Jump to content

malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

Recommended Posts

Nice job taking the dynamic pose of the owlbear and working it into the base. 

 

Btw, love the  demon rum...especially the devil tail coming out the backside. I may need to do something similar to some Hirtst art barrels I have laying around. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KruleBear said:

Nice job taking the dynamic pose of the owlbear and working it into the base. 

 

Btw, love the  demon rum...especially the devil tail coming out the backside. I may need to do something similar to some Hirtst art barrels I have laying around. 

 

Thanks for the reply, KruleBear. I am happy you like the new stuff. Do give the barrel conversions a try. They are a lot of fun to do AND the faces add an extra dimension of nuts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Owl Bear aka Psycho Chicken of The Woods is pretty much done  & the base is progressing:

DSCN7514.thumb.JPG.fd19e5cf4d5081184f87af1cbfa1396d.JPG

 

Some Wanted Posters; the center one will probably be nailed to the stump. It's the Psycho's Creator, Francois Perdoix:

DSCN7515.thumb.JPG.9243059a91f97e2b7e3d2f3b65e7343e.JPG

 

More whenever.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rum keg is great!

Love that tail!

 

I really like the colourful take on the Owlbear!

He fits in your world this way!

 

How does the Black Bones take paint?

Do you need to prime in a different way or can you paint it like a metal or resin mini?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Love the owlbear! How did you like working with the Bones Black material?

 

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The rum keg is great!

Love that tail!

 

I really like the colourful take on the Owlbear!

He fits in your world this way!

 

How does the Black Bones take paint?

Do you need to prime in a different way or can you paint it like a metal or resin mini?

 

Thanks for the responses, Corsair & Glitter...that sounds like a theatrical agency. I am glad you like the stuff.

 

The Bones Black, which is actually a dark gray, is very much like the plastic Wyrd uses for their miniatures. It seems a tad denser than G.W's..

It isn't nearly as flexible as the White Bones. It holds detail well AND I had no mold lines to clean. 

I didn't need to do a wash & brush. The mini took a black wash, then a white dry brush with no problem.

I don't care for (White) Bones at all, but the Black is terrific.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SO here's The Psycho Chicken of The Woods:

DSCN7516.thumb.JPG.b3f391d7b99bf1a42c6e31a399feccc4.JPGDSCN7518.thumb.JPG.c229ad3889ba8a551a53c8cdef8f73d5.JPGDSCN7519.thumb.JPG.4933571a7ae2fe63ba9b3216733d1b21.JPG

 

These are the pic that will wind up in The Show Off Section, BUT you saw them first:

DSCN7520.thumb.JPG.46e7b4ea52e033740d48eb74554e7e71.JPGDSCN7521.thumb.JPG.e81883001f3591c650a0b40795481110.JPGDSCN7522.thumb.JPG.ad1ac32d3fe8d0a0dfe40f8ef1394ab2.JPGDSCN7524.thumb.JPG.c52f80690f2878d5ab82f6f84e65c4e2.JPGDSCN7525.thumb.JPG.de5464f3f24892fde741881e28a05811.JPGDSCN7523.thumb.JPG.94030619f029153be3ae5e3f815e15d6.JPG

 

There you go. What is next is anyone's guess.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this new addition.

With those colours you have, again, created an original creature!

 

I wonder what he is up to.

He looks like he is giving a speech, maybe he's instigating a rebellion or something?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love this new addition.

With those colours you have, again, created an original creature!

 

I wonder what he is up to.

He looks like he is giving a speech, maybe he's instigating a rebellion or something?

 

My friend, Liz, thought he was the new Leader of the Woods; the speech would work with that.

I am happy you like the colors. Thanks for the reply, Glitter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome, this gives off a Labyrinth vibe.

You can almost hear the keg talking.

 

 Keg: You're sure you don't want to have a drink? Standing guard all night is thirsty work!

Goblin:  I'm not supposed to drink while on duty.

Keg: Oh, nobody will know, I won't tell!

Goblin: I..I..really shouldn't ( twitches a little)

Keg: That's a shame..*** pours a drink in a large mug*** I'm  just going to put this down on the floor and look the other way now..

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome, this gives off a Labyrinth vibe.

You can almost hear the keg talking.

 

 Keg: You're sure you don't want to have a drink? Standing guard all night is thirsty work!

Goblin:  I'm not supposed to drink while on duty.

Keg: Oh, nobody will know, I won't tell!

Goblin: I..I..really shouldn't ( twitches a little)

Keg: That's a shame..*** pours a drink in a large mug*** I'm  just going to put this down on the floor and look the other way now..

 

...that is exactly how he got in that disgusting condition; i.e., The Devil made him do it.

Labyrinth was a very inspiring movie. The amount of imagination that went into all the little touches is amazing.

Thanks for the reply, Glitter.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dwarf & his barrels complete the Barrels down at Fast Flo's group:

DSCN7539.thumb.JPG.e64b46988c504c61505c9c6600a8a117.JPGDSCN7542.thumb.JPG.2fd8d82d7f2a2313c97734d39efb54e4.JPG

 

 

That got the Wiffenpoofs' song going through my head.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes an awesome Winecellar, or Rum or Beer whatever Devil's Brew is in those barrels!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×