Sign in to follow this  
Smokin'

Verocithrax

I just picked up/assembled this beasty yesteday.  He costs a pretty penny, but he's worth every cent.  Go pick him up.  

Do to my percepton of this awesome dragon sculpt, all I have to say i this:  Werner Klocke is the man...

So a post like that begs the question, Kelcore:

When do we get to see your paint job on the Painting forums?

(breaks out his Hypno-Toad)

--paint, paint bleep you! :)

--lstormhammer

Well 'Hammer, I'm currently in the process of painting this collasal beastie, so it'll be a little while before he's done, as soon as he is, you can bet I'll be taking some photos.

As far as my paintin goes:  there are some embarassingly crappy pics of my work on my CoolminiorNot gallery, which you can find a link to in tis forums "Show Off" section.  The mini's are actually pretty good, but you'd never be able to tell that from the photo's. I'm still REALLY new at this whole digital photography thing :angry:

Just in case you'd rather link from here, instead of from the Show Off topic *cringe*

As far as my paintin goes: †there are some embarassingly crappy pics of my work on my CoolminiorNot gallery, which you can find a link to in tis forums "Show Off" section. †The mini's are actually pretty good, but you'd never be able to tell that from the photo's. I'm still REALLY new at this whole digital photography thing :angry:

nothin' wrong with those at all. Taking good pictures of minis is difficult, I find - still haven't managed it.

I did not like this dragon,the mini is not bad but I cannot stand Games Workshops style of dragon. While thise one has a little more meat than most of GW's it just looks too close.

nothin' wrong with those at all. Taking good pictures of minis is difficult, I find - still haven't managed it.

Bless you, Smokin.  I really appreciate the compliment.  Thanks!

I'm really really experimentng with the photography, so far: no luck.  Hopefully, that'll chage soon, Because those pics in my gallery just aren't cuttin the mustard.

I looked at your pictures. Yep, they weren't that great, but even so I could discern some great detail in the eyes & nice flesh accents. Too bad the people rating your minis couldn't look past a bad pick to give a fair rating to a good mini...

my $2 (inflation, you know)

yes the pictures were not the best, but thank you for sharing your work.  I can't get a clear enough shot to share, I'm still trying.

Now, paint, the dragon is calling you, I can hear it!

:)

cbs

Wow!  Thank you both, very much!  It's good to know that there's some people out thre that can look past the fuzzy images.  Whenever I'm on that site, and see a blurry o not-so-great photograph, I tryreally hard to look past the poor pic and see the actual mini and rate accordingly.  It's good to know I'm not alone in this.  Again:  thank you.

Heh, you're quite right, Ladystorm, the dragon DOES call, he's callin to kick my arse yet again...LOL.  He's quite an undertaking, and the fact that he's giving me such a hard time sugests that he's going to turn out pretty good.  I like challenges, ad Verocithrax is most definately that.  So, I'm going to take my sweet time with him, and hopefully, have somethingto b proud of.

-Kel

I'm going to take my sweet time with him, and hopefully, have something to be proud of.

-Kel

And then you'll share some pics.  And give us the battle of painting the dragon in epic poem form?

cbs :)

A flip book?  Well, the way I'm taking pics currently...that's not very likely to happen.   However, I think I might be on the verge of a breakthrough, and qill have some good, clean, not too shabby pics in the near future.  

Rest assured, though, that as soon as 'Thrax is done, you'll get pics, I promise! :;):

I did not like this dragon,the mini is not bad but I cannot stand Games Workshops style of dragon. While thise one has a little more meat than most of GW's it just looks too close.

I second that. I hope with all my heart that they keep making dragons the old way. The GW¥s dragons are made into that pose to fit in the plastic monster bases. I prefer a natural pose, as dinamic as you want it, but not that unnatural cartoonish pose. :angry:

Sandra Garrity's dragons rule. † :D