Jump to content

malefactus

The Last Hurrah Project..Photo Heavy

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Jasonator said:

Jay just tosses out an OMG.. What the, He did that, and

If you get anymore talented my friend, we are going to be overwhelmed with the achievements of your world.

Superlative is the only word.

 

Loved everyone else's comments also.

 

Jay

 

Thanks for the reply, Jay It is WONDERFUL, as always, to hear from you. I am delighted you enjoyed the new additions.

Churning out all sorts of strange thingies is a necessity for me...like a shark's need to keep moving. I have a few more

dwarves & a few Pumpkinheads underway as well as all those Mushrooms.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, after last night's comments about 80s Rock, you have to do up a girlie band for the forest, the Mangles or something like that.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Okay, after last night's comments about 80s Rock, you have to do up a girlie band for the forest, the Mangles or something like that.

 

...maybe a quartet of Banshees or a few kinky Elf Babes.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...these are the Dwarves I mentioned:

DSCN7590.thumb.JPG.75e80775b8969e2bf3928f4b20fc2c29.JPG

 

There does seem to be a drinking & rowdy hooliganism to the Little Guys:

DSCN7589.thumb.JPG.c76469f14b55c286f48a31a4a8c93414.JPG

 

I may have to create a Drinking Quarter next to The Blight.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Dwarf Hooligans!

 

Are there Bloodbowl Games in the Blight?

Yes! Joan Jetblack and the Boggards can be our halftime show at Wolfwhiz Ale Stadium!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Dwarf Hooligans!

 

Are there Bloodbowl Games in the Blight?

 

...I have never played a G.W. game. I would hate to break my record abstinence.

 This is a Hooligan friendly thread.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Corsair said:

Most of my Bloodbowl teams are made from Reaper minis

 

You need to show those in the Show Off

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, malefactus said:

AND in The Woods:

There you have him...right before he makes his escape back to The Blight.

 

(Epic photos deleted so I don't spam everyone.)

 

Wow.  That is quite the setting!  I can't help but imagine scenes like these being used as part of some sort of a mega storybook project -- wherein the story is illustrated with photographs of whimsical-creepy dioramas (with dolls or miniatures staged therein) to depict the various scenes, rather than more conventional 2D art. 

I'm fairly certain that at some point in my childhood, I've seen such a book, though I can't name any at the moment -- unless I am allowed to count the various Viewmaster reels that I had as a kid, some of which featured diorama scenes in order to fully exploit the possibilities of the stereoscopic presentation, accompanied by only the briefest of text that could fit into that little caption window.
 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, robinh said:

the new schrooms are soooo cute!

 

...at this stage they do look cute. It is only when they have (hopefully) expressive faces that they get creepy.

I am glad yo like them thus far, robin. Thanks for the reply.

 

12 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

 

(Epic photos deleted so I don't spam everyone.)

 

Wow.  That is quite the setting!  I can't help but imagine scenes like these being used as part of some sort of a mega storybook project -- wherein the story is illustrated with photographs of whimsical-creepy dioramas (with dolls or miniatures staged therein) to depict the various scenes, rather than more conventional 2D art. 

I'm fairly certain that at some point in my childhood, I've seen such a book, though I can't name any at the moment -- unless I am allowed to count the various Viewmaster reels that I had as a kid, some of which featured diorama scenes in order to fully exploit the possibilities of the stereoscopic presentation, accompanied by only the briefest of text that could fit into that little caption window.
 

 

...I remember Viewmaster, although whatever it was that I watched, I can't remember.

 

I no longer play games with the miniatures, & displaying them would be difficult with the constraints of space. SO placing them in story telling settings was what I have been trying for.

The stories can come from what my viewers see in the photos not necessarily from me.

I have a few scenic boards, but they are cumbersome for photos. I got the idea for photo stages from Ana Polanscek's Garden of Hecate; she did a Forest Stage that I based my

own Mushroom Forest & Spooky Woods on. I have a larger Woodsy board & plans for Urban boards under way. Now it's a matter of getting fired up about the pieces.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, malefactus said:

 

I have a few scenic boards, but they are cumbersome for photos. I got the idea for photo stages from Ana Polanscek's Garden of Hecate; she did a Forest Stage that I based my

own Mushroom Forest & Spooky Woods on. I have a larger Woodsy board & plans for Urban boards under way. Now it's a matter of getting fired up about the pieces.

 

Oohhh With an Urban Board, you could make a sewer underneath a street or something.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

 

Oohhh With an Urban Board, you could make a sewer underneath a street or something.

 

 

 

So we are on the same page, what I mean by a stage is an comparatively narrow & long stage area with a scenic background. A board is a 1' X 2' or 2'X 2' gaming style tile with permanent scenery attached.

Thus far I have the Spooky Woods & Mushroom Forest stages done with another Woods stage built & awaiting paint.. The Gray Scale Cavern is kind of a stage & kind of a board; it's getting a face lift. Then I 

have Heap's Place mountain/cavern bar & bat poop cave), the original Spooky Woods, St. Lascivious' Cemetery, The Goblin Village, The Witches' Isles, & Rapunzel's Twisted Tower Boards done. The Blight

Board is going be disassembled & used in pieces for a few different Urban photo stages.

AND bi/multi-level boards with sewers, catacombs & such is something I would like to include on or rather under the new stages.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sewers, forgotten buried treasures, an old cemetary, burrowing creatures and their lairs.

 

Possibilities!!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×