malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

More shroom goodness coming up!

...most of them look rather evil or, at least, creepy, but there will be more in any case.

• Like 4

Mushrooms, an entrance to the fairy realm, goblins, more mushrooms, a fairy inn, even more mushrooms... :wub:

As always, finding the time to come visit this thread has turned out to be an excellent use of my time. I need to do it more often so I can properly express my appreciation for each piece instead of being overwhelmed by the steady flood of wonder and delight (and enthusiastic mayhem) you produce! Your work continues to be brilliant and inspiring, malefactus!

I also wanted to mention that when I was giving my girlfriend a tour of my house and showed her my hobby area, I made specially sure to show her the figures you sent me. She loves them almost as much as I do. You have another fan. ::D:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, canuckotter said:

Mushrooms, an entrance to the fairy realm, goblins, more mushrooms, a fairy inn, even more mushrooms... :wub:

As always, finding the time to come visit this thread has turned out to be an excellent use of my time. I need to do it more often so I can properly express my appreciation for each piece instead of being overwhelmed by the steady flood of wonder and delight (and enthusiastic mayhem) you produce! Your work continues to be brilliant and inspiring, malefactus!

I also wanted to mention that when I was giving my girlfriend a tour of my house and showed her my hobby area, I made specially sure to show her the figures you sent me. She loves them almost as much as I do. You have another fan. ::D:

Thanks you for the kind reply, canuckotter. You announce your visits with a cavalcade of "likes". I do love hearing from you; SO more frequent visits would be a joy. I am delighted you stopped by AND enjoyed what you saw.

Whenever I send off a Mushroom package to someone, I think it is about time to send you a new set of fungus faces for your shelf...maybe one for your friend as well.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Thanks you for the kind reply, canuckotter. You announce your visits with a cavalcade of "likes". I do love hearing from you; SO more frequent visits would be a joy. I am delighted you stopped by AND enjoyed what you saw.

Whenever I send off a Mushroom package to someone, I think it is about time to send you a new set of fungus faces for your shelf...maybe one for your friend as well.

While I certainly would cherish any you send me, if it makes any difference, things are pretty good these days and I don't require a lot of cheering up. And if I do, well, my girlfriend seems to be around more often than not now, and she's really good at cheering me up. ::D: 

I do plan to start coming back more frequently. I've realised that I need to make time for my hobbies and for visiting all the folks I love on here. ::): It's good for my mental health! Especially when coming here means I get to see wonderful things like your incredible creations. ::): 

My girlfriend is a former-and-future model railroad person... She doesn't have space for it in the apartment she's in now, but she may be claiming some space in my house to set up her track again. If she does, I'm planning on getting her to read through this thread first for inspiration - who said model railroads can't be full of amazing and fantastic details?! ::D: 

• Like 7

OOOOOOHHH!

A fairy train running through the dark woods...  with Schroom engineer and conductor!

That would be neat and the train itself would be an interesting twist I am sure!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, canuckotter said:

While I certainly would cherish any you send me, if it makes any difference, things are pretty good these days and I don't require a lot of cheering up. And if I do, well, my girlfriend seems to be around more often than not now, and she's really good at cheering me up. ::D: 

I do plan to start coming back more frequently. I've realised that I need to make time for my hobbies and for visiting all the folks I love on here. ::): It's good for my mental health! Especially when coming here means I get to see wonderful things like your incredible creations. ::): 

My girlfriend is a former-and-future model railroad person... She doesn't have space for it in the apartment she's in now, but she may be claiming some space in my house to set up her track again. If she does, I'm planning on getting her to read through this thread first for inspiration - who said model railroads can't be full of amazing and fantastic details?! ::D: 

That is good news. I am happy you are more cheerful these days. Sending along a new Mushroom or two can't hurt. It would be WONDERFUL having you around more often.

Cap'n John was a model railroader with plans for the future also. He has quite a collection of things to get back into it. When I was a boy I enjoyed making the buildings with not actual layout to put them on.

33 minutes ago, robinh said:

OOOOOOHHH!

A fairy train running through the dark woods...  with Schroom engineer and conductor!

That would be neat and the train itself would be an interesting twist I am sure!

...I have some steam punk Wrath of Kings thingies ready to take on the Faerie Folk. I wonder what a Fey Railroad would look like. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, malefactus said:

The next Pinterest style Mushroom is base coated & ready to paint:

DSCN6253.thumb.JPG.16623ef484a5a57b151b7a1bce1e41a8.JPGDSCN6254.thumb.JPG.5017263ed267deda7b7f3f6c9f910017.JPG

If I had one, I would say the Mushrooms are taking over my life.

First thing that springs to mind is NieR's Kaine: "Who's that guy?"

I am looking forward to seeing him becoming a colourful character

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

First thing that springs to mind is NieR's Kaine: "Who's that guy?"

I am looking forward to seeing him becoming a colourful character

He is starting to get colorful.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

...I am looking forward to seeing him becoming a colourful character.

...AND it is as you wish; i.e., he(?) is done:

DSCN6255.thumb.JPG.67ea675ee4e2731c8d7560813f1975bc.JPGDSCN6256.thumb.JPG.5946379a178d98007c4f65225b692c7c.JPGDSCN6258.thumb.JPG.367a7f5d2bcdf624078954c5ea60221b.JPGDSCN6257.thumb.JPG.0fa65bef7475238ca62f076710effa5f.JPG

Until whenever.

• Like 8

I love the new version!

All the shrooms together must form a vibrant bouquet of colours!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

I am truely delighted by this colourful experience.

Once again wonderful work, Al! Thanks for sharing ::):

Thanks, Dom. I am happy you like the colors.

Sharing is my pleasure; if it wasn't for the forums I post on just about no one would ever see what I make.

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love the new version!

All the shrooms together must form a vibrant bouquet of colours!

...when these are all based up I will try for a group photo. There are quite a lot already this year.

I am glad you are enjoying them, Glitter. Thanks for the reply.

I did some reworking of The Shroud Mushroom, making the stem paler & the cap more interesting:

DSCN6260.thumb.jpg.be4941bd860ba433ed86959d5959046b.jpgDSCN6259.thumb.jpg.e6994813e5535559fd79fb3295184a22.jpgDSCN6261.thumb.jpg.39383f8559ca37f75ac0da75720daac8.jpg

That's a bit more like it..."it" being creepy.

• Like 7

I LOVE this latest Mushroom.  That cap is amazing !

I love the old, wrinkled face that is drooping down !

Maybe I feel it is almost a portrait (ROFL); but so character

rich.  I think the crowd is yelling MOWRRRRRR MOWRRRRRR !!!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Jasonator said:

I LOVE this latest Mushroom.  That cap is amazing !

I love the old, wrinkled face that is drooping down !

Maybe I feel it is almost a portrait (ROFL); but so character

rich.  I think the crowd is yelling MOWRRRRRR MOWRRRRRR !!!

Thank you for YET ANOTHER morale boosting reply, Jay. I am, of course, delighted you like him.

The cap had been a subdued purple before. I decided to make the cap fit with the brighter Mushroom style.

The stem was a bit too dark...the idea behind the Mushroom was a death shroud look. SO I lighted it a bit.

Quite a lot of the miniatures I have blend nicely with my setting, but now I'm thinking of doing kit bashes of G.W. plastic parts with my own heads to get an even closer fit.

This is a test of that idea (I posted him in the head swap thread as well). He is a Baron Von Munchausen style fellow:

DSCN6250.thumb.JPG.53ec3f3f9636c4e25c0ab807ff505dd5.JPGDSCN6251.thumb.JPG.fbf6a70fe4ebb5859a90a8c0886fda3a.JPGDSCN6252.thumb.JPG.3b93d224f065a3b0ff17995ba1e15d65.JPG

Little Adventurers, like him, Faerie Folk, & other types that are more closely linked to my setting would have this look.

Living Impaired, Revenant types like this would work well with the G.W. parts, particularly the Zombie piece:

6982312285fb07186180e51dabcd7903.jpg

That face is something I might be able to pull off...so to speak.

There are advantages to not having a real life...I guess.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3