Sign in to follow this  
Carnacki the Ghost Finder

Ye Olde Grenadier Warlock

I agree. Crude as they are, they have old-school charm and a sense of nostalgia. I'm in the process of repainting all my old Grenadier AD&D boxed sets.

• Like 1

I agree. Crude as they are, they have old-school charm and a sense of nostalgia. I'm in the process of repainting all my old Grenadier AD&D boxed sets.

I can't bring myself to strip my old ones. I picked up an AD&D Action Art set of adventurers recently and stripped someone else's paint job. Once I feel competent enough I'm going to paint them and then I'm going to put the first set of those I ever painted next to the new ones.

Why?

Why not?

I think you've done a very nice job on an old classic. I made the mistake of stripping my first ever painted miniature (a Grenadier hobbit) before I knew about EBay so that I could repaint him better. I'd say keep your own old paint jobs, but if it's somebody else's paint job don't worry so much.

• Like 1

I've kept the very first miniature I ever painted, along with a representative selection of early miniatures with their original paint jobs, but I have too many great old Citadels, Ral Parthas and Grenadiers that are badly painted with Testors enamel to keep them all in their original state. I've been doing some wide-scale stripping and repainting lately.