Sign in to follow this  

Smarter than We Thought...Or Maybe Just Smarter Than The Wizard Thought

Otherwise titled by my daughter as: Zombie Friends Are Bowling Together

Dedicated to my awesome little girl. She loves Scooby Doo and is fascinated with all of my plastic D&D junk. Funny seeing things from a much younger point of view.

4 Reaper minis were painted for this. The 2 ghasts, the archway/crypt gate and the Hero ranger.

A bit R rated...Hope you enjoy :)

• Like 20

Excellent work.

Mason Thornwarden, fighter-with-bow, is hands down one of my favorites. Can't wait to get him in Bones... and you've made him, And his adversaries, look awesome.

• Like 1

WOW lips. That is pretty cool. I like the river of blood. I think the scene is a nifty idea as well.

I got to ask though, what kind of bowling alleys have you been taking your little girl to?

Now everytime I see that Ghast lord, I see him bowling those skulls.

That's a great scene! Wonderfully painted figures and I love the blood trail.

As I'm still quite new to this hobby, I gotta ask you lips, what did you do to keep that blood....especially the pool...stay shiny/fresh looking?

Woodland scenics water effects. I picked it up in Michaels, a local craft store. I scraped some of the wood from the base to make a crevasse and poured it in. Then I mixed the pool with Reapers red blood plaint using a toothpick.

Then I pulled some of the liquid out with the toothpick and splattered it around. Glad you like it :) I've only been doing this for a few months myself, so it was a experiment that actually worked out nicely.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I finished up the Obsidian Crypt from Bones 3's Graveyard expansion. Used a fair amount of spray paint on this one, as I found that it didn't interact as badly with the harder Bonesium than it does with the regular stuff. I also used a bit of blue painter's tape to keep various areas protected, and wound up making use of a marbling spray to get the effect I wanted, and I'm pretty happy with it. It worked best on the floor rather than the walls, but I'm satisfied with it overall. I haven't glued any of the walls together, because it makes it easier to use as terrain or display.
      I also mounted some magnets in the floor, and glued some nails into the open areas in the walls so that the whole thing stays together better. It was my first real attempt at using magnets in miniatures, and I'm pretty excited about it.

• By knarthex
      Hey folks looking for some advice on a project I am hoping to accomplish for Reapercon '18...
      It won't let me quote in the 1st post, so the next will have the links...
      WIP here
    • By TheOldGuard
      "One of my favourite range of figures ever was Citadel's 1980's licensed "Lord Of The Rings" minis. I have finally decided to get all the miniatures I own painted up (over time) & try to acquire the ones which are missing from my collection (& paint them up too!)". Here is my next completed mini - Strider.
      It's actually part of a blister of 3 minis (ME1 - Fellowship Heroes) which also includes Gandalf & Frodo.
      I love the sculpting on this figure - grim yet regal. To make him look like he is roaming the wilds, I added some dirt onto the bottom of his cloak & boots by drybrushing a light brown followed by a dark brown nearest the bottom.

Thanks for looking!
    • By empi2k
      Hi there,
      here's a player character from my current Storm Kings Thunder D&D campaign (we're kind of a year behind the D&D publishing schedule ;)). The player has a moon elf rogue who is a master archer. Perfect miniature for the player. I had some difficulties with the pale moon elf skin and the hair, but I'm satisfied with the result. Hope you like it!

Here's a view of the whole party:

1st - Dual Wield Rogue (Dark Sword)
      2nd - Halmar, Young Wizard (Reaper)
      3rd - Halfling Wizard (Reaper)
      4th - Halfling Rogue (Wizkids Nolzur)
      5th - Svela Dwarf Paladin (Hasslefree)
      6th - Arathaniel (Reaper)
    • By Darius Glenwell
      I'm really happy with this one. 3D render by John Popson, cast by Effincool Miniatures. This will be available next weekend at GaryCon in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. I get to personally hand it to Luke Gygax, and it will go into the charity auction, which all the proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. I got it as close to the poster and shirt art as I could. Thanks for looking! If you're going to Gary Con this year, introduce yourself if you find me. 

• Who's Online   35 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)