• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      The third and final mini from the Layer Up! LTPK, Julie Guthrie’s Hajad the Pirate:

Not gonna try for any better images, because then you would see how badly I messed up the eyes...
      Mostly by the book, but I skipped the lining as my little brush was becoming temperamental. Of the three minis in this kit, this is the one I was most looking forward to, as it has the most exposed skin of the three (one of my problem areas). Think I oversold the abs a bit too much though.
      Based on issues with the previous minis, I elected to basecoat both weapon blades with Ebony Flesh before applying the metallic. The Filigree Silver included in the kit was too watery to play nice with bare Bonesium, and in any case it was difficult for me to see where the paint actually stuck. Plus, it makes lighter metallics pop.
      It was nice to see darker flesh tones included in this kit. The darkest (non-dark elf) skin tone I had available before was Tanned Skin, but my attempts to mix in darker paints always resulted in a weird shade of sadness.
      All in all, this kit was a good learning experience. The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and it was neat seeing the colors build up with each layer. The cartoons were cute too. I just hope that my technique improves moving forward. And that painting eyes gets easier.
    • By Maglok
      So I have a high level campaign that I want to throw a pit fiend at near the end. I figured let's paint up Agramon! I had to go and challenge myself though. I want the lava of his base to object source light all of him! :D And then there is the fireball in his hand.
      At the moment I am still painting without OSL, he is not ready for that yet. His wings are not attached, nor is his fireball. The rest is attached and locked on the base though. I can still easily reach all of the model, but it will help me determine where OSL is needed.
      So without further ado, here is the current state of Agramon.
      And without his wings.

• By Schirf
      Overall pretty happy with how he turned out. 
      Would love any feedback for improvement...

• By 72moonglum
      Hi there, 
      a general question, is there any idea when the Frost Giant queen from the last round of Bones Kickstarter is going to be released to the public? One of the coolest minis from that last Kickstarter.
    • By Kev!
        Entombed treasure you wish to see, then vanquish you must the Wardens three!

Click to zoom,
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)