malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

Gosh, You just get better and better at doing these.  She and the shroom's are looking incredible.

Gob smacking great !  Al. these needs to be on permanent display somewhere.  What a world you are creating.

I LOVE every inch of it.  This trash figure is just astonishing. The Color, the "Everything about it" is top notch;

and over the edge.  Your color choices are magical.  In Short, Bravo my friend, you have a masterpiece on your hands!!!

Just amazing, and its a feast for my eyes !!! 

Jay

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Gosh, You just get better and better at doing these.  She and the shroom's are looking incredible.

Gob smacking great !  Al. these needs to be on permanent display somewhere.  What a world you are creating.

I LOVE every inch of it.  This trash figure is just astonishing. The Color, the "Everything about it" is top notch;

and over the edge.  Your color choices are magical.  In Short, Bravo my friend, you have a masterpiece on your hands!!!

Just amazing, and its a feast for my eyes !!! 

Jay

Thanks for the kind & enthusiastic response, Jay. It is good to see you feeling your old self again.

The colors just tend to come to me once I start smearing on paint. It is all very spontaneous.

I am delighted you are enjoying Mags & Co.. I am afraid Mags will be on display in the closet.

Love the scene!

The expression on the shroom assistents is spot on!

Shroom 1*** Is that all you're offering to Marjorie?***

Shroom 2***Yeah! Is that all?***

Shroom 1*** Hardly enough to wake her up, you should make it worthwile for us!***

Shroom 2 *** Yeah what's with the rubbish?***

Peasant *** But that's my life savings!!!***

Shroom 1 *** Not much of a life huh?***

Shroom 2 *** Should we let him see Marjorie? He seems kinda poor?***

Peasant.."looks hopeful" *** Please all I have left are the clothes I'm  wearing!***

Shroom 1 *** Gimme your hat! Then we'll  think about it!***

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Love the scene!

The expression on the shroom assistents is spot on!

Shroom 1*** Is that all you're offering to Marjorie?***

Shroom 2***Yeah! Is that all?***

Shroom 1*** Hardly enough to wake her up, you should make it worthwile for us!***

Shroom 2 *** Yeah what's with the rubbish?***

Peasant *** But that's my life savings!!!***

Shroom 1 *** Not much of a life huh?***

Shroom 2 *** Should we let him see Marjorie? He seems kinda poor?***

Peasant.."looks hopeful" *** Please all I have left are the clothes I'm  wearing!***

Shroom 1 *** Gimme your hat! Then we'll  think about it!***

Thanks, Glitter I am glad you like it thus far AND have stories playing through your head.

• Like 2

All the Mushrooms are painted & back in place. The Door to Wherever got some detailing & is also painted up:

DSCN5972.thumb.JPG.fe3000eb50d05e655e57cfa2c1220cf1.JPGDSCN5973.thumb.JPG.0b436bdde31407976c41462dd4db11a2.JPGDSCN5974.thumb.JPG.a5e25587748772e45c313079efd82464.JPGDSCN5975.thumb.JPG.613d5908348b0b1bfd6ac97801e886b1.JPG

The Girl is getting close to completion...if it ever can really be called complete.

• Like 10

Finally caught up again! mal, as always your creations bring joy and inspiration to my life. I always find that catching up on your work makes me feel like I have fireworks going off on my brain. But in a good way. :lol: 

I love the photo backdrop... I've got one started that I'm now feeling really enthusiastic about getting to and seeing if I can get it finished. ::):

And mags... What a magnificent little mini world you've created around her! I love that I can never guess what's going to happen with your work and yet once I see it done I can't imagine it any other way.

• Like 5

I like the door with those gears.

I wonder where it leads to?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, canuckotter said:

Finally caught up again! mal, as always your creations bring joy and inspiration to my life. I always find that catching up on your work makes me feel like I have fireworks going off on my brain. But in a good way. :lol: 

I love the photo backdrop... I've got one started that I'm now feeling really enthusiastic about getting to and seeing if I can get it finished. ::):

And mags... What a magnificent little mini world you've created around her! I love that I can never guess what's going to happen with your work and yet once I see it done I can't imagine it any other way.

Funny you should mention it: I also look forward to your visits. All those "likes" were a sure sign that you had dropped by. Thanks for the kind response...& the "likes, canuckotter. 

If you need any advice or mushrooms for your backdrop, give a holler...a PM usually works slightly better than hollering, but isn't quite as satisfying.

I am rather happy with Mags myself, AND I am delighted you like her as well. The thing I find really entertaining about what I am working on is that I'm not sure where it is going either.

I know it will all fit together, but what the shape of things will be is a mystery...senility can be such fun.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I like the door with those gears.

I wonder where it leads to?

Thanks for the reply, Glitter. The new gears from Hobby Lobby are working out nicely. I am happy you like the results.

The Door to Wherever adds a touch of mystery to the Old Girl. Why it is there & where it could take you are that unknown the brings out the adventurer in some folk.

Things turning up where they have no business being starts the B Horror theme music playing...BOOOO OOOOO OOOOO.

• Like 5

I love that the door has a guard posted.  "Hey, yer not supposed to go in there!"  And it's a very cheery looking guard, so I'm betting Mags treats her guards well. 

The model and all the little pieces of her are really a story unto itself.  As I said, I was leery at first, but I should know better by now.  The great and powerful mags.  Now she needs a fantasy dump to live in.  That would be an interesting board all by itself, albeit a smaller on, or part of one.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Darkmeer said:

I love that the door has a guard posted.  "Hey, yer not supposed to go in there!"  And it's a very cheery looking guard, so I'm betting Mags treats her guards well. 

The model and all the little pieces of her are really a story unto itself.  As I said, I was leery at first, but I should know better by now.  The great and powerful mags.  Now she needs a fantasy dump to live in.  That would be an interesting board all by itself, albeit a smaller on, or part of one.

Thanks for the reply, Steve. I am delighted you like it. There are stories to tell around back. The Door may be the start of an adventure.

Mags is very close to completion now. I spray finished her & then remembered I hadn't done her eyes. They'll get a gloss finish anyway.

Her Little Gang of Hooligans will be next...probably. The photo stage beckons as well. Then on to the Vault...that pretty much wraps

up the rest of my life...such as it is.

• Like 4

You know; there are times in life, when you sit in a comfortable chair, your legs on an ottoman,  a cup of

way too hot coffee in your hands, and you look at something amazing, and you smile, contentedly. 

Cause you know, deep in your heart, that right now, all is well with the world.

That is what mags & company, and her secret doorway does to me at this exact moment !!!

:)

Jay

Edited by Jasonator
typo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jasonator said:

You know; there are times in life, when you sit in a comfortable chair, your legs on an ottoman,  a cup of

way too hot coffee in your hands, and you look at something amazing, and you smile, contentedly. 

Cause you know, deep in your heart, that right now, all is well with the world.

That is what mags & company, and here secret doorway does to me at this exact moment !!!

:)

Jay

There is something Motherly, beneficent, & nurturing about Mags that belies her outer appearance. I can identify with the feeling.

I am delighted she has such a pleasant effect on you. Thanks for the reply, Jay. The morale boost is appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barring the inevitable detailing, The Divine Miss Mags is now done. I'll post photos in the Show Off.

Those of you who suffered through The Process get the first peek:

DSCN5989.thumb.JPG.2bc4f4375f7e465701884f8046efb01f.JPGDSCN5976.thumb.JPG.617acb61a314e2e2fb856809fecb96a2.JPGDSCN5988.thumb.JPG.5bf4bcbe960330bc1c97499fc08bb8b2.JPGDSCN5979.thumb.JPG.049984b2c5fea37ab9bbb522126f4fd8.JPGDSCN5977.thumb.JPG.0e21c2cdd0782a0138d0665a957d4762.JPGDSCN5980.thumb.JPG.e75bb4119ceb3093cc49da2a60c293d4.JPGDSCN5978.thumb.JPG.67c108f375eb126ca39f49ac9602bd9c.JPGDSCN5981.thumb.JPG.0aa5f5664e23980b71cce8baa28426c5.JPGDSCN5982.thumb.JPG.9a067a08b68c68f13b65619a26cbe5ec.JPGDSCN5983.thumb.JPG.b623c956bc29ebe905789478014b7c78.JPGDSCN5984.thumb.JPG.aaa8b00a0987afb13062021e87e652b9.JPGDSCN5985.thumb.JPG.9433d636a3ba097ff0efbfac79bc9361.JPGDSCN5986.thumb.JPG.1576f892d86a68c3778dd69f1d6feb3d.JPG

There you go!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1