Sign in to follow this  
Smokin'

Verocithrax

I'm staying away from those big guys for now.  I want to paint one someday, after I'm more comfortable with myself. We also have the dilemna of where to put it, even while in progress.  So I think we'll buy the boxes and save them for larger quarters.  

cbs

Heh....

Well as if I didn't have enoug to do, what with Verocithrax and my legion of primered-yet-unpainted minis, itwould seem that T'Raukzul is on its way to me sometime within the near future as well *uncontrolable mad giggling*

Mmmm...dragons...lotsa dragons...*ponders on where to put these big suckas...*

Can you show us what that beast looks like "raw"? I want to know if it was sculpted in the GW fashion or not. Does it have directions, like a model kit? I agree with those who despise GW stuff; their dragons stink on ice. I sincerely hope that Verocithrax is of a higher quality than the Evil Empire's crap.

------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I have a copy of the limited edition Ral Partha "Gold Dragon of Chaos", #2581 of 5000. It is complete, untouched, in the box, with the signed, numbered, certificate of authenticity and the serial number plate for the base.

I'm looking to trade for a copy of Gauth and T'Raukzul, new in box. If anyone is interested, leave me a message and I'll give you the info on doing a swap.

Can you show us what that beast looks like "raw"? I want to know if it was sculpted in the GW fashion or not. Does it have directions, like a model kit? I agree with those who despise GW stuff; their dragons stink on ice. I sincerely hope that Verocithrax is of a higher quality than the Evil Empire's crap.

------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I have a copy of the limited edition Ral Partha "Gold Dragon of Chaos", #2581 of 5000. It is complete, untouched, in the box, with the signed, numbered, certificate of authenticity and the serial number plate for the base.

I'm looking to trade for a copy of Gauth and T'Raukzul, new in box. If anyone is interested, leave me a message and I'll give you the info on doing a swap.

Well, no. I already have Verocithrax base-coated..so unfortunately, I have no raw pics of him.  The Admin says that there will be a pic of 'thrax up soon though, maybe they'll have some naked pics of him.  

Although, he certainly is reminiscent of GW's dragons, I'm here to tell you that the quality is MUCH better.  The pose is dynamic, and there's a handy-dandy diagram right on the box that illustrates how to put this all-metal beast togeher (and considering how high up his wings sit, this is pretty significant, and quite rewarding once he decides to stay together..)

:;):

-Kel

Thanks Kel. Can you tell me this: Does the body assemble the same way that the GW dragons do, with thewierd cross sectioning of the boy sections? That's what I despise the most about the Evil Empire's dragons. Those body sections NEVER match up right!

the body is assembled like so:  the hind legs/hips, and part of the tail are the main body of the mini, with those parts resting on a large tree trunck, sculpted on to the base.  The lower neck that extends up into the lower jaw connects at the front, just after the hip joints..and the rest of the tail in the rear..it's pretty easy, and connects very well, I only had to use a tiny amount of green stuff to cover the gaps.  Really, the biggest problem I had with putting him together was the wings....I apprieciate the whole "keeping it metal" stance and all, but (this is a suggestion to the casters) plastic wings woulda made this MUCH simpler....like GW did with the Balrog...

Oooh... it's ALL metal? One big advantage to that that I can see: Easier Conversion.

Also, the pieces sound like it'd be really easy to get a few different poses out of this bad boy, with minimal effort.

BTW, I hope that you're pinning that sucker! Must be heavy!

VERY heavy, Polo.  But here's the trick:  He comes (for the most part) pinned already!  I was really suprised at the dep holes that accomadate the slots very nicely.  The only things that were a problem, and this is due to it being all metal, were the wings...but it was a very short-lived problem, compared to the headaches I've had putting other models together from other manufacturers (namely: GW, and WOTC, especially WOTC's Black Dragon).

Yeah, I know a guy who had to put the WotC dragon together... I asked him if he wanted me to pin  it for him, he said he'd take care of it...

He uses a pin vise.

Needless to say, he showed up at my door later that week with the figure in tow, and a sheepish look on his face. 30 minutes later we had it pinned and puttied up.

Long live the rotary tool!

Your comment on the WOTC Dragon brings back the memory that mine is setting in the hutch above my desk only partially assembled. :(

Im not having a problem with the pinning, its more that the wings do not fit in the slots right. The right wings goes in but the left wont go in no matter what. Ive been carefully fileing away at it for a few months off and on. Till frustration sets in that is.

Hmm maybe I should give it another go. † ??? †

If I every get it together it will look wonderful... but until then its just a paperweight.

EDIT: Can... Not... Spell...

Get a dremel....worth it's weight in gold as far as that pain in the arse dragn s concerned....

And putty...LOTS of putty.... :O

Oh Im actually a dremel fiend... but I have to admit Im sorely concerned about taking a high speed rotating anything to one of my precious minis. ??? Hmmm... But it would help filing those wings down.

Ive seen some pictures of Verocithrax online and those wings concern me. As well as he just looks thin overall. Like he needs to raid a few towns and beef up. †:D

Still it would be a good addition for me.

I have been thinking of getting a dragon and painting it. It's a different painting challange. Remember: the larger the model, the less highlight and inking you need to do. The room's natural light will do the job for you. (I picked up one of those Armorcast Titans back in the day, and learned that the hard way...)

--lstormhammer