and figured I could try to match the effect shown on the "Thaw of the Lich Lord" cover with the glowing hands.
As the mini only has one free hand, I figure the green glow is only from one side...
I started out by priming with grey liner, then used R.A.M. Black on the robes, and linen white to try to figure out what is going to be hit by the glow.
Looks pretty good from this angle.
Then it was time to add some color
Thoughts? Comments? and most importantly, suggestions???
I've been on a bit of a Sci-Fi kick recently, so I'm going to be converting and painting up the Bones version of the Nova Corp troops.
The original head on this guy has a horrible mold line, so I swapped it with a GW Dark Eldar.
Nothing wrong with her head, I just don't like having a bunch of clones, so I'll be giving her a bare head.
With new head (from GW Wood Elves).
These are the same figure. The one on the left has the head from the female trooper added. The one on the right is the original head; as you can see the detail is lousy, so it got cut off.
The head/helmet with the lousy detail from the guy above is now hanging on her belt.
These guys have some extra equipment added.
One of the guys from above is going to become a sniper.
And his rifle, courtesy of a GW Tau.
That's all for now, but I have a few more conversions to do before painting starts.
Last night I did a quick paint of a couple of minis while my wife painted a paint-by-numbers. I did a little bit of extra work this morning, and had some equipment malfunctions that damaged the minimal face I did paint. As this was all about a quick job, I only fixed the problem, but didn't redo it.
The WIP is linked and photos will follow shortly in a separate post (I'm currently trapped by feline).
Who's Online 21 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)