Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

#Owlbearproblems

So started unbending some bones and cleaning up some mold lines.. the Owlbear's right wing is gapping pretty bad.. i managed to break it free to reset it.. has anyone else who got their Vampire had that issue and fixed it?

Wow! Thread derailed on post #2. Impressive, in an IHateTheMods kind of way.

To try to drag this thread back on topic: I have four owlbears from 3½ Vampire boxes. They all have varying degrees of gaps where the right wing meets the shoulder. It's a matter of opinion of course but none of them are so bad that I'd consider trying to break it apart and reseat it. I'll fill the gaps.

• Like 1

Mine was only glued on the underside of the arm/wing so it was easier to pull out. I found some casting burrs on it and cleaned them off and have filled it in with some green stuff.. i hope once it drives the gap won't be too noticeable.

What are casting burrs?

Also known as "flash", extra plastic that seeped out of the gap between mold halves.

What are casting burrs?

Bits of extra plastic, either excessive flash or more likely an injection point that wasn't trimmed enough. Basically they're saying that there was a bit of extra plastic keeping the wing from fully seating in its socket.

Ninja'ed by Mistimp. Well timed that.

Edited by Erifnogard

There was a pretty big gap on mine, so I removed the wing, but I haven't put it back in place yet.

I just painted my owlbear yesterday and it was okay. You can definitely tell where its arm is attached, if I was more of a perfectionist I'd try and smooth it out with putty, but the arm was glued snugly and securely.

The owlbear is very rubbery, however. I fear I may ultimately regret the decision not to stiffen it with a layer of white glue before painting it.

I do like the sculpt very much.

Is your attached arm hitting the ground next to the base, or is it slightly above? I seem to have a slight upward curve that puts the arm on the ground