malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

*** Listen Son, if you're going into the woods, don't go further than the great Oak!***

*** Why Dad? What's beyond the Oak?***

*** You don't want to know Son, you ...just...don't want to know ***

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Listen Son, if you're going into the woods, don't go further than the great Oak!***

*** Why Dad? What's beyond the Oak?***

*** You don't want to know Son, you ...just...don't want to know ***

...if you go out in the woods today, you're in for a big surprise.

• Haha 5

There are two:

DSCN6510.thumb.JPG.78337bed6d75b4ede715bc71434f92ff.JPG

...or three more ready to plant:

DSCN6511.thumb.JPG.fded2c601a7a7d71af8831ac0ef567bb.JPG

Here is The Gang thus far:

DSCN6512.thumb.JPG.e4b52061c879494d2171591f1b7fee99.JPGDSCN6513.thumb.JPG.ea2cb3861929531745119bb9aa2c530b.JPG

The Tall Fellows, Goblin Faeries, & The Rhino are up next...not necessarily in that order.

• Like 12

There's something kind of funny about seeing these monstrous mushrooms popping out of a box that says "For Kittens and Adult Cats."  (Noooooo!  I wouldn't let cats anywhere NEAR these things!  Who KNOWS what will happen to the poor cats?)

• Haha 6

Maybe the kitties are in league with the shrooms?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

There's something kind of funny about seeing these monstrous mushrooms popping out of a box that says "For Kittens and Adult Cats."  (Noooooo!  I wouldn't let cats anywhere NEAR these things!  Who KNOWS what will happen to the poor cats?)

...it's all part of the arrangement. Damnit The Cat has decided that Cap'n John & I are his people. We get to give him the cans of cat food which he agrees to empty...I get the boxes.

The Mushrooms don't move around a lot; at least, when anyone is watching. SO they are no fun to chase & The Cat leaves them alone..they talk too much anyway. 

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Maybe the kitties are in league with the shrooms?

Damnit lives in his own little world...he is The King of The Pecan Grove. He doesn't need to conspire with mere Mushrooms.

The squirrels are another matter entirely. They are the anarchist element in The Grove. The Raccoons are all greedy Republicans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

AND latter the same day, The Tall Ones are done:

DSCN6514.thumb.JPG.088c079fbf2e617b7be00ad796bb148f.JPGDSCN6515.thumb.JPG.533387391ac4d94ca28ff49cb24412cc.JPG

Here's The Gang:

DSCN6516.thumb.JPG.daadf99c3781957eabaefa920671b2b3.JPGDSCN6517.thumb.JPG.781b244d9f6a0fd7566c54523fb96160.JPG

On to new adventures...probably.  

• Like 11

Those tall ones look great!

A few more or less normal looking mushrooms to lure the unexpected adventurer closer.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Those tall ones look great!

A few more or less normal looking mushrooms to lure the unexpected adventurer closer.

...well normal eight to twelve foot tall mushrooms. They do look less dangerous though.

I figure most of the Mushrooms are fairly harmless, gregarious, but otherwise harmless.

It's the ones with the broad smiles & rows of teeth that you have to avoid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gosh I am in Portland and I can't believe the progress you have made !!!  Love them all !  What colors and imagination is being displayed here!  It's mad I say, and so magnificent in its madness.  Love what.you have done !!  BRAVO !!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jasonator said:

Gosh I am in Portland and I can't believe the progress you have made !!!  Love them all !  What colors and imagination is being displayed here!  It's mad I say, and so magnificent in its madness.  Love what.you have done !!  BRAVO !!!

HOORAY! You made it to Portland...I'll take the candle out of the window.

Motivation was in short supply without your comments, Jay. I am glad you like what I managed to get done in your absence.

I am looking forward to what you will create once your are settled in your new place.

Loving the new toothy mushrooms!  And those tall skinny ones are deceptively "normal" looking. Just the sort of thing to fill out a new growth mushroom forest! 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Loving the new toothy mushrooms!  And those tall skinny ones are deceptively "normal" looking. Just the sort of thing to fill out a new growth mushroom forest! 

Thanks for the kind reply, Crowley. I am glad you like the new ones.

I got the idea for the tall mushrooms from these & some others I spotted on Pinterest:

f1a6f175d59d62a74c99e67b6990fc14.jpg

The next batch may have the ribbed effect on the caps.

I'm thinking of having the Faerie Goblins slinking under the towering Mushrooms.

• Like 9

On 7/14/2018 at 9:53 AM, malefactus said:

I'm thinking of having the Faerie Goblins slinking under the towering Mushrooms.

That would be a very cool idea!

17 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That would be a very cool idea!

Thanks, Wolf. Having finally recognized that gaming is not what I am painting for, the display option is becoming more attractive.

The Faerie Goblins are getting some attention:

DSCN6519.thumb.JPG.73ba04ccb841eacec4f5b6e38ee548ca.JPGDSCN6520.thumb.JPG.7784089784ac274fbb2bbcf60b9eaddf.JPG

Goblins are know for their endearing smiles.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1