I was thinking after it came out of the hot water hold it straight when you dunk it in the cold. I didn't expect anyone to be stupid enough to try hold it straight and stick it in boiling water at the same time. Though if they did, I would call it their own fault

• Like 1

what about holding the casters staff in position when you dunk it?

what about holding the casters staff in position when you dunk it?

Well, I wouldn't use the word 'hold' here. Someone might misunderstand and try to dunk the figure into the boiling water.

You'll note that I have a high opinion of other people's common sense : )

What I thought I'd try once I get my vampire is 'splinting' the long thin items like the staff with a needle or similar lightly tacked in place with CA glue before boiling & setting 'em. I haven't had an opportunity to try yet.

It also just occured to me that Bones is soft enough when boiled to pin it with an extremely thin needle. Yet again, haven't tried this yet but it might work quite well. If that works, then you could boil, pin, and set very easily indeed.

trust me there's just not anything that can be done for that one particular mini short of sticking a pin down the center of the staff and leaving it there, it just flops around like it's already been boiled, and boiling it didn't do anything to it.

On my first boil experience I just gotta say, it was fun to watch the unicorn's horn straighten all by itself in the boiling water ^_^ Science is spiffy!

I was thinking after it came out of the hot water hold it straight when you dunk it in the cold. I didn't expect anyone to be stupid enough to try hold it straight and stick it in boiling water at the same time. Though if they did, I would call it their own fault

My husband, a cook, once trained a guy who asked how you get something out of the deep fat fryers, so, jokingly, my hubby said you just reach in and grab it.

Guess what the guy did?

He reached into the (350 degree F) oil to grab something. <_<

He didn't last long at that job.

And my hubby knows better than to make that joke with people who ask that question now.

People are stupid.

• Like 8

On my first boil experience I just gotta say, it was fun to watch the unicorn's horn straighten all by itself in the boiling water ^_^ Science is spiffy!

My husband, a cook, once trained a guy who asked how you get something out of the deep fat fryers, so, jokingly, my hubby said you just reach in and grab it.

Guess what the guy did?

He reached into the (350 degree F) oil to grab something. <_<

He didn't last long at that job.

And my hubby knows better than to make that joke with people who ask that question now.

People are stupid.

yum fried idiot. mmm mm mmm finger licking good.

Hi at all,

I received my portion of Bones with the Vampire box. Most of the miniatures I bend stayed or were near enough for me to the shape I wanted them to.

But now I have come upon some miniatures who bend straight back to how they were, mere hours later (sometimes just half an hour).

I made some pictures from two different attempts:

Judas1_zps86e0138d.png

Judas2_zps6471dbff.png

The second batch of pictures:

Judas3_zpse550f1c9.png

Judas4_zps984c5f3f.png
Judas5_zps8ad14de3.png
Judas6_zps98356636.png

Judas7_zpse147bb8a.png

You can almost see how he slowly bends down. I attended the hints that were mentioned here and here, but now i am out of ideas, please help. What can I do, is it the miniature itself, is it something with this specific miniature (i. e. with the material)?

Cheers,

cl3ave

Is the water hot enough? And are you leaving the mini submerged long enough to fully heat?

Those are the two things that come to mind for me. I haven't had to personally reset any Bones (but I haven't gotten my KS Vampire box, either).

Is the water hot enough? And are you leaving the mini submerged long enough to fully heat?

Yes, it was boiling (forget to write that), and during the process from which the second pictures were taken, I held him two full minutes into the boiling water, bend him and then put him into cold water.

Those are the two things that come to mind for me. I haven't had to personally reset any Bones (but I haven't gotten my KS Vampire box, either).

Good luck that your's arrive soon, then.

KK. 2 minutes should be long enough, but try leaving it in for 5. Also, make sure you put it into freezing cold water to 'set' it as quickly as possible.

If it's still acting up then personally I'd start looking at pinning it, but most of the Bones I've worked with that did this I'd not boiled them long enough to heat them all the way through. I have heard of issues with that specific vampire (figure, not box!) before now however.

KK. 2 minutes should be long enough, but try leaving it in for 5. Also, make sure you put it into freezing cold water to 'set' it as quickly as possible.

I hold him in the "upright" position while he was cooling down, I think about 5 miniutes. Maybe 2 minutes in boiling water wasn't enough for the whole body.

What makes me sceptical is that his sword (which is a lot thinner than the body) and a skeleton with a spear also re-bend after the same treatment, but the another skeleton (also with a spear) didn't.

but most of the Bones I've worked with that did this I'd not boiled them long enough to heat them all the way through.

Ok, I give it another go then and put him for 5 minutes into boiling water and try cooler water.

I have heard of issues with that specific vampire (figure, not box!) before now however.

Hmm, I hope I can get this guy "to stand up straight", because I really like the miniature and was very happy to have him as one of my Vampire Bones.

Nonetheless, thank you guys very much for your answers! ::):

I've heard that people had better luck when the water was mostly ice cubes. It could just be that this was how the mini cooled after the initial casting, meaning that he actually is resetting to his original position. Being new to this myself, I'm not sure what your options are at this point; I wish I could be more helpful! ::(:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

If it's the whole mini like that last example how about just sticking a steel wire through the entire thing top down?

Then you can freely bend him back and the wire should hold (if it's thick enough).

Covering the small imperfection shouldn't be a big deal, and sticking a wire through Bonesium is easy as pie.

Wow your Judas looks good compared to mine. He is so bent that his sword bends real bad because it touches the ground at about the halfway mark of the sword. I have yet to try and fix any bent Bones and figure I will do them when I get to them...if I get that far into painting. :)

• Like 1