Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Live stock pens...(WIP...fantasy game terrain for RPG game)...

post-11942-0-00614300-1369591748_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-49404600-1369591666_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-75618900-1369591585_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-09879800-1369591521_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-66693400-1369591453_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-53479800-1369591353_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-82072400-1369591263_thumb.jpg

I decided to take a break from the tedium of building the booths for the farmers market & renaissance fair board...so I started working on the live stock pens. This is a standoff piece to/from the large fair board...it is a (10" x 10") little gem built on ceiling tile (as you can see). What you see is 3 days of scale detail work. All the tools (two man saw, axe, shovel, hoe, 3 prong hay fork)...the barrels & wooden box...mushrooms...are all scratchbuilt! The 3 pigs are (Airfix)...the 2 white geese are (Airfix)...the large grey goose is (Mega)...The ground cover is my own mix.

(FUTURE NOTE)...The privy will be another standoff piece to/from the large fair board and will be about the same size.

SPECIAL NOTE...I want to wish all my fantasy miniature painter friends and RPG players and the staff of this website a safe and festive Memorial Day holiday and to all of you veterans out there...Thank you!

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By odinsgrandson
      Here is our current adventuring party for Iron Kingdoms.  We started a new campaign shortly after Reapercon, so I was able to make use of several of the convention minis.
      This party is quite an odd mix of races.  Lately, I've been quite fond of having a semi-cohesive color pallet for our adventuring parties.  The last one I did was all in cold blues, so with this one I went for a very warm pallet.

Lil is an investigator who 'secretly' is a Thamar Advocate.  She's just the stock mini of the vampire hunter from Reapercon (by Bob Ridolfi)

This Pygmie Troll is very fond of hitting things and also alcohol.  He was made by resculpting the head and hands from the Jason Weibe's Dwarf Brewmaster (07015)

Our resident Bone Grinder was made from Bobby Jackson's River Widow (03913).  I only made superficial changes to her (adding a few extra bone-grindy items to her belt).
      ]

For our Trollkin Axe Flinger, it turns out that we already had the perfect mini.  This is the version from the Undercity Board Game.

This Outcast Skorne Bushwacker/Warlock was made by simply head swapping a Malifaux rifleman.

This Lazy Cyclopes (under the command of the Warlock) was a sculpt that I made quite a few years ago.  I showed it off to several sculptors at Gencon, and they all gave me some pointers on things that I could improve on.  Still, I was fond enough of him that I decided to paint him up.

• By Inarah
      It's that time of year again! 

It's time for  the Annual Thanksgiving Weekend Paint Binge!  

Link to the 2017 Challenge.

The object is to finish as many figures as possible. Quantity counts over quality.  All manufacturers are fair game, posting of WIPs and finished pieces is strongly encouraged. You may prep and prime figures before hand, in fact I recommend it. Get out all those primed and half painted figures and get ready to finish them!  

Finish your Rainbow Dragon.  Get caught up on your RPChallenge.  Catch up on your Minivember totals.  Work on your Secret Sophie.  Finish your Large Figure entry. 

When you complete a mini post a photo here, or make a link to Show Off. 

It doesn't matter if you aren't in the US, come paint with us anyway.  Have to work? Travel? Have to cook a big family meal? That is part of the challenge. 

Painting begins at 00:01 am Nov 22 and ends 23:59 pm Nov 26. (according to your local time zone)  This gives you a chance to finish up Monday night and post pics. 

Who's in with me? Can we break last years total? 

BONUS CHALLENGE:  Use at least 3 paints from Reapercon 2018, or the Halloween promotion:

-- 09601 Ashen Rose 
      -- 09602 Bruise Purple 
      -- 09603 Black Indigo
      -- Breast Cancer Pink
      -- 09279 Fresh Blood
      -- 09680 Spectral White

• By Rat13
      Awhile ago I came across a terrain tutorial video about building barrels and thought I'd give it a go. After the initial steps of collecting water bottle/soda lids, gluing them together, and even priming them the project came to a halt. Well after a couple months of staring at a bag of primed bottle caps I finally got back to work. 

The next step in the build was to create an actual lid/opening in the top of the barrel. This required two pieces; it needed a small bead and a slightly larger round piece to glue the bead onto (in the tutorial the builder used small wooden discs they found at a craft store). I knew that my wife already had plenty of beads that would be perfect but that small round disc had me stumped.

That's when I finally remembered that inside my wife's craft bin she had a hole punch. Since I started basing my models and began building a little terrain I've been collecting a lot of random household brick a brack, including baby formula tins and lids. You know where I'm going with this and I think the picture speaks for itself.

Now that I finally had all the pieces I began gluing the discs and beads to the top of the barrels. After a little gunmetal grey I'm pretty impressed with how good they look and how quick they can be made (quick provided you don't spend too much time thinking about a single piece). I placed some Games Workshop barrels behind them for comparison. 

I'm pretty sure this build came from Terrain Tutorial but I'm not positive (I did see the video quite a while ago). Either way I just want to say this wasn't my idea at all, I simply followed the steps I happened to remember from a youtube video I watched so long ago that I can't remember who did it. I'm grateful however for this simple and cheap terrain and will be making a ton of them over the next few days.
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

May I introduce Chris P. Bacon?

Kev!
    • By Vacaroja
      It all started with a D&D group forming.  That's when I started up the painting minis in June.  And having trouble finding figures that we felt represented our characters, I opted to have some fun and use some anthropomorphic Dark Sword critters.  Plus, I admit I was a little scared of doing human faces on my first go.

What they represent in our game, from left to right -
      A Half Elf warlock, a Goliath warrior, an Elf swashbuckler, and a Dragonkin cleric of Talos.

And the badger's weapon is a conversion because the original mace head broke off and my friend's character carried a glaive.  I bought one of the Reaper weapon packs and used a piece from that for the conversion.  I also got a surprise and found that I had already bought the badger a long time ago, so I had two!  So I painted both up and call them "The Brothers".

I love their furry cloaks.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 3 Anonymous, 148 Guests (See full list)