Sign in to follow this  
Darkmatter

Bones international orders question re: ticker

Still no ROW shipments :down:

Its motivation for me to see how much stuff I can do before I get a huge box of goodness (and badness... I don't really think bony dragons are a force for the light)

Last I heard they hadn't printed out any of the labels for RoW, so the packages aren't even assembled and ready to be pick up. They're waiting to hear when the truck is available and are going to pack accordingly.

He said last night that the first book of 1500 ROW orders is printed, and ends at nine items. So we're waiting on USPS to send around a truck -_- . I'm not holding my breath.

Damn, and my pledge is 10 items so I'm just in the second batch. Oh well.

Its more time to get more painting done!

(Which is important as since the KS I've barely painted 170 minis, though its about 200 in the last 12 months, and June was a very unproductive month. Bring on long service at the end of the year!)

Last I heard they hadn't printed out any of the labels for RoW, so the packages aren't even assembled and ready to be pick up. They're waiting to hear when the truck is available and are going to pack accordingly.

He said last night that the first book of 1500 ROW orders is printed, and ends at nine items. So we're waiting on USPS to send around a truck -_- . I'm not holding my breath.

Damn, and my pledge is 10 items so I'm just in the second batch. Oh well.

I'm 20+ so I'm in the second group.

DHL and FedEx are far more expensive options than USPS. From Bryan's answer, I'm going to infer that these are ready to go, they are just waiting on said truck to pick them up. Then the packages will be on the way to you.

That and DHL is absolutely terrible internationally -- I've also pledged on the Ouya kickstarter and my Ouya is at the mercy of DHL right now. Come to think of it, maybe I should check my tracking number to see if it's left Hong Kong by now -- last I checked it was still there and it's been over a week (China being the point of origin).

M

AFAIK, and this is all speculation because we've been given no information on this, the large orders seen over the weekend were the 40+ ones being packed by the Elite Weekend Team. The first truck has not, to my knowledge, arrived yet. If that's correct, then Rest Of the World (ROW) shipping has not started.

Warning! Unjustified rant coming. Don't highlight if you don't want to read it.

And, following the pattern we've seen out of Reaper since the start of this Kickstarter, if something goes wrong they clamp down on all information. As I've said elsewhere - it's understandable. I get it, I really do. Not saying anything but good news starves the trolls of oxygen and prevents an explosion of Internet Bile™. But, dang it, it's been 3 months. A quarter of a year. We were told they were shipping in March. They technically hit that mark, but it was technically in March the way that technically I am a hugely entitled man-child. Once they'd done the Vampire only pledges, both domestic and foreign, they had to shut down shipping for around 2 months. Yet again, not a big deal, we always understood once they actually told us what the heck was going on.

But we were told, from day one, that the shipping process would be a 3 day cycle of 1 day US, 1 day Canada, 1 day International. They've had almost a year to sort out the logistics of this. And while I'm happy that the Bones are at least flowing, I've got no confidence that Reaper will sort the issues before they ship every single US order, or even that there won't be a gap of a few months while they arrange for a truck to come and pick up the ROW Bones. And the reason I've got no confidence is because of the constantly shattered expectations - and I don't mean exceding them.

I like Reaper as a company. My interactions with them since the Kickstarter got me back into the hobby have been shining examples of customer service done right. Unfortunately, that has shone a rather harsh contrast onto the customer service surrounding the Kickstarter.

Mistakes happen. 3rd parties can't be easily controlled. The only thing you can control is your own actions in this sort of kerffufle, and I'm losing paitience with Reapers actions around the ROW shipping. I'm asking myself, for the first time, whether it'd be faster to cancel my order and just buy what I want off Ebay or similar. And I don't want to do that! I want to support Reaper!

But they're making it so hard to do!

Probably won´t be faster and almost sure won´t be cheaper. At least they are sending. I think that the canadian situation and the usps truck are things that can be planned with more time. But is just that, what I think without knowing the whole info.

And even then I´m not worried at all. I suppose that is because I don´t have the time to use or paint the minis at this moment and that they will be in the box for a while until proper use

DHL and FedEx are far more expensive options than USPS. From Bryan's answer, I'm going to infer that these are ready to go, they are just waiting on said truck to pick them up. Then the packages will be on the way to you.

That and DHL is absolutely terrible internationally -- I've also pledged on the Ouya kickstarter and my Ouya is at the mercy of DHL right now. Come to think of it, maybe I should check my tracking number to see if it's left Hong Kong by now -- last I checked it was still there and it's been over a week (China being the point of origin).

M

Not true.

I purchased a 27" ips screen from South Korea that got shipped per DHL Worldwide Express and it arrived in 3 days. No problems at all.

Did they make you pay at the door in exact change? That's the only reason I don't like DHL. And not the surprise fee, so much as it was exact change and the deliveryperson didn't carry change.

Whut?

It's a weird way to do it.

No,

the fee was included in the Ebay price.

They did make me pay the customs though and it had to be exact change and they didn't take EC or credit cards,

which ticked me off quite a bit, but then I had a brand new 27" ips screen and suddenly it didn't matter that much. :-)

AFAIK, and this is all speculation because we've been given no information on this, the large orders seen over the weekend were the 40+ ones being packed by the Elite Weekend Team. The first truck has not, to my knowledge, arrived yet. If that's correct, then Rest Of the World (ROW) shipping has not started.

Warning! Unjustified rant coming. Don't highlight if you don't want to read it.

And, following the pattern we've seen out of Reaper since the start of this Kickstarter, if something goes wrong they clamp down on all information. As I've said elsewhere - it's understandable. I get it, I really do. Not saying anything but good news starves the trolls of oxygen and prevents an explosion of Internet Bile™. But, dang it, it's been 3 months. A quarter of a year. We were told they were shipping in March. They technically hit that mark, but it was technically in March the way that technically I am a hugely entitled man-child. Once they'd done the Vampire only pledges, both domestic and foreign, they had to shut down shipping for around 2 months. Yet again, not a big deal, we always understood once they actually told us what the heck was going on.

But we were told, from day one, that the shipping process would be a 3 day cycle of 1 day US, 1 day Canada, 1 day International. They've had almost a year to sort out the logistics of this. And while I'm happy that the Bones are at least flowing, I've got no confidence that Reaper will sort the issues before they ship every single US order, or even that there won't be a gap of a few months while they arrange for a truck to come and pick up the ROW Bones. And the reason I've got no confidence is because of the constantly shattered expectations - and I don't mean exceding them.

I like Reaper as a company. My interactions with them since the Kickstarter got me back into the hobby have been shining examples of customer service done right. Unfortunately, that has shone a rather harsh contrast onto the customer service surrounding the Kickstarter.

Mistakes happen. 3rd parties can't be easily controlled. The only thing you can control is your own actions in this sort of kerffufle, and I'm losing paitience with Reapers actions around the ROW shipping. I'm asking myself, for the first time, whether it'd be faster to cancel my order and just buy what I want off Ebay or similar. And I don't want to do that! I want to support Reaper!

But they're making it so hard to do!

I am nowhere near cancelling and getting everything off Ebay, but I am on your side re: the communication issues.

I'm not on Facebook, there is no official thread in the Reaper forums and I can't be arsed to read through thousands of Kickstarter comments

just to pick up a detail or two. It should have been centralized and made clear in a Kickstarter update where to get official information.

And I don't find your rant unjustified, just the consequence now that we are so near to shipping.

40th post. ::P:

I don't think your rant is unjustified either Laoke, I love Reaper and pimp them out to all of my friends but this is getting ridiculous. I also wouldn't be surprised if they save ROW to last, which in my mind is pretty lame. Given that U.S. orders usually take a few days to arrive, and we'll have a 2+ week wait even after our items finally get shipped. I want to punch my PC screen every time I see someone from the U.S. saying, 'looks like they won't get to my items for a few days!' At least you have some damn idea of when your parcel is going to ship!
I know they're not telling us anything until there's anything concrete to tell, but even a 'hang in there guys, we haven't forgotten you' would be better than this continued radio silence as they go about their business with U.S. orders and leave us in the proverbial dust.

I'm not sure now whether I'll be pledging to their next Kickstarter is ROW is going to be another disaster like this.

Edited by Cassu
  • Like 2

I know that the issue has been getting the truck from USPS so that they can actually send them, however I'm starting to get a bit frustrated with it all as well.