malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

3328 posts in this topic

Awesome!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Awesome!

 

Thanks, X. I am glad you like it thus far.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the new backgrounds!  Great atmosphere and yet with a kind of theme park feel.  Like a goblin might open a door and enter from "backstage" where lots of other critters are running around half in costume.  This is not a criticism - it's part of a distinctive feel that your creations have that there's always more to the world than at first appears.

 

I was worried at first that these mushrooms were lacking eyes.  Good to see that a variety of eyes are appearing.  There are probably others I can't see and those are the ones to worry about.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, InvisibleThumb said:

I love the new backgrounds!  Great atmosphere and yet with a kind of theme park feel.  Like a goblin might open a door and enter from "backstage" where lots of other critters are running around half in costume.  This is not a criticism - it's part of a distinctive feel that your creations have that there's always more to the world than at first appears.

 

I was worried at first that these mushrooms were lacking eyes.  Good to see that a variety of eyes are appearing.  There are probably others I can't see and those are the ones to worry about.

 

Thanks for the reply, Thumb. I like that idea. I can picture a chaotic scene a la The Muppet Show (the original one) with the cast & crew running madly about just behind the scenery.

Some of the eyes will probably just be glowing eyes in the gloom, but some will have disembodied faces as well. I also have some new Mushrooms for the background: twisty ones with faces.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff!!

It's quite fun pouring over the photos looking for the eyes.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Great stuff!!

It's quite fun pouring over the photos looking for the eyes.

 

Thanks, Wolf. I am happy you are enjoying the stuff.

The two lower sets of eyes now have faces.

I have six lanky, twisted Mushrooms ready for faces. These will fill out the ground in front of the towering Mushrooms.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is as things stand at the moment.

The first two faces in the gloom:

DSCN4524.thumb.JPG.178d7c6ab00435f84ea731a8b495b7bb.JPG

 

DSCN4525.thumb.JPG.cf3db77cccbe1a0d10f7ef2e60a9bbaf.JPG

 

DSCN4526.thumb.JPG.b5d1ae08e6e7162dcf82507cb443ac7b.JPG

 

...the Twisted Mushrooms:

DSCN4529.thumb.JPG.0b6da4d2b38b5a423619a7d36be6c7f5.JPG

 

...with friend:

DSCN4530.thumb.JPG.2d1f1d8355d83111ac1903c9ada9faf9.JPG

 

...other faces may appear later.

 

 

Edited by malefactus
9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooo, those faces! Those EYES! ::o: So creepy awesome....

 

This is the best backdrop ever, I'm incredibly excited to see you put it to good use! ^_^

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Ooo, those faces! Those EYES! ::o: So creepy awesome....

 

This is the best backdrop ever, I'm incredibly excited to see you put it to good use! ^_^

 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

 

Making the beasty has been & is fun, but I'm looking forward to the photos of the miniatures as well.

Thanks for the reply, OneBoot. I am happy you like it...spooky faces & all.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the faces!

 

This will make an awesome backdrop!

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Ah the faces!

 

This will make an awesome backdrop!

 

 

 

...I hope so.

Thanks for the reply, X!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Those faces are fantastic!!

 

Thanks, Wolf. The faces didn't quite fit what I was trying for; SO I carefully removed them. They will show up again elsewhere.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now