Serpine

CSM's Tome of Horrors Complete

"We've already made contact with our regular sculptors Tim Prow, Mark Evans,Nicholas and Federico Genovese and Patrick Keith. We've also opened communications with Gary Morley, a former Games Workshop sculptor, and Drew Williams. We're excited about acquiring some new talent on that front!"

I think Federico Genovese, Tim Prow, and Jason Wieb did the bulk of Demons and Devils, and Patrick Keith did a few of the females.

I like patrick keith's work. I don't quite dig the others. Those new ones, we know anything they sculpted?

I'm not trying to be snarky, but I'm sure google and a few minutes would get you that answer. I personally do not know their work.

Edited by ahayford

A little google-fu and I found out that Morely's work is... less than loved in the Warhammer circles. Apparently his suffers from bad posing. Although he has put out some gems, like a lot of the Eldar and Dark Eldar were done by him.

One of Morley's most hated works

tumblr_mhb39v7lXV1r1g40zo1_500.jpg

Drew's work is extremely solid. He did some work for Matt on the Demons KS and is now working on Midgard with Mick. Really great stuff from him, including this little lady which is my #1 favorite sculpt from the Demons KS project.

vip8_drew_williams_1.jpg22591143293224838132179.jpg

Edited by recruittons

I'm not trying to be snarky, but I'm sure google and a few minutes would get you that answer. I personally do not know their work.

Google can always get you answers, but I was interested in the opinion of people here. I value the reaper forum peep's opinions more because I know the sort of people, while the opinion of 'the internet' tends to be varying wildly between extreme fanboy and really angry. :)

Also not being snarky. ^_^

So...a glance at CSM's website (not an exhaustive search by any stretch) shows only two of the minis from the Demons and Devils KS available for purchase now. Most of the sculpts from that KS are either not my cup of tea or not something I need, so I didn't back...but the Marilith and the Nalfeshnee would be nice (I always want more of the former, and I've never seen a mini of the latter). Is there any word on that from them? And if not, what did the KS actually do for them (not actually excited about helping someone produce a bunch of completely limited edition sculpts).

Also not interested in the high buy-in for this one, and very underwhelmed by the concept art.

Also not interested in the high buy-in for this one, and very underwhelmed by the concept art.

Completely understand where you're coming from on this, but I can clarify that the art shown on the page is the original art form the book, designed to let people know what CSM is planning. it is not the actual sculpt concept art.

And as for the high buy in, the $200 level is going to be very, very worth it once we get past the initially listed stretch goals. And the $100 for the 17 listed minis isn't too bad, either. Of course YMMV, and it's not for everyone, Frog God Games and CSM appreciate you taking a look though. Stop back by in a week or two and see if anything catches you eye!

Skeeter Green

Frog God Games.

How has fufillment gone on their other one? Is it complete? I know they had issues with Wotc but other than that how was it?

How has fufillment gone on their other one? Is it complete? I know they had issues with Wotc but other than that how was it?

The 28mm Demons/Devils one hasn't started shipping yet and the pledge manager is currently still open. I believe it's still waiting for 2 or 3 greens as well. There was suggestion it may not ship until this Kickstarter has finished, not sure home accurate that it is though.

he 28mm Demons/Devils one hasn't started shipping yet and the pledge manager is currently still open. I believe it's still waiting for 2 or 3 greens as well. There was suggestion it may not ship until this Kickstarter has finished, not sure home accurate that it is though.

Thank you :) That fact isn't terribly encouraging about this one though.

Regarding Shipping of the Demons and Devils:

"As I've been saying all along in this thread, we'll be tallying all of the numbers once all the surveys are in (still dozens outstanding), and we'll allow our casting company the month of May to cast. That's also allowing for molds to be made of latecomer models like the Prince of Undead and the remaining three models which should be done within the next week! Metal is faster than resin, and we've already got hundreds of the bulk of the KS models cast up; for example, I've already got 1500 lemures in metal; 400 of at least 12 other models sitting here in metal; it's just the models that came in later we're waiting on at this point. Metal casting is easy - a company can crank out hundreds of models in an hour. Resin is much trickier - where metal is ready in a matter of minutes, resin can take HOURS to cast. It needs to set. And resin molds are much more delicate - where you might get 200 spins out of a metal mold, you'll get about 25-30 resin castings out of a resin mold cavity before it needs to be molded again. That being said, fulfillment will begin when May's castings start coming in - the lower levels will be simple enough to fulfill, and some of those might be going out even in May. However, the larger the orders - and the more add-ons - the more I am at the casting company's mercy. Regardless, I think you'll be pleased with how things are coming along and how much we've already got in stock. We're working diligently over on this end, rest assured. Those of you who pledged to TORN WORLD will have your pledge rewards before the end of May - that KS will be entirely fulfilled, as well, before we roll into June. So as you can see, we're making progress - now we're at the mercy processes that take time and manpower. I guarantee you'll be pleased with your box when it arrives. And you've still got three more sculpts to droll over when they roll in :)"

So...a glance at CSM's website (not an exhaustive search by any stretch) shows only two of the minis from the Demons and Devils KS available for purchase now.

For clarification, those two (Baphomet and the Molydeus) were included in the sweet spot pledge in the KS, but they weren't actually being kickstarted themselves. They were pre-existing products.

I just don't want anyone to get the mistaken impression they are selling any of the KS sculpts before the KS rewards ship.

lso not interested in the high buy-in for this one, and very underwhelmed by the concept art.

Gonna agree with you here. Not really a fan of most of the pieces in the original 17. The $100 price tag isn't bad for them, but I can pick out about 5 that I really like/can't get elsewhere. If I back, it'll be at the $50, 8 piece level. Seems to be almost the exact same price per mini as the $100 spot, but... you know, half the price :;):

The real problem is that $200 pledge level is, yet again, putting way too much faith in smashing down tons of stretch goals. Unless this project gets an extra 12+ models unlocked from stretch goals, that level is a complete waste. I was hoping Matt would have learned to put less faith in the stretch goals when designing his project, maybe listen to the myriad of people who said to try and copy Stonehaven's structure (At least, I think people were telling him to do that... If they weren't, they should have :lol:)

Edited by recruittons