Jump to content

malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

Recommended Posts

Thank you my dearest friend;

I am in the process of emptying out my house, (4 bedroom, laundry room, living room, office, and kitchen).

I will be packing up my miniatures, painting desk, and all associated gizmo's and gadgets.

I will be unable to paint for about a month.. (don't know How I Will Survive)...but I am moving

to Oregon.  Once there, I am on gangbusters !!! 

I will keep my tablet charged so I can follow all that is going on at reaper, while my "Stuff" travels

across country to Portland.

I love what you are doing now.  So Inspiring, and so unexpected. 

The whimsy factor, the humor, and the absolute amazing colors that you have been doing

are toe curling. The Rhino is such a master stroke.  Incredible vision and artistry.

I am so glad to call you my friend.

Jay

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Thank you my dearest friend;

I am in the process of emptying out my house, (4 bedroom, laundry room, living room, office, and kitchen).

I will be packing up my miniatures, painting desk, and all associated gizmo's and gadgets.

I will be unable to paint for about a month.. (don't know How I Will Survive)...but I am moving

to Oregon.  Once there, I am on gangbusters !!! 

I will keep my tablet charged so I can follow all that is going on at reaper, while my "Stuff" travels

across country to Portland.

I love what you are doing now.  So Inspiring, and so unexpected. 

The whimsy factor, the humor, and the absolute amazing colors that you have been doing

are toe curling. The Rhino is such a master stroke.  Incredible vision and artistry.

I am so glad to call you my friend.

Jay

 

...a month without painting/modeling; I would explode or turn to dust & blow away. I will try to keep you amused will you wait for your things to arrive. 

Every time John talks about another road trip to New York, I think about dropping in on you & George & a few others. I don't think I can convince him to go to NY via OR.

Have a safe trip & God sped.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, malefactus said:

 

...a month without painting/modeling; I would explode or turn to dust & blow away. I will try to keep you amused will you wait for your things to arrive. 

Every time John talks about another road trip to New York, I think about dropping in on you & George & a few others. I don't think I can convince him to go to NY via OR.

Have a safe trip & God sped.

You make it as close as New York or Boston, I'll be more than willing to make the drive foe a meet up.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

You make it as close as New York or Boston, I'll be more than willing to make the drive foe a meet up.

 

The last road trip North, our first stop was at Cap'n John's Girl Friend, Doreen's place in West Hartford.

Chances are that would be our first port of call next time as well. After that, we take the ferry to  home on L.I..

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

West Hartford is only 30 minutes from my house so that is definitely doable.

 

If the car & Cap'n John hold up, we will get up there eventually...those are two big "ifs" though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Big Fellow is now done up in black & white & ready for some color...a Rhino in his prime:

DSCN6451.thumb.JPG.929791ef5f6f594730a60022d070c977.JPGDSCN6452.thumb.JPG.af5674e722690ec7454b90b530e5d5e1.JPG

 

 

More whenever.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

You make it as close as New York or Boston, I'll be more than willing to make the drive foe a meet up.

I second this.

 

33 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The Big Fellow is now done up in black & white & ready for some color...a Rhino in his prime:

DSCN6451.thumb.JPG.929791ef5f6f594730a60022d070c977.JPGDSCN6452.thumb.JPG.af5674e722690ec7454b90b530e5d5e1.JPG

 

 

More whenever.

I see what you did there. ::D:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

I second this.

 

I see what you did there. ::D:

 

Thanks, Wolf. I am glad you like it..the white over black seems to bring out all the details...this usually good.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome!

 

Thanks, Glitter. I am glad you like it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stunning !!!!!!!!

Extraordinary !!!!

Brilliant !!!!

I can't wait for the color's to be applied !!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Stunning !!!!!!!!

Extraordinary !!!!

Brilliant !!!!

I can't wait for the color's to be applied !!!

 

 

Thanks you for your loyal support, Jay. I am looking forward to the colors as well.

Thus far, I have the base colors done, & the flesh tones underway...photos eventually.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO The Rhino's base is painted & his flesh tone applied. I did some green stuff touch up & added three Reaper 03797 Vultures in lieu of the Tickbird:
DSCN6453.thumb.JPG.1a1c3e27d2ca6beacd8cb4c660179b1f.JPGDSCN6456.thumb.JPG.aa92bb684240f8737f938d7d09c59f8f.JPGDSCN6454.thumb.JPG.9a510b6204bf89ad3dc5e51a6bf37b73.JPGDSCN6455.thumb.JPG.b11132c88481ffdd49498da283ae8265.JPG

 

A better look at his face:

DSCN6457.thumb.JPG.b66852426da7e38d7d2a6c4d1a7ff1a8.JPGDSCN6458.thumb.JPG.81af48519917e0a69544e37f72a840f7.JPGDSCN6459.thumb.JPG.9b11a3b1b4d6e4d712e546c0ded8663f.JPG

 

 

Is that a sweet expression or what?

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×