I have a bunch of the old D&D lead (??) figures made by Ral Partha (I think). When I was a youngin, I started painting a few of them by basically just starting to paint right onto the metal.
After painting many of my gaming figures (Descent, Last Night on Earth, etc.) I have become at least moderately proficient in painting modern plastic figures.
I am thinking about going back and giving my old figures and was wondering if anyone had any tips...
1. What is the best primer to use with the metal figures?
2. Since I didn't use primer on my first attempts (and they aren't any good anyway), I presume that I will go back and strip the original paint jobs. Tips for the best way to go about this with metal minis?
3. Basing tips, most notably how to attach?
4. Any difference in painting techniques in terms of how the paint operates on the metal minis?
5. Finishing tips? I often use the dip method (actually I just paint on the dip with a brush) on plastics...can I use that on metals as well?
Thanks in advance for any of you that have expertise in painting in this format.